Collecting Cars

• Thread starter TheNormsk
  • 44 comments

TheNormsk

Premium
United States
Wisconsin
BritGuyInUSA
What's your strategy when it comes to collecting all the cars?

I'm currently at 172 cars bought, not sure the exact total with cars won but I'm at 52%. Currently spent Cr.124m on them so obviously I have a lot of increasingly expensive cars to go...

Screenshot 2023-04-11 at 4.26.12 PM.png

I've started to focus on getting all the legendary cars when they pop up and also on the used car lot, but when there is nothing new there what to go for next in Brand central?

Is it better to focus on some cars over others? For instance I'm now focusing on Gr.3 cars and then perhaps Gr.4. After that :confused:

So, what's your strategy? Cheapest first? Most rare first? get all of one brand and move on...? Let me know.

Screenshot_20230411_145907_Chrome.jpg

At first it was all about what I needed for the Cafe. Now it's more what I want. I do push to get the DLC cars given they often end up on some Cafe menu. There's also car that MNR is using. Lastly the full sets of "X" car. (GT4 or ect)

I mostly won cars and only spent credits on legend cars. When those started to dry up, I bought out the used car dealership every time it cycled around. Then I bought all the Gr.2 cars as I already had most of them. Then I bought all the Gr.B cars. Bought any new legend cars as they popped up, with the exception of the 18-20M credit ones. After that I bought out all the Gr.4 cars and now I'm working on all the Gr.3 cars. I have about half of those right now. After that I'll probably focus on VGT cars or Gr.1 cars. Either way I'll have just about all the cars in the game. Once I have those, I'll pick up any remaining cars in Brand Central. I currently have something like 350-360 cars in my garage. No repeats. Plan is to buy everything but the stupid expensive Legend cars and then I'll reassess if it's worth the time/effort to grind 120M credits for those.

Last edited:
I don't have a strategy I just buy whatever car I want I already bought 1 of each from BC and UCD and most in the LCD.

Credits is not a problem for me since I can easily grind 100M in a week.

My 20 P1 GTRs
My 5 F1s
My 6 F1 GTRs
My 5 F1 long tail are my most expensive buys so far.

Overall If I really like a car I will buy as many as possible of that car.
dcsdcsd.png

Last edited:
Preface to say I don’t want all the cars.

But my collection strategy in the beginning were cars I wanted regardless of price unless they were over a few million credits.

At this point I basically have most all the cars I want except the really high priced LCD cars. Don’t want every Group race car or all the VGTs.

Now I’m waiting for dealership invites and DLC, or enough credits to get most of the cars costing up to and including the 911 Strassenversion. No rush on other LCD cars higher than 10 mil.

16D5C77F-3394-4881-BFFD-B931014A45DB.jpeg

Once you are in a position to grind the top dollar races it gets a lot easier. When I had a bunch of credits saved up I started by buying one of everything in the used lot. When they refreshed, I'd buy all of the ones I don't have yet. Do that a handful of times and you'll never need to look at the used lot again (though I occasionally will buy duplicates in there). I bought the legend cars as I could afford them when the ones I wanted most showed up. I just try to never get below $10M credits, that way if a $20M car showed up, I wouldn't have to grind as much to purchase before they were gone again. In terms of new car dealership purchases - I bought all of the Italian exotics first, then just started buying things as I needed them for races, or just to try them out. I haven't spent much on the VGT's, as they just don't interest me that much. One thing I would recommend is working on the Circuit Experiences, gold's are worth $1M on most tracks, so these are great ways to make money, and really learn the intricacies of the tracks.

1681255146848.png

Primarily focused on used and the odd favorite legendary. Everything else was won or purchased to satisfy an extra menu book. Currently focusing on dupes for available engine swaps.

Just buy them as I want them, did this all through GTS and was only ~10 cars shy of them all (pretty much all high rollers).

I got all the invites at the same time last year so when the tomahawk glitch was available for a few months I got all the invite cars first and then bought all the used cars...After that I focused just on the legend cars... I didnt mind that there was gaps on new cars releasing and some I had and some I didnt... it gave me more time to save my money to buy the cars I didnt have...and after I got all the legend cars I then bought all the brand central cars last...

Capture.PNG

Had the luxury of Tomahawk glitch from the first few months, getting all the invites from PD when they butchered an update. Bought all the expensive cars from Legends, the moved on to Used Cars and finally the Brand Central last since the cars in BC aren't going nowhere.

