College Basketball: January 2007

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 45 comments
In addition to Kentucky's loss, check these out:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;...erachievingcatsneedtobea&prov=uwire&type=lgns

What's going on in Lexington after this loss?
Well, there have been stories of laps around the stadium before, shooting routines that start at the free throw line, make the shot, step back, and so on until you are a couple of steps behind the three point line. Miss a shot, start over. You don't leave until you complete it (1 AM has been rumored).

Tubby doesn't tear the players down yelling at them post-game. He makes them practice in crazy ways so that their punishment also improves their skills.

This game was a crazy one and I never want to see that agin.

I'll tell you this much, FoolKiller. Even you say that not every team is going to be great throughout the course of a season. Even I say that you're going to lose games in basketball. It is pretty demoralizing to lose to inferior teams, or at least teams that would easily lose to on paper. As soon as Kentucky lost, I was thinking "oh man. I bet FoolKiller must be pulling his hair out with this loss (unless you're bald)." Kentucky would usually slaughter Georgia. The only time Kentucky would lose to Georgia would probably be in football or women's basketball. But this was a huge loss. And guess what? It isn't going to be easy easier because your 'Cats get Tennessee this Sunday.

I'm going to talk about only one game because I didn't get a chance to report on multiple games. I'll do my own RAPID FIRE after I tell you a story about some other kittens that could go all the way.

--- Clemson Catashtrophe Pack ---

The Ten-Year Itch (Clemson Men)
* #19 Clemson at #10 Duke
What do you think about when you think about Duke University? Their dominating basketball team? Their scandal with the lacrosse team? Their terrible football team who would lose to Temple and Savannah State if they scheduled them? Most would associate Duke with basketball because it's one of many sports they can play without falling on their face when losing. The Blue Devils are usually a guaranteed win over Clemson. I think Clemson hasn't beaten Duke vs. Duke since 1995, and AT Duke since 1997. The Clemson Tigers of Clemson, SC were part of a thrilling game. Clemson fought hard. One of the dumbest Duke moments was that Duke basically inbounded the ball to a Clemson player behind the arc, and hit a money three-pointer. The game was 66-66 at this point. But there's a reason why Duke University basketball is so great. They shown why by banging in a quick two-pointer in the final moments of the game to win. (68-66; DUKE)

Bad Housekeeping(Clemson Women)
* #3 Maryland at Clemson
The Clemson Lady Tigers just didn't have as close of a game as when they took on Maryland. Maryland has lost only one game so far, and the Lady Terrapins made sure they didn't get knocked off by another team. A bad night for Clemson. (76-62; #3 Maryland)

-end "Clemson Catastrophe Pack"

RAPID FIRE:
I'll take you as much around America as possible. So bear with me.

--- Men ---
* Western Kentucky at Arkansas State (76-75; ARKANSAS STATE)
* Wisconsin-Milwaukee at Detroit (91-84; DETROIT)
* IUPUI at Centenary (70-68; Indiana University-Purdue University-Indianapolis)
* #3 UCLA at California (62-46; #3 California-Los Angeles)
* #7 Oregon at Washington (89-77; WASHINGTON) *upset!* (how do they party in Seattle, kylehnat?)
* Charlotte at Saint Louis (76-63; SAINT LOUIS)

--- Women ---
* #9 Stanford at Arizona (86-76; #9 Stanford)
* Wisconsin-Green Bay at Butler (81-64; Wisconsin-Green Bay)
* California-Riverside at California-Davis (55-46; CALIFORNIA-DAVIS)
* Pacific at Cal Poly (77-62; CALIFORNIA POLYTECHNICAL INSTITUTE)
* Indiana State at Bradley (63-50; Indiana State)
* Louisiana-Lafayette at Florida Atlantic (79-61; Louisiana-Lafayette)

There may be a few Friday scores. What I may do for Friday is to give you a look at how the Top 25 looks for the men and the women. I may even do Divisions 2 and 3 in my Friday report. So have an awesome Friday.

I'll tell you this much, FoolKiller. Even you say that not every team is going to be great throughout the course of a season. Even I say that you're going to lose games in basketball. It is pretty demoralizing to lose to inferior teams, or at least teams that would easily lose to on paper. As soon as Kentucky lost, I was thinking "oh man. I bet FoolKiller must be pulling his hair out with this loss (unless you're bald)."
Full head of hair, so far. Even went to the barber yesterday, where I mourned the loss with all the old men just hanging out socializing.

