Collecting Cars

• Thread starter TheNormsk
  • 44 comments
My strategy at first was to buy the most versatile cars that I could use to win the most races with, without having to worry about buying others only good to win maybe 1 or 2 certain races with. Then focused on the ones that I could use to grind LeMans and Sardegna. Owning the Tomahawk when you could grind Tokyo was a huge help, but irrelevant today. The key was to own a variety of cars so that it wasn’t as dreadful and boring to grind the big 3. I also picked up all the Invitation Only cars as soon as I got the invites to do so. A lot of people get stuck here because the invitations can be cruel.
From there I purchased the LCD and UCD cars as they came up. Then I picked off the remainder of the BC cars in order of country and manufacturer from left to right (country) and top to bottom (manufacturer), though generally saving the VGT cars for last as I don’t really care for 90% of them.
As for the Update cars I always purchase them on the day of the update release so as not to miss out on cars like the Escudo and Roadster like many others did until last week.
Once I initially accumulated 10M credits I rarely ever went below that, usually staying closer to 15-20M.

I doubt there is one... one guy the other was saying he has 3000 cars...
I’m at: Cars Bought 3073(if I had to guess, I’d say all three versions of the AE86, count for about 500+ of that 3000 count, seriously).

I only have, at the most, 25-30 cars in my garage. I can’t recall how Many I had at one time. Still haven’t strived to collect all cars in the game(at 82%). I just buy the cars I want and know I’ll use.
If I could actually hide my cars, like we could do in GT5 or GT6, I’d do that, as opposed to selling them. The Favourite option, though I’m glad it’s an option, is not enough for me to clean up my garage. That’s how I’ve always played. I want all the cars, but since I can’t obviously, drive them at the same time, it’s too much clutter for me. Jay Leno is not my inspiration. :lol:

I don't have a strategy I just buy whatever car I want I already bought 1 of each from BC and UCD and most in the LCD.

Credits is not a problem for me since I can easily grind 100M in a week.

My 20 P1 GTRs
My 5 F1s
My 6 F1 GTRs
My 5 F1 long tail are my most expensive buys so far.

Overall If I really like a car I will buy as many as possible of that car.
View attachment 1247087
How do you grind 100m in a week!?

I can do 5-6 million on a work night and probably around 11 million on a day off and I only work 4 days a week since I’m disabled so I have a bit more free time than most people. Still only 50 million a week and that’s if I don’t play other games (mostly FH5). I also never do the same car and same race twice in a row and I take breaks and often watch parts of replays but if I did just the same race back to back with the same fast car I might be able to get closer to 100 million but I would probably get tired of it and ultimately earn less so 50 million is my maximum and I have one of every legendary car already so stockpiling credits isn’t necessary for me for the time being.

I only purchase invitation cars and cars that interest me for custom races.

The ones I own the most of:

9x Diablo GTs "Various states of tune + a few racing versions"
4x CLK-LMs "Self explanatory :cool: "
3x F1 GTR LTs though I am debating if I should purchase a 4th one
4x F40s
4x JGTC R34s
4x JGTC Supras
5x of each of the 993 Porsches, half in GT2 Evo spec and the other half are stock with one of them, I forgot which but whichever one has the stripped interior in GT2 roadcar spec.
6x Viper GTSs, a few in GTS/R spec from 1996 GT1, 1998 GT2 Roadcar all the way to the famous 2000 GTS/R.
3x Ferrari Enzos, one in FXX spec and the other 2 are stock red/yellow.
7x Corvette C4s in various classes, GT1, GT2, Callaway .etc
6x Nissan 300ZX Z32s TTs as that is my real car and I them in various states of tune aswell.

Ones I will purchase more of:
One more F1 GTR 1995 as I only own 2 at the moment, I sold my 3rd one to purchase the 917 which I instantly regretted due to the awful handling and have since sold it.
Another F40 but painted black as my only stock one is the default red and black is a nice color on the F40 especially with the red seats it will pop.

I play alot. :)
Perhaps you mean ......am doing nothing else than just play .
100 millions a week are 120 races at 825 k ,that makes us about 17-18 races a day .
Considering that are about 30 minutes each with changing car, track, settings, testing new cars , new menus etc is about 9 hours a day.
Also during this procedure someone had to take a pie ( at least ) grab something to eat, to drink , check his messages ,post in his account or accounts , pick up his damn phone etc and even if all that are in a " fury" we reach 10 minimum to 12 hours a day ( and am generous) .

So what's left ? I guess not much , unless where you live have more than 24 hours a day .

