Codemasters Forum Refugees Sign in here

• Thread starter Mercia
  • 13 comments
This will probably hit as an unexpected surprise, but I'm marioho from Codies forum. And mariohomoh I think at EA Answers.

Now please get on to explaining exactly how KNT translates to Mercia. It feels like I'm playing Crusader Kings (again) all of a sudden.

Edit: changing avatars already?! Are you chickening out already, @Mercia? Afraid of Wessex' might or Wales' sheep?

Last edited:
This will probably hit as an unexpected surprise, but I'm marioho from Codies forum. And mariohomoh I think at EA Answers.

Now please get on to explaining exactly how KNT translates to Mercia. It feels like I'm playing Crusader Kings (again) all of a sudden.
I signed up for Codies via PS Network, maybe, so apparently KNT2011 is my initials and the year I signed up for PS. Maybe...

I was playing a lot of CK when I signed up here, before I knew it I had 500 posts and you can't change your username so.. stuck with it.

I can't tell if you're serious or not but honestly that's the version I'm choosing to believe in.

All power to a strongly united and ever expanding Ireland.

Hi all. I’m ‘stephensmattlee’ from the old Codies forums. Good to see some familiar names on here too.

Really can’t get on with the EA Answers HQ forum. So poorly laid out for mobile and feels so clunky to use. Plus doed anyone else find they have to sign back in all the time as well? 😕

Hi all. I’m ‘stephensmattlee’ from the old Codies forums. Good to see some familiar names on here too.

Really can’t get on with the EA Answers HQ forum. So poorly laid out for mobile and feels so clunky to use. Plus doed anyone else find they have to sign back in all the time as well? 😕
Agreed mate it's just not made for regular use it's just for show, meeting some PR quota on a spreadsheet somewhere.

Agreed mate it's just not made for regular use it's just for show, meeting some PR quota on a spreadsheet somewhere.
Absolutely, no way a company as big as EA would have a forum as bad and as poorly functioning as that unless they intended it to be that way.

@Jordan Codemasters were acquired by EA in late 2020 and now they seem to be consolidating the operations under the EA umbrella, specifically the support side of things.

Now the community, including a handful of Codemasters' staff, is in a pickle as EA Answers isn't really that great of a platform for community ties. As the name suggests, it's quite the aseptic white room for quick troubleshooting and the like.

Codemasters are still deciding on what to do with the situation, and but some of us are already enamored with @Mercia suggestion of congregating here!

@Jordan Codemasters were acquired by EA in late 2020 and now they seem to be consolidating the operations under the EA umbrella, specifically the support side of things.

Now the community, including a handful of Codemasters' staff, is in a pickle as EA Answers isn't really that great of a platform for community ties. As the name suggests, it's quite the aseptic white room for quick troubleshooting and the like.

Codemasters are still deciding on what to do with the situation, and but some of us are already enamored with @Mercia suggestion of congregating here!
Cheers, we'd love to have you. :cheers:

We will be getting our hands on F1 22 soon so our editorial coverage on it is about to pick up. Of course, that should see a bump in activity to our F1 forums as well. The more the merrier.

Which reminds me, I need to make our own F1 22 forum...

I'll move a few relevant threads over there now, but feel free to help break it in. :D

Last edited:

Essentially, EA Answers is a tech support forum first and foremost, whereas the Codies forum was more a hangout space (with subforums for support). For official support of F1 22 EA Answers is the place to go. We're still discussing/finalising plans for legacy titles like F1 2021 and DiRT Rally 2.0.

The "hangout people" (ie those that don't simply go to the forum for bug reporting) are looking for a place to hang out, and a few forum peeps recommended GTP :)

@Jordan: Myself/Codemasters/EA haven't directed people to GTP; it's forum members doing that on their own, since GTP is a cool place to be :)

Back