Clutch Users ... 1/4 with or without clutch?

• Thread starter N155AN
  • 6 comments
auzzam
Hi Guys,

Was just trying 1/4 mile times in the supra, and kind of hit a wall once I got down to the low 10.4XX, this was all done using the clutch on my g25, however yesterday I thought I would do one run with the controller and I instantly got 10.2XX

I wanted to know if I just need practice shifting with the clutch in order to lower my 1/4 times or will the pad always be quicker?

p.s I've seen some people have broke the 9second barrier with the supra (was this without the use of clutch)... I would love to even get close but stuck with this 10.4xx :ouch:

Hi Guys,

Was just trying 1/4 mile times in the supra, and kind of hit a wall once I got down to the low 10.4XX, this was all done using the clutch on my g25, however yesterday I thought I would do one run with the controller and I instantly got 10.2XX

I wanted to know if I just need practice shifting with the clutch in order to lower my 1/4 times or will the pad always be quicker?

p.s I've seen some people have broke the 9second barrier with the supra (was this without the use of clutch)... I would love to even get close but stuck with this 10.4xx :ouch:
Clutch= more lag of shifting lol that's just me though

Hi Guys,

The 9 second cars are almost certainly being run on the DS3. I can see some advantage to using the clutch on launch but every shift will be faster with DS3, particularly with how drag racers set the transmission.

Rotary Junkie
The 9 second cars are almost certainly being run on the DS3. I can see some advantage to using the clutch on launch but every shift will be faster with DS3, particularly with how drag racers set the transmission.

The G27 you could launch off clutch and tap paddles to shift. Might be worth a try.

Also agree banging gears. Even on a SIM is a blast. Miss the G27. Gotta snag a TH8.

Unfortunately, you can't power-shift in GT5. So manually shifting will be a bit slower.

Back