Codemasters Reveals Post-Launch Plans for DiRT Rally 2.0

They've literally just posted exactly what is in the season pass and the dates it will arrive.

I'm talking about the industry as a whole.

No word on season 2 yet which is parts of the season pass too I believe, i prefer to buy dlc's after their announced individually, for example this DLC I would only purchase if it was on sale.

No word on season 2 yet which is parts of the season pass too I believe, i prefer to buy dlc's after their announced individually, for example this DLC I would only purchase if it was on sale.

Season 2 is expected to be mainly RX content which should reassure people that it will all be new to the series in terms of circuits.

Ha, fair point - depends on the definition of season pass. I'm with you on that - hence I'll get the base game and the first season pass then wait to see what's in the second. They've been very consumer friendly with allowing individual parts of the pass to be bought separately, so I can pick and choose the rally content from the second pass.

Ha, fair point - depends on the definition of season pass. I'm with you on that - hence I'll get the base game and the first season pass then wait to see what's in the second. They've been very consumer friendly with allowing individual parts of the pass to be bought separately, so I can pick and choose the rally content from the second pass.

Certainly a good approach instead of taking the COD approach of either get the season pass or nothing:/

Some would prefer new stages but you cant please everyone especially with racing titles as everyone has their own favourite locations and cars.

Certainly a good approach instead of taking the COD approach of either get the season pass or nothing:/

Some would prefer new stages but you cant please everyone especially with racing titles as everyone has their own favourite locations and cars.

I was just thinking "I wonder how many times Ive bought the same later scan of the Nurburgring"!

As I said in the other thread, I think they've tried to be consumer friendly in giving everyone the new content and making the upgrades optional. I think they've not considered how it could be perceived though.

I believe I have asked this question before but can't find it anymore. Probably a stupid question but:

• Is the DLC = Season 1 & 2?
If so, knowing the content of Season 1, I'm not that interested in pre-ordering the Delux Version or buy the Delux Version after initial release. It is, as I have said before, RX content that I'm interested in.

:D

I believe I have asked this question before but can't find it anymore. Probably a stupid question but:

• Is the DLC = Season 1 & 2?
If so, knowing the content of Season 1, I'm not that interested in pre-ordering the Delux Version or buy the Delux Version after initial release. It is, as I have said before, RX content that I'm interested in.

:D

Deluxe version is Season 1 and Season 2.

What's revealed so far is only Season 1.

You might want to just buy Season 2 for RX content.

Deluxe version is Season 1 and Season 2.

What's revealed so far is only Season 1.

You might want to just buy Season 2 for RX content.
Yep, but what I want to know, and this is probably a stupid question:

Is the DLC = Season 1 & 2

Yep, but what I want to know, and this is probably a stupid question:

Is the DLC = Season 1 & 2

Which DLC?

There will be at least 2 'seasons' of DLC content. Each 'season' is just a collection of DLC cars/stages/tracks.

We know the content of the first 'season' of DLC, but not the second one yet.

Does that help?

Drat, I'm a sucker for car pass preorders. Deluxe Edition preordered even though my backlog is ferocious and I probably could have waited a few months and bought it all for less.

P.S. The idea of reusing older content is something which Codies did before in GRiD. I found it acceptable then because you get more tracks for a newer and better game engine. Sure, some of those stages will be very familiar from DR1 but they will still offer value.

The only risk is that the DLC tracks aren't going to be part of the campaign. I hope Codies don't make them "free play mode only" or anything, that would be really annoying.

Drat, I'm a sucker for car pass preorders. Deluxe Edition preordered even though my backlog is ferocious and I probably could have waited a few months and bought it all for less.

P.S. The idea of reusing older content is something which Codies did before in GRiD. I found it acceptable then because you get more tracks for a newer and better game engine. Sure, some of those stages will be very familiar from DR1 but they will still offer value.

The only risk is that the DLC tracks aren't going to be part of the campaign. I hope Codies don't make them "free play mode only" or anything, that would be really annoying.

Pretty much this. I pre-ordered the Deluxe Edition expecting some content from earlier games, which I'm okay with since it features reworked (and hopefully improved) physics, a new interface and far more polished graphics. What makes it more bearable in my case is that I sold DiRT Rally around the time I got DiRT 4, so I haven't driven those tracks any time recently.

I remember DiRT 3 had DLC environments (Tokyo was a reused track from DiRT 2) which was part of the career mode, so hopefully there is a similar solution in DR2.0.