With four cars left (all 20m) I did it like this. Always bought the LCD cars I could afford starting low to high. Bought all UCD and invite cars as quick as possible. I then started working through Brand Central lowest to highest. I would always try buy cars I wanted when I wanted if I could.

It wasn’t too long after I finished the menus I decided to get every car and learned about the grind races and decided I would buy every rotating car first, but there were many times I bought cars from Brand Central because I wanted more variety to the grind races or wanted to keep a little mileage off the more expensive legendary cars but I eventually solved that issue by deciding to get duplicates of those expensive grind cars since I usually had the money. I also started buying out cars by the brand whenever my credits were about to hit the 100 million limit when I was waiting for the 20 million credit legendary cars to appear. I managed to buy every used and legendary car in just over one complete rotation. Lots of grinding was involved and I’m still working on Brand Central. I prioritized the cars that aren’t game exclusive like the Gr. 4 and VGT cars, but I’m going country by country now starting with Japan which is proving to take awhile but I’m in the home stretch since I have every Japanese car (and Mclaren Dodge Lamborghini) that isn’t game-exclusive and every single Toyota Nissan Honda Mazda Subaru Re Amemiya Super Formula Amuse (and Ford Chevy and Ferrari) right now. I currently have 336 cars collected and 378 in my garage. I have never sold a car, I’ve spent 522 million credits on cars so far.

Just buy them as I want them..
Exactly.. no need to clutter the garage with **** i'll never drive.. smh.. I prefer the quality over quantity approach personally.. Last I looked (not that it matters) I had/have 66 cars.. but ohhhhh those cars.. i'm pretty satisfied to say the least.. hording is definitely not my style.

NW.

Last edited by a moderator:
No a big fan of grinding, I did some Tokyo with the glitched Tomahawk last year, then with the glitched AMG GT Black Series.

Since that last car is not glitched anymore, I've switched to Sardegna with the new Audi RS5 DTM, which I've used solely on that race and its odometer is now nearly at 2000km.

By order of priority I buy :
  • the cars I like, if not too expensive (<5M)
  • the invite cars
  • the three legendary cars for the trophy
  • the cars needed for extra café menus
  • the car needed for the current TT in sport mode
  • the UCD cars
  • brand central cars beginning by Porsche, Ferrari, Alpine, Renault...

Total Credits Acquired : Cr. 87,327,885

I've stopped playing between beginning of june 22 and end of feb 23.

• start by collecting the 100 or so gift cars in the game by doing menus, licenses, missions and circuit experience
  • this will also earn you your first 100 million credits, especially the CE
  • do mild grind only: keep variety in your races to keep things interesting. Play 1 or 2 of the big 4 races per session, this will easily earn you 1 million per hour. Use different cars to keep things interesting and learn different cars
  • buy the invitation only cars when you have the chance
  • buy all pre-2001 cars in the used car dealership when they rotate in. You may want to skip ugly colours and wait for nice examples
  • buy the moderate value legendary cars (up to 4 million credits) when they rotate in.
  • try to build up a reserve of at least 5 million credits to buy invitation cars or legendary cars when you have the chance
  • buy only the regular dealership cars you really like at the beginning. They are always available, so need not be prioritised
  • tune and customise your cars only moderately as needed at first

By getting all the free stuff and earning your first 100 million, you can get 70% of all cars, and most of what you like. After that continue the moderate grind to get the rest.
This way you will have 70% of cars after 100 hours of racing.
Always keep in mind you want to have fun, not the quickest possible grind.

VGTs last...
Safety cars last :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • start by collecting the 100 or so gift cars in the game by doing menus, licenses, missions and circuit experience
  • this will also earn you your first 100 million credits, especially the CE
IF you are able to gold all missions, licenses and CE. Otherwise you'll get less cars and Cr. but that's the optimal way to go, get all the freebies first, then pay if needed.

First - any car that I need to win a particular race or menu.

Then I went through a spell of buying every used car.

A big milestone was when I had earned enough for the NSX GT500 plus Praiano tune to 800. That unlocks the Sardegna 800 race which gives a pretty easy 720k per race or 1.4 million for two races. This meant that with one or two races I could pretty much pick up the majority of cars that you really need (as opposed to really want).

I got into a loop of a daily Sardegna followed by a spending spree of anything under 720k and then individual races in my new cars. It was like Christmas every day.

Along the way picked up nearly all the invites. Just waiting for the Pagani now.

Anything I fancied saving up for. This Brit just has to have a DB5.

