Codemasters Reveals Almost All The Cars in GRID

The DPI cars were confirmed in the last batch of car announcement, not sure why is it not on that list.

GT4 and GTE are two separate class, Codemasters has placed the GTE in Group 1 and GT4 in Group 2. It is rather annoying that the car list is listed by its career branch class and not its in game sub class.

Okay, so there are sub classes. Got it. I know that the DPi cars were announced relatively recently, that's why I was confused. So I'm guessing that they are under the "hidden up our sleeves" line.

Where do you see any Trans-Am cars? :odd:

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Modified
Ford Mustang Mach 1 Modified <-(Though I remember the 302 being use)
Pontiac Firebird Modified

Just as examples.

Chevrolet Camaro Z28 Modified
Ford Mustang Mach 1 Modified <-(Though I remember the 302 being use)
Pontiac Firebird Modified

Just as examples.

I read those cars to be more like throwing a roll cage in a street car, not like tube frame chassis modern Trans-Am cars. I get that Trans-Am started life as roll cages in street cars, but my mind goes to the tube frame design these days.

we are around 10 cars short from the full car list, pretty sure the FGX Falcon will be listed on the next list. Grid has the VASC/V8SC car class named as Super Tourer since the last game, that Camaro should be classed in there as well.

The touring branch in the career menu does have a picture of the Camaro and the FGX Falcon.

I hadn't seen that picture. I see it also has some kind of truck style racing. That adds more interest for me. I'm leaning toward a purchase even more now.

I hope there will be subdivisions because some of those groupings look all over the place with cars from various eras and racing series lumped into one (Touring and GT in particular). Like 330 P4 in GT when it should be prototype. Or the oddball Stratos in GT. Or the double Sierra RS500 (the only difference being one is Group A and the other is ???).

If you think F1 GTR in Gr.3 in GT Sport is bad, you haven't seen this :P
The mclaren in GR.3 is not even that bad what about the Mazda TC in N200 , Toyota SF-R Racing concept in N400 , R8 Gordini in GR.X etc ? :lol:

There is an incredibly distinct difference between the rest of the genre losing out of an entire marquee because they are in an exclusitivity arrangement with a specific series, and as such losing out on historical and interesting models, both race and street, from said marquee...and not buying a game because it didn't have a car that, as somebody put it, you've based your entire online persona around.

Come on dude.
Not really, that's something really personal, i neither care about Toyota or Mclaren so i couldn't care less, but i can see why someone would decide on buying a mediocre game if it contained a car he or she really liked at least.

Strange how you presented your comment as a fact though btw, its not "distinct" to everybody, the mayority perhaps but not to everyone.

Do you know how many races have each event ? It's too little to see anything.
One championship with 5 races isn't interesting.

Not sure, I got that picture from gameplay videos but from what I saw I think 4-5 races per career event is the most. It doesn’t look like the career banner thing could fit more than 5.

I hadn't seen that picture. I see it also has some kind of truck style racing. That adds more interest for me. I'm leaning toward a purchase even more now.

It is a fictional NASCAR truck I think, it is one of the fictional name in the “stock” branch.

Not sure, I got that picture from gameplay videos but from what I saw I think 4-5 races per career event is the most. It doesn’t look like the career banner thing could fit more than 5.

It is a fictional NASCAR truck I think, it is one of the fictional name in the “stock” branch.
Thanks a lot. I Hope there is a way to create an offline championship in free play mode.

I'm not surprised. I couldn't identify the truck from the picture. But, with so many real vehicles, I don't understand how they couldn't use real stock car/truck designs/names. The only thing I could see is if NASCAR wanted some license money or had some kind of exclusivity contract with another game developer.

I'm not surprised. I couldn't identify the truck from the picture. But, with so many real vehicles, I don't understand how they couldn't use real stock car/truck designs/names. The only thing I could see is if NASCAR wanted some license money or had some kind of exclusivity contract with another game developer.

I'm guessing they just didn't feel it was worth going through the licensing process since it's not like they have much in common with their actual street car equivalents. PC2 having a generic Ford stock car and 4 different games having the official NASCAR license are really the only thing I have supporting my theory of it not being an actual licensing issue though.

At least their generic NASCAR vehicles are better than the ones EA put in the official games in the late 00's. :ill:

I'm guessing they just didn't feel it was worth going through the licensing process since it's not like they have much in common with their actual street car equivalents. PC2 having a generic Ford stock car and 4 different games having the official NASCAR license are really the only thing I have supporting my theory of it not being an actual licensing issue though.