Look, I understand wanting more content for your money, but the developers have to get paid for their work,

Is buying the game not good enough? :confused: As evident from the photos, it's not like a whole lot of R&D went into it. They look a bit prettier but... it's still the same stage. So, I think my remark of it being a very blatant money grab stands.

Damn.... so a $60 game with more then one season pass? Thats greedy as hell.

The Deluxe Edition benefits are worded in a weird way - The Season Pass (only one available as of writing) covers the first two "Seasons" of Downloadable Content, which are released content packs released over a certain period of time.

The contents or release schedule for Season 2 has not been announced yet, but when it does, it will be covered by the Season Pass.

I am okay with the re-released rally stages from DR1 in the Season 1 pack (being a Nintendo fan, and also Resident Evil, I pay for the same game/ content over and over :lol:), but I was also hoping to see Wales if anything.

But I can definitely understand other's frustrations having the content from the first game as paid add ons rather than included from the start. New rallies would have been great, too.

No 206 WRC, No Celica GT-Four WRC, No Saxo Kit Car, No Xsara Kit Car, No Megane Coupe Kit Car, No Clio Kit Car, No 911SC.

Definetly not interesting for me the DIRT 2 car list and DLC. without some of this iconic cars.

Last edited:
The Deluxe Edition benefits are worded in a weird way - The Season Pass (only one available as of writing) covers the first two "Seasons" of Downloadable Content, which are released content packs released over a certain period of time.

The contents or release schedule for Season 2 has not been announced yet, but when it does, it will be covered by the Season Pass.

Yeah, it's a bit confusing. Seems that a 'season' is 3 months of content releases in Codemasters terminology. We're referring to the 'Deluxe edition' as a 'season pass', which covers 2x DLC 'seasons'.

Damn.... so a $60 game with more then one season pass? Thats greedy as hell.

How is that any different to them calling it one season pass? All they're saying is "after launch, we'll continue to add additional content to it for the next 6 months for anyone interested. If you want to buy it all up front, here's a discount for it. By the way, we split it into halves in case you just want a discount on all the bits we've announced already."

I can’t believe monte and germany are going to be paid dlc with no new stages. If they going to be included they should have been on the base game. Yes they may have a few extra pixels/better lighting but having to pay for the same stages is crazy.
I’m glad the 2007 focus and c4 are returning as 2000’s was my favourite class in dr1, but again, having to pay extra for the same content is a joke, objectively.
Once the 2000’s cars have been re-added i will buy it though. Just annoying i’ve got to pay the game, plus the dlc just to get the cars i liked from the first game.

Dr1 was awesome though, that game got criticised for lacking in content but i thought it was pretty good, relatively speaking, given that it came out on pc in 2015, it has better content than it’s 2019 counterpart.

It's absolutely disgusting to announce dlcs before the game has been released.

More proof of the irony of usernames.

No it isn’t. During DiRT Rally’s lifespan plenty of people wanted support for the game beyond the original version. We’ve seen what good long term support, backed by new and fresh content, has done for other games like Assetto Corsa and across other genres.

Many people, myself included, felt let down by Dirt 4, not least because it was also abandoned after launch and not developed further.

Codemasters have listened to people about using this model. A good base game that is supported and improved over time. They’ve said up front this time that they will do this for a minimum of six months and let us know what content will he made available in those first three months.

After the last two, I likely wouldn’t be buying the game if they had not taken this approach.

It's absolutely disgusting to announce dlcs before the game has been released.

Season pass contents announced after release: "How dare they not tell us what we paid for? As a consumer, I am entitled to know what I paid for."

Season pass contents announced before release: "How dare they not put this in the base game? As a consumer, I am entitled to all content loaded on the disc from day one."

Game developers literally can't win.

Your hopes will come true as that's exactly what it will be. :D
Hold on a sec. 2008 Imprezas were all hatches, I believe, and isn’t the R4 WRX STI already in the game also a hatch (as it was in DR1) or is the R4 the sedan version like in Dirt 4? Doesn’t matter so much either way, just curious.

Hold on a sec. 2008 Imprezas were all hatches, I believe, and isn’t the R4 WRX STI already in the game also a hatch (as it was in DR1) or is the R4 the sedan version like in Dirt 4? Doesn’t matter so much either way, just curious.

So it will match D4 class in that the R4 one will be the WRX STI sedan.

Back