coincidence?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ving
  • 42 comments
  • 1,005 views
Messages
5,716
I race a amateur series (cant remember which one) 5 times trying to get a particular car (doing the save trick that is)....

on the fith time I got sick of it all so i waited till the symbol was under the car i wanted and pressed X... and recieved the car i wanted.

spooky??? :odd:
 
nah just luck i reckon ;)
 
i think so too....
but u never know whos watching :odd:
 
not a conspriacy theorist are you?:D
 
no I am not.....

why? who wants to know??? :odd:
 
If the circle is under a car and you press X it chooses it for you if you're doing an endurance but I'm sure you knew that :D
 
Microsoft, that's who.
 
Actually I think its a mix of elements.

Thing is, I think you have to hit the x during the right cycle of the black circles rotation.

I think that if you hit the x when the circle goes under said car first time around, your not gonna get that car.

But if you hit it during one of the middle cycles, you will get it.

And once again if you wait till the last cycle, it will not give you the car you hit it on.

I dont know for sure, but I dont think anyone can really be sure of this.
 
the X button, or any other button, or telepathic message, or tooth fairy or whatever has any affect whatsoever on the prize car you're awarded. it's random. random, i say!
 
I've tried the x button methods several times... It's worked pretty good. About 75% success rate. not too bad... That's how I got my F686/M after that 78 lap Endurance..... rice reward.:)
 
no it isnt. Its on the second to last cycle. Thats how I have been getting the cars I want :D (havent missed one yet)...
 
If it doesn't have a 100% success rate then it doesn't work. So, has it worked every single time you've done it?
 
for the times that I actually "hit" the mark. The chance of getting the car is 100% so far... When I said 75%, it mean that my reflex is not quick enough to press the "x" button.... :p
 
strange... :odd:

seems we are on to sumfin...

gonna try it again...

expect a report
 
So when you hit the X it stops the rotation and awards you the car right then? Or do the cars continue to go 'round like always?
 
Wash your car 127 times before the seires, then push X under the car,.. you'll get the one you want every time :lol:
 
Or if you pray real hard to the mighty pink vitz, you might get............

Oh hold on! :odd:

Nope it's totally random, although I heard that it is based on your laptimes.

Ving is a bit paronoid.
 
If it continues to rotate after you pressed the X then I'd have to say this is a load of crap.

If pressing the X actually had some immediately perceivable effect, then you might be on to something.
 
no one is onto anything,... plus, if it was related to lap times, then the save/re-load trick wouldnt work...
 
Maybe the laptimes take into account the amount of randomness?

Uh. :irked:
 
Yeah... "random" is a nice concept that nobody can describe. Everything is determined by something. When we can't tell what we call it "random."

But I guess it's a useful word.
 
In the case of GT3, 'random' is a valid word as applied to computers and how they operate.

When you win a race, the computer uses the elapsed time of that race to 'seed' a random number. This means that your ET is put into some bizarre and complex formula determnined by the programmers, and is reduced to a particular raw number rather than a time format. The full range of possible results is divided into parts based on the available prize cars, and these are each assigned a portion of that range. I do not know if the portions are equal or not, but I suspect they are. When your ET is crunched and the machine comes up with the number, you are awarded the prize car corresponding to that particular range.

That's it. Really. Can we move on now?
 
Originally posted by neon_duke


When you win a race, the computer uses the elapsed time of that race to 'seed' a random number. This means that your ET is put into some bizarre and complex formula determnined by the programmers, and is reduced to a particular raw number rather than a time format. The full range of possible results is divided into parts based on the available prize cars, and these are each assigned a portion of that range. I do not know if the portions are equal or not, but I suspect they are. When your ET is crunched and the machine comes up with the number, you are awarded the prize car corresponding to that particular range.

See? It's not really randon if it can be deduced to any degree.
 
the prize car is random.
your ET is what randomizes it.
 
Let me be more specific - the ET of your last race is what seeds the random number.

This is supported by my observations; in my experience, you need to vary the time spent in the last race by at least a few seconds, if not longer, in order to change the prize selection. In some cases it even seems that you have to vary your ET significantly to change which car you are awarded.
 
Back