Perhaps you mean ......am doing nothing else than just play .
100 millions a week are 120 races at 825 k ,that makes us about 17-18 races a day .
Considering that are about 30 minutes each with changing car, track, settings, testing new cars , new menus etc is about 9 hours a day.
Also during this procedure someone had to take a pie ( at least ) grab something to eat, to drink , check his messages ,post in his account or accounts , pick up his damn phone etc and even if all that are in a " fury" we reach 10 minimum to 12 hours a day ( and am generous) .

So what's left ? I guess not much , unless where you live have more than 24 hours a day .
I don't do any of that I use the same car for my grind.

I been grinding Tokyo in the last week or so with only the DP-100 I don't get bored of just using one car.

Menus books I completed those and only have a few extra left in which I may finish if I feel like it.

And Tokyo takes me around 25:10 to complete so I can do 2 in less then a hour.

Now that I think about it I haven't been to Le man 30 minute race in almost 2 weeks now. I fine that race boring and I hate the weather there.

I bought up most of the UCD and right now I am working the under 10mil Legends. I have a few cars from Brand Central but most them are DLC or cars I have won. I tend to not buy stuff from Brand Central since they are always there. Not really pressed about the 20 million cars since only really want the 917 and the Daytona coupe

I don't do any of that I use the same car for my grind.

I been grinding Tokyo in the last week or so with only the DP-100 I don't get bored of just using one car.

Menus books I completed those and only have a few extra left in which I may finish if I feel like it.

And Tokyo takes me around 25:10 to complete so I can do 2 in less then a hour.

Now that I think about it I haven't been to Le man 30 minute race in almost 2 weeks now. I fine that race boring and I hate the weather there.
You don't need to convince me mate , 100 millions a week,is more than 9 hours a day of playing, 3-4 minutes more or less each griding race doesn't affect the outcome overall.

Its very different and way far for a ordinary ( if they still exist) people that try to " stole" couple of hours to entertain his self by playing,than someone that steal time from playing to have an " ordinary" life somehow.

And i do grid, mostly to buy cars since am a month and few days owner of ps5 and gt7 and am almost 10 days of from last Saturday due to easter , but never race more than 5, top 6 races all day .
Just need to catch up what legendary dealer brings ,plus new ones after updates cause from next week my time will be limited.

There's nothing " wrong" in both cases as everyone can do what he pleased him , or more appropriate, what he can .

What's your strategy when it comes to collecting all the cars?
favorite cars > lcd cars -> ucd cars -> brand central cars
inside each category I start with the "best" group (example: gr1 cars, then gr2, gr3, gr4, gr b, others)

Currently I have all lcd and ucd cars and miss about 10 cars from brand central.

About two weeks before the expected updates I stop spending credits and start grinding to have at least 10mio in case some new legendary cars are added and I don't have to grind (a lot).

Is it better to focus on some cars over others? For instance I'm now focusing on Gr.3 cars and then perhaps Gr.4. After that :confused:

I have over 400 cars. If you want to collect cars, you need cash. Hands down the two best cars for making cash are the Mazda 787B and the Suzuki Escudo Pikes Peak.

You can take them to Sardegna or Tokyo and win those races in about 23 minutes. Tokyo payout is 825k, Sardegna is 725k, but it’s harder to lose the clean race bonus on Sard.

Last edited:
With some serious grinding I got up to 85% of cars collected.

1682350525217.png

Considering it takes, what cr.500m to get all cars those last 15% must be massively expensive....

So far I am able to buy all UCD and LCD as they pop up and I am working my way through all the 7 figure cars in the new car dealer... I think my "cheap" car buying days are approaching an end and it's going to get increasingly slow to work my way up to a 100%.

With some serious grinding I got up to 85% of cars collected.

View attachment 1250403

Considering it takes, what cr.500m to get all cars those last 15% must be massively expensive....

So far I am able to buy all UCD and LCD as they pop up and I am working my way through all the 7 figure cars in the new car dealer... I think my "cheap" car buying days are approaching an end and it's going to get increasingly slow to work my way up to a 100%.
5 cars in the game are 20M credits each. A couple are 15-18M credits, so those 7 cars alone are ~135M credits. I don't own any of them, and I doubt they are worth the money so I am saving them for last. I currently have ~360ish cars. No repeats. I have 2 Gr.1 cars left to buy (3M Porsche and Toyota), I have all the GR.2's, all the Gr.3's (except for the '95 McLaren (11.4M)), all the Gr.4's, all the Gr.B's, and I will be working towards buying all the VGT's cars once I have finished the Gr.1's. Yeah, its a bit of a grind, but I have a new found love for Tokyo and trying to beat it with cars that not many people use for the race. Trying to win in the van or the Toyota Tundra is a real challenge. Trying to take cars that are basically stock and trying to win proves to be a fun challenge. Then again, taking some really lightweight and underpowered cars and running them ragged around the track with power slides and hair raising passes can be a blast. Since v1.31 Tokyo has pretty much been the only track I have ran in the game.

Back