Wow @ the officiating at the end of the Duke-Clemson game. The refs just gifted the game into Duke's hands by putting an extra two seconds on the clock so that Duke had enough time to run the length of the court and score.

Still a great play by Duke to get the shot off, but still--that's some horrendous officiating.

I was watching the game and couldn't believe that the first inbounds pass went directly to Clemson; I'd never seen something like that. And then the refs say that it took only .6 seconds for the player to set himself, shoot, and score from behind the 3-point arc. Haha, so bogus.

It's Friday night. You go to see a Friday game. Maybe hit the club on Friday. Maybe you're thinking about (especially around this time of year) what the Super Bowl will be like if you're an NFL fan. I won't have scores for you all tonight. But I want to do something different. You see, the Clemson at Duke game generated some controversy with the clock. And so I ask... does Duke get off easy? With this in mind, let's do something different.

(Extra) IS Duke the Devil?
Duke University. A proud basketball school with lots of tradition and distinguished alums. I turned on ESPNEWS around 4PM CST. What the Program Alert stated was that there was controversy in the Clemson @ Duke game. For the uninitiated, Clemson fought their way back into the game with a chance to either beat Duke or take them into Overtime. It was around five or six seconds left in the game. Clemsson connected a high-percentage shot. On the Duke inbound, Duke literally inbounded the ball to someone of the WRONG team! He was behind the arc and down by three. He hit a clutch three-point shot. So it's 66-66 as the Blue Devils had a chance to prevent an Overtime game from happening. But there's a reason why Duke is so good. With minimal delay, Duke was able to heave-ho a shot to "Big Save Dave" to knock off Clemson.

As reported by Yahoo! Sports, this article is available: < http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug=ap-t25-clemson-duke-clock&prov=ap&type=lgns >. Some people really critize that Duke gets all the easy calls and stuff like that. Our resident Duke-hater, FoolKiller says that Duke is the devil. It's a school where we've seen basketball alum like Christian Laetner(?), Dick Vitale, and Shane Battier [of my Houston Rockets]. So DOES Duke get all the easy calls? Are they prone to controversy? Is this sort of a cursed program? Decide at will.

-end "IS Duke the Devil?"

Friday doesn't really yield exciting games. Only time things get interesting is if there's a tournament going on. If you want to know who played on Friday (including if your favorite team played), then here are your Friday results:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/scoreboard?d=2007-01-26&c=all&refresh=0
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/scoreboard?d=2007-01-26&c=all&refresh=0

What's the best way to kill a boring Friday? Wait for Saturday. Games, games, and more games. You're not a college hoops fan until you can enjoy a Saturday of games from around the nation. Teams you may remember in football. Teams that don't have football. Teams that used to be National Champions in hoops. You want scores on Saturday? You'll likely get them. And remember, any scores I don't post, you're free to offer your own scores. Friday's done, and Saturday awaits. Get your lucky basketball out and hope your favorite team wins, and your most hated team lose. Good night, everyone! Oh, and don't forget to check out the Rolex24 Hours of Daytona this weekend for my motorsports followers.

Saturday is for college football during the Fall. While college basketball doesn't have a set date for action, Saturday is when all or most teams play. Daytona Beach, Florida is seeing the Rolex24 Hours of Daytona. What you're about to see is a whole mess of Division 1 games on tap with a mix of short and long reports. I couldn't prepare as many reports as possible because I attended the 2007 Houston Auto Show. So get ready for a mix of short reports and some rapid fire.

We begin with the #1 team in America- Florida.

Chomping at the Bit
* #1 Florida at Auburn
It's Florida. They're on the road to settle a football rivalry on the hardwood. It was Auburn's football team that upset Florida... then OWNED their bums with a last-moment blocked punt for a touchdown. Too bad a quality basketball team Auburn Tigers do not make. Florida is basically the of-the-moment team in college sports. They are the trendsetters. No team has won the National Championship in football and basketball in the same season. Maybe if some teams actually had better football/basketball teams to match their basketball/football teams, there could be more to have. Don't you think, players? The Gators took a big bite out of these inferior Tigers. (91-66; #1 Florida)

#16 Air Force at BYU
The Air Force Academy left Colorado Springs to go to Provo, UT. What the Falcons got was a BYU Cougar beatdown. Ouch. Get some bandages and ointment for this beating. (61-52; BRIGHAM YOUNG) *upset!*

