Codemasters Reveals Post-Launch Plans for DiRT Rally 2.0

So it will match D4 class in that the R4 one will be the WRX STI sedan.
Thank you for the info/ confirmation. I welcome the '08 model, but I will still look out for a 2001-2007 generation Impreza. I believe the 2001 was more or less confirmed in Season 2.

Thank you for the info/ confirmation. I welcome the '08 model, but I will still look out for a 2001-2007 generation Impreza. I believe the 2001 was more or less confirmed in Season 2.

Yeah they dropped a big hint that it was coming in another season so hopefully it'll be season 2.

Having to wait till Season 2 AND pay extra for a car that was in the first game is bloody cheeky. Codies could at least give a different year so at least they can say it’s not EXACTLY the same, if not, then it should be free.

Last edited:
Having to wait till Season 2 AND pay extra for a car that was in the first game is bloody cheeky. Codies could at least give a different year so at least they can say it’s not EXACTLY the same, if not, then it should be free.

Nothing is guaranteed yet.

I don't have objections to paid dlc when it is for work done after release.

However, to complete the Monte Carlo rally so soon after release, this work has already been done before release, surely? Which means holding back completed content from the base game, of which I do not approve.

They've even released comparison images of Monte Carlo before release, which all suggests to me this rally at least should be in the base game content without paying extra.

I don't have objections to paid dlc when it is for work done after release.

However, to complete the Monte Carlo rally so soon after release, this work has already been done before release, surely? Which means holding back completed content from the base game, of which I do not approve.

They've even released comparison images of Monte Carlo before release, which all suggests to me this rally at least should be in the base game content without paying extra.

Just because they announce it and show a teaser doesn't mean it was ready when the game went gold.

Just because they announce it and show a teaser doesn't mean it was ready when the game went gold.

This. Visually, the track may look ready but what the screenshots do not show is if the track is ready to be driven on or accessed by the player. The appropriate grip levels may need to be changed for each surface, the contact patches may need to be reworked and then there are the little things like integrating the track info into the UI.

This. Visually, the track may look ready but what the screenshots do not show is if the track is ready to be driven on or accessed by the player. The appropriate grip levels may need to be changed for each surface, the contact patches may need to be reworked and then there are the little things like integrating the track info into the UI.
Not a good excuse. They’ve had 3 years to do all that.

They want our money, that’s the only reason they kept the DLC content out of the game at launch. To think anything else is just being naive, or may I say, stupid.

I’m part of the problem myself, because I bought the deluxe version, because I knew I wanted the DLC content, and I hate myself for it.

Not a good excuse. They’ve had 3 years to do all that.

They want our money, that’s the only reason they kept the DLC content out of the game at launch. To think anything else is just being naive, or may I say, stupid.

I’m part of the problem myself, because I bought the deluxe version, because I knew I wanted the DLC content, and I hate myself for it.

It is a fantastic excuse. It's been 2 years since Dirt 4 was launched. In that toke they've rebuilt the physics, created a whole new environmental physics systems with degradations AND made 6 brand new handbuilt locations, AND 18 new to the series cars.

Good on them I say.

The first DLC is released in one week, have Codies give any idea on how much any of this will cost yet? I can't see anything on the official website.

I hope season 2 will bring back Finland, Greece and Wales. It would add so much more variety than three small cross venues.

I think it will because in custom championship mode we have 12 slots for rallies so they will bring back 3 further rallies (6+3+3) and if decision Is taken i do not expect them to hold such content for a season 3 which might never happen.

In those 12 slots, you can also put an RX event. I find that quite strange. Rally in country x, RX in country y, Rally in country z.

Deluxe content pack is 26,99 EUR on PS Store, so you can figure it out approximately.

Amazon Italy prices the base game 52€ and the deluxe 91€. So It Is better buy things standalone. However i Will buy Just the rally locations.

Deluxe content pack is 26,99 EUR on PS Store, so you can figure it out approximately.

Hmm let me calculate that:

- € 89,99 for the Deluxe version
- € 49,99 for the standard version
- € 76,99 for the standard version with the deluxe add-on

What is wrong in this picture? Indeed! The Deluxe-version is a rip-off.

Hmm let me calculate that:

- € 49,99 for the standard version
- € 76,99 for the standard version with the deluxe add-on

What is wrong in this picture? Indeed! The Deluxe-version is a rip-off.
The problem is Amazon uses weird prices, in the official digital stores the price difference is € 20. So it's not a rip-off.
On steam :
- € 74,99 for the Deluxe version
- € 54,99 for the standard version
Microsoft store/xbox live :
- € 69,99 for the standard version

First trailer is up:

Those prices are not necessarily the cheapest way of getting DLC, the Deluxe upgrade is £21 but that comes with upgraded cars, events, etc along with season 1 and 2. That makes it seem like the individual season passes should be around £10 each, probably a little less for just cars/tracks.

The C4 is running the Petter Solberg 2010 livery. That was when he ran a year-old C4 and was actually pretty competitive against the 2 Sebs.
AD919AD9-4DD8-4007-B2F8-1E809D853AB9.jpeg

First trailer is up:

Those prices are not necessarily the cheapest way of getting DLC, the Deluxe upgrade is £21 but that comes with upgraded cars, events, etc along with season 1 and 2. That makes it seem like the individual season passes should be around £10 each, probably a little less for just cars/tracks.

Monte should be in every rally game. Dirt rally version Is the most beatiful so far. Off course i will buy the DLC, Just the rally. Really can't wait to have all dirt1 rallies back for a full 12 rallies custom champ.

So...something interesting to note: On the website for this Season 1 DLC, it mentions that the Subaru Impreza is new to the series and I'm not entirely sure which one that would be, but it MIGHT be Richard Burn's 1999 WRC Rally Car. Which...I'm not entire sure what class that would be as that's the class in between the Group A and Up to 2000cc classes. I think it's called the GC class.

So...something interesting to note: On the website for this Season 1 DLC, it mentions that the Subaru Impreza is new to the series and I'm not entirely sure which one that would be, but it MIGHT be Richard Burn's 1999 WRC Rally Car. Which...I'm not entire sure what class that would be as that's the class in between the Group A and Up to 2000cc classes. I think it's called the GC class.

It's the 2008 S14

Back