I'm not bothered with the safety cars. The VGTs are a bit so-so. I haven't yet found the love for the gr3 and gr4 cars. That might come in time.

Not sure if I will bother with the 10m+ cars. Maybe, maybe not.

I started the game building my car collection by running through all the cafe menu books and completing licences and the missions. I have yet to finish the Human Comedy missions (simply due to the time investments) but there's a good portion of the cars collected through that alone.

From there I worked my way through the circuit experiences to build credits and bought the cars I thought would be good for grinding the main grind races.

After a while I started working my way through the car list by using a brand to buy a brand - eg. drive only Alfa Romeos in as many races as was needed to build enough credits to buy all the Alfa Romeo cars, and so on. Excluding the legend cars and some of VGT cars, I'm now up to Nissan...

Then I went on a "buy all the LCD cars before they crank the prices again" mission. So grinding Sardegna to build credits and buy the cars in LCD I don't have. In saying that, I've not got any of the 20 mil cars, nor the 12 mil Jag...

I managed to win a couple of the invites (Ferrari, Lamborghini and Aston Martin) so recently have been driving my Ferraris, Lambos and Astons to build the credits needed to buy all those invitational cars.

The next plan is to go back to the "drive a brand to buy a brand" method and work my way through the rest of the manufacturers, and then buy the big ticket cars when time allows!

For me, on this order:

1) cars needed for menu completion
2) cars I could use for grind (first was the Tomahawk, then the AM DP-100)
3) legendary cars that I like or will be needed in the game
4) invites, for those cars I couldn't grind enough credits when they opened up invites, a year ago
5) cars I like in general
6) used car lot cars in general, most of them are pretty cheap and It's fun to do the lower PP races with them

Of, course, all this "categories" interconnect between them, specially the first three (the Extra Menu 7 requires you to acquire all three GT500 '16 class, which are great to grind at 800pp, as the legendary old group C cars are great to grind, but also the best way to go through the Menu 43 - Neoclassical Challenge)

Just a casual player, not a "pro" grinder, probably doing 1-2 grind races/day, not playing every day even. So, don't have yet any of those ~20 mil cars, like Ferrari 250 GTO, ´37 Alfa Romeo 8C, the Porsche 917, The McLaren F1 road car or the Shelby Cobra, but spent a lot of money on the Gr. 2 McLaren F1-GTR GT1 and Mercedes CLK LM or the Ford MK IV, because I felt they were more usable cars in the game, not a matter of preference for the models.

But is up to you, you prefer the Gr. 3/ Gr. 4 cars, on my view not that important in the game, there are only 2 Gr. 4 races and 4 Gr. 3 races in the game, mostly are needed for Sport races, where you can't even use your own setup and you can rent any of the bunch.

Mainly I focused on getting cars from the UCD/LCD since you can buy whatever you want in Brand Central whenever you want. At some point I did a shopping spree in the NCD and got everything I wanted. Somehow I eventually got the money to buy the last two 20 million credit cars. Still have about 25 million for DLC cars. Then after that I'll just start mass spending on tuning etc

I dont really collect all the cars. I just buy what I like. I check UCD and LCD every day just to see what is available.

I focused on Legends cars and UCD cars like most others. Once I got at least one of each car, I started to buy 2 of the cars I drive fairly often, mostly Gr.1 and 2 cars. I always make sure I keep enough credits to buy the next wave of update cars, so once I have access credits, I buy McLaren F1's. I currently have 19.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230412-091303.png
    Screenshot_20230412-091303.png
    57.8 KB · Views: 8
Initially, I won most of the cars that I needed. But I remember buying a tomahawk as my first expensive car.
Then I focused on how difficult they were to buy based on availability.
So invites first,
Then used cars
Then legendary (the ones I could afford)
Finally brand central.

Now I just mix between the remaining expensive legendary ones and brand ones when I feel like it.

I have lots of duplicates with different liveries for the custom races though, otherwise I would be a lot closer to completing the collection.

I don't have a strategy for that. I only buy the cars I want or the cars I need for the menus. I don't care about trophies or the numbers.

I've sold amost every VGT I've gotten save the Bugatti that I had to buy for the menu.

If I get a free car on the roulette wheel I'll usually keep it, except the VGT's I've gotten.

Last edited:
If you want to collect every car then purcase first the Invitescars (when you got an invite), then the Hagerty cars and then the used cars and at last collect the new cars.
I got every Car twice and the Invitescars took the longest since you have to wait longer for some invites then for some Hagerty cars
coming back

Last edited:
Back