coincidence?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ving
  • 42 comments
  • 1,005 views
Well one of the programmers said that about the trick in GT3 on EP. It doesnt stop automatically, it does on the next rotation. This is the reason why I hate discussing this topic, it leads to all this fighting...
 
btw... tested and its random... totally... no lap times or "ET" or anything involved...
 
Originally posted by milefile
Does ET mean elapsed time?
Yes. The total time of your last race in the series is used as the seed. So if you don't get the car you want, you need to vary the length of time you wait before exiting the race. If you keep doing the save-and-reload trick you need to make sure you wait a different amount of time when you retry. I have no idea how tight the ranges are, but I've noticed I have to vary my ET by 10 seconds (or more sometimes) in order to force it to choose a different car.
 
I have done the reload trick many times but I always pressed 'X' right when it showed the results and got different cars...
 
But did your race time vary any?
 
Originally posted by neon_duke
Yes. The total time of your last race in the series is used as the seed. So if you don't get the car you want, you need to vary the length of time you wait before exiting the race. If you keep doing the save-and-reload trick you need to make sure you wait a different amount of time when you retry. I have no idea how tight the ranges are, but I've noticed I have to vary my ET by 10 seconds (or more sometimes) in order to force it to choose a different car.

I thought I had observed this ie the last time I did this I wanted the prize subaru from the pro all star series. I tried about 10 times and kept getting either the R390 or GT One. I got the viper once. I decided to try something different so I raced about 1/4 lap and won the subaru.

But I have also got different prize cars from the same saved game when the elapsed time has been less than a second ie the last race didn't even start. I have got the combo of buttons down pat ie they are all pressed within about a second and I have got at least 3 of the 4 cars.

My vote is that it is random.
 
sorry neon... but after doing the saved game trick and not haveing any variance in the time at the end of it all i still get different cars most of the time...
 
Back