I fell asleep and was unable to get down any scores since I was pretty tired from the Houston Auto Show. So please get ALL of your Division 1 Saturday scores here:

http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/scoreboard?d=2007-01-27&c=all&refresh=0
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/scoreboard?d=2007-01-27&c=all&refresh=0

DIVISION 2 RECAP
GTPlanet, do you know the reason why I haven't touched up on Divisions 2 and 3? It's because I didn't have a reliable source by which to report scores for you. Then sometimes, I don't religiously focus on them for you. What I will try to do is (with the help of CSTV) let you in on who's been winning in Division 2. We begin in Division 2 with the #1 team in America hit the road against an unranked conference foe. In addition, this #1 team happens to be the defending champions of Division 2- Winona State.

(Division 2) Defending Champions Hit the Road
* #1 Winona State at Northern State
People who have College Sports Television might have saw this game at 12PM Eastern Standard Time. The story here is that Winona State is unbeaten. Northern State is unranked. What is so important about this matchup? Winona State are the defending National Champions of Division 2 men's basketball. The Winona State Warriors have been money all season having won 17 of their games and losing... NONE of them. Northern State looks to dethrone these giants. The Wolves are just that- wolves. Do you know what wolves do? They feast on inferior opposition. That's what Northern State has been doing. Around 2:50 left in the first half, Northern State was hammering Winona State. The half ended as Aberdeen, South Dakota (Northern State University) was on their feet cheering on the home side. But like the heart of a champion, Winona State fought back to win. How you South Dakota players like that? (76-66; #1 Winona State)

Learn more about these two schools at:
http://www.winona.edu/tv (Winona State)
http://www.northern.edu (Northern State)

And that's Division 2 for you. I hate that I don't have a reliable Division 2 basketball source to work with to talk D2 hoops.

For Division 3 scores, visit the following sites:
http://www.d3hoops.com/schedule.php?date=2007-01-27&team=mens
http://www.d3hoops.com/schedule.php?date=2007-01-27&team=womens

Just to let you know... I am in the process of preparing my March Madness thread to discuss all postseason action. If I can, I'd like to get across Division 2 and 3 tournaments in addition to Division 1. So look for that thread in addition to my February thread.

(Extra) IS Duke the Devil?
Duke University. A proud basketball school with lots of tradition and distinguished alums. I turned on ESPNEWS around 4PM CST. What the Program Alert stated was that there was controversy in the Clemson @ Duke game. For the uninitiated, Clemson fought their way back into the game with a chance to either beat Duke or take them into Overtime. It was around five or six seconds left in the game. Clemsson connected a high-percentage shot. On the Duke inbound, Duke literally inbounded the ball to someone of the WRONG team! He was behind the arc and down by three. He hit a clutch three-point shot. So it's 66-66 as the Blue Devils had a chance to prevent an Overtime game from happening. But there's a reason why Duke is so good. With minimal delay, Duke was able to heave-ho a shot to "Big Save Dave" to knock off Clemson.

As reported by Yahoo! Sports, this article is available: < http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news?slug=ap-t25-clemson-duke-clock&prov=ap&type=lgns >. Some people really critize that Duke gets all the easy calls and stuff like that. Our resident Duke-hater, FoolKiller says that Duke is the devil. It's a school where we've seen basketball alum like Christian Laetner(?), Dick Vitale, and Shane Battier [of my Houston Rockets]. So DOES Duke get all the easy calls? Are they prone to controversy? Is this sort of a cursed program? Decide at will.
Duke has some sort of last-second-shot blessing from Satan. Do they practice wild lobs from mid-court or what? But, every highlight reel out there shows Laetner making the crazy half court shot against Kentucky. :mad:

Oh, and yes, Duke is the devil. At a minimum they are in cahoots with the devil.

In more positive news, Kentucky beats Tennessee by 19 points!!! :confused:

So, we lose the two games we should have easily won, and then the first scary game of the season for me and we trounce them. Granted Lofton was out with an ankle injury, but he isn't the only guy on the team, is he? I know 19 points a game for him is a not uncommon thing, but is the trick really to eliminate him from the game and Tennessee is a nobody?

Let's start in Lexington, Kentucky. We got a big match as one of Kentucky's own... wears orange. Kentucky's been on the ropes losing to Vanderbilt and Georgia. They better get well fast because Tennessee's coming to town.

Can the Wildcats Bounce Back Against Tennessee?
* Tennesseee at Kentucky
