College Basketball 2009-2010

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 75 comments
I'm glad to see Dayton playing NC in the NIT game right now, but I have a feeling UD is going to get out of shape here in the second half. They already lost a big lead, but they're still leading slightly. Go UD!

EDIT: Aaaaaand, won. See you guys in the NCAA next year.

Last edited:
If they expand to 96 teams that won't exactly be an achievement.
That's a fair point, and since they want to get rid of the NIT we'll be able to compare teams a bit easier by how they win or drop out. For instance, despite getting the NIT, Dayton probably wouldn't have made it through half this year's NCAA. If they change it we'll be able to see exactly where they land in the scheme of things.

If they change it we'll be able to see exactly where they land in the scheme of things.
Only if they sell rights to a second TV network. Oh, and if I care to tune in anymore.

Seriously, why don't we just let everyone in and be done with it.

I did a blog entry called "65, 68, or 96?" debating my views on the proposed 96-team tournament. I'm completely against this. Going from 65 to 68 is more understandable than 96. The NIT is severely underrated. BAD call, NCAA.

On a lighter note... Butler vs. Michigan and West Virginia vs. Duke. Who advances in both games and who'll win the 2009-2010 season championship? Tell it, GTPlanet!

While the game has already started I picked MSU to beat Butler. I have a room mate here who is from East Lansing (why he ended up at WVU beats me) and he has been singing MSU's praises all year. Of course I'm picking WVU over Duke tonight.

However, both of the teams playing now (MSU/Butler) are not looking very good. Even if WVU does not win tonight I must say that whoever wins tonights late game is going to win the national championship.

It's going to be an all-blue National Championship game. Butler will meet the winner of West Virginia vs. Duke. Butler won 52-50 over Michigan State.

It's Championship Week!

* Butler vs. Duke on the men's side (Monday)
* Stanford vs. Connecticut on the women's side (Tuesday)

The final champions of this season will be determined today and tomorrow. Good luck to all teams playing for championships.

I don't care who wins, mathematically I can't lose my bracket. With the amount of upsets this year I wedged my way into first place and now I'm looking at a serious load of cash.

My guess is Duke will win tonight, I'm just pissed I have stuff going on so I can't go somewhere and partake in adult beverages watch the game.

And the MSU/Butler game was lamer than FDR's legs. It was like watching amateur hour.

Last edited:
Watching Butler's ball handling here in the beginning of the game is amazing. They would absolutely dominate UD. As I type Butler leads 20 to 18 with 8 left in the first half. Just the beginning. They've already shown some supreme team work at the basket, tipping in the ball on the second, third, even fourth chance once I think. They didn't get here for no reason, they're damn good. This is actually the first time I've seen them play.

I want to know how the hell Butler is playing so well, especially after the lame game they played against MSU. Although Duke is starting to act like they want to win. This is turning out to be a better game than I thought it would.

I wish my buddies wouldn't have been a bunch of loser, no one wanted to go out tonight to watch the game because they had work tomorrow and I refuse to sit at a bar by myself. Oh well, I can chill on my Laz-e-Boy with my laptop and a cold one and enjoy the game in peace I suppose.

It should totally be MSU playing Duke though :grumpy:.

Oh and Duke needs to learn how to hit 3's.

Duke with a...1 point lead at the half. This game has been back and forth over 10 times now.

EDIT: 13.6 left and 1 point down. Possession. This is crazy.

EDIT 2: Couldn't quite. But the fact remains that Butler played Duke in the championship game, and Duke is celebrating their win. The fact that Duke has to celebrate at all says something. Maybe next year? Hell, anything is possible! :lol:

Last edited:
That game was epic, one of the best NCAA games I've ever seen. And the amount of money I just won is staggering.

http://johnbmarine.blogspot.com/2010/04/will-non-major-school-ever-be-champ.html

I actually pulled for Butler because I wanted to see a mid-major actually become National Championship. Butler is not the basketball version of Boise State (because this honor is reserved for Gonzaga), but the Bulldogs could have hit some of their earlier lay-ups. Woes at the foul line were also a problem for Butler for most of the game. Take nothing away from Duke, but Butler could have done a little more to win or have a chance to win. I don't think we're going to see this game in highlights constantly, like how ESPN has to keep reminding me that North Carolina State beat the best fraternity in college basketball history- Phi Slamma Jamma.

The game was a great one, but I'm not sure if I'd think of this game more like a basketball version of the USCal vs. Texas game in the 2006 Rose Bowl. Butler sure had me on pins and needles as they were leading or closed the gap. Congratulations to Duke on a job well done. But really, there weren't any really GREAT teams, so picking a winner would be a tough deal. That link at the top of this post is my blog entry concerning if there will ever be a National Champion in NCAA D1 men's hoops, or are the schools from major conferences just too good.

Up now, the women's tournament between two #1 seeds- Stanford and the win-streak Connecticut tonight in San Antonio.

This post is a salute to all champions of NCAA basketball. Congratulations to:

NCAA Division 1 Champions
* Men: Duke
* Women: Connecticut

NCAA Division 2 Champions
* Men: California Polytechnical-Pomona
* Women: Emporia State

NCAA Division 3 Champions
* Men: Wisconsin-Stevens Point
* Women: Washington University (of St. Louis)

Congratulations to all NCAA basketball champions from this past season.

Back