The stock car in PC2 does say Fusion on the front bumper, so I'd say they got whatever stamp of approval to use the name. However, I agree that on Grid it is a moot point since they may be blurring the lines with some of the race classes. I'll still drive them.

I'd definitely like to know about these licences. Ian Bell mentioned how Virgin Australia Supercars wanted too much money to place those cars in PC2. VASC also wanted all tracks added if they were to grant licensing. That game only has the old 2013 FG Falcon.

T10 got to use the whole COTF lineup(S60, E63, Altima, Falcon, Commodore) without all the tracks in the VASC calendar(only Bathurst is in Forza). They also got an eSports out of the deal(now it's a deal with iRacing- soon to be cancelled though).

CM look to have the two main vehicles, in the current(the ZB was introduced last year) VASC line up. The Altima is under Kelly Racing now), as NISMO have withdrawn from VASC. Still, KR have Nissan's blessing to run the Altima. The FG X II has that Chaz Mostert SuperCheap livery. Also getting SMP in the game. How did CM pull that off?

Where's Mercedes AMG GT4 in The Game?

it looks like the entire Mercedes brand is missing this time.

Forza Horizon 4 does.

pretty sure he meant the this one to class with the other GT4 cars, not the AMG GT4S in FH4:
c190-gt4-ext-2017_AMG_PICTURE00281-hd.jpg

Don't think any console games have the proper racing variant of it yet.

Just wondering, when GRID drops, this will be the first PlayStation game, to have official Supercars since the Australian V8 Supercars games.

I'm not talking about just having a Commodore and Falcon V8 like in GAS. I mean Real Official liveried cars.

I don't think it is official Supercars, they seem to got 1 official livery for each car and that's it. The rest of cars are running on Codemasters own livery design and team.

I don't think it is official Supercars, they seem to got 1 official livery for each car and that's it. The rest of cars are running on Codemasters own livery design and team.
Even if it's just the two, PC/PC2 only have the FG V8SC with their made up liveries.

It's a long time between drinks, that a Playstation game has featured official Supercars.

Even if it's just the two, PC/PC2 only have the FG V8SC with their made up liveries.

It's a long time between drinks, that a Playstation game has featured official Supercars.

It is the closest game to a official Supercars on the PS4, much like Grid Autosport on the PS3 with the FG Falcon and VF Commodore.

Still happy to see those cars together in a game, I wonder how the fictional Camaro codemasters made looks like.

I hope so maybe they bring back many track like Miami/Chicago from GRID 2?

I think that is possible, the community manager did mention they have 1 licensed tracks coming as free DLC. Most likely the rest are the fictional tracks from past game.

I think that is possible, the community manager did mention they have 1 licensed tracks coming as free DLC. Most likely the rest are the fictional tracks from past game.

I hope not only 1 licensed track...

Previous Grid games had Spa, Bathrust, Nurburgring GP and RedBull ring, LeMans. I hope this tracks will come back or at least some of them.

And i would love to see Nordschleife but it can be harsh for the Ego Engine.

I hope not only 1 licensed track...

Previous Grid games had Spa, Bathrust, Nurburgring GP and RedBull ring, LeMans. I hope this tracks will come back or at least some of them.

And i would love to see Nordschleife but it can be harsh for the Ego Engine.

Considering they are giving it out free, I won't be surprised if that is the case. I would love to see the tracks you mention come back and I don't mind paying for it if it is packaged with some DLC cars.

Considering they are giving it out free, I won't be surprised if that is the case. I would love to see the tracks you mention come back and I don't mind paying for it if it is packaged with some DLC cars.

i hope it won't be the case.

On the other hand. If not real tracks i hope we won't get only City Based fictional tracks. I hope we will get more circuits for GT, Touring Cars and Prototype Action. I like city tracks, but i don't want to have too much of them.

i hope it won't be the case.

On the other hand. If not real tracks i hope we won't get only City Based fictional tracks. I hope we will get more circuits for GT, Touring Cars and Prototype Action. I like city tracks, but i don't want to have too much of them.

I don't mind more city tracks, Grid felt better with city tracks for me but I hope the free tracks is not just bringing back old tracks that they miss out but some new ones that we never see before.

At best there's half-a-dozen cars on that list that are both interesting (to me) and not already in PC2. Alongside the track list this makes certain I'm going to pass on this, for now at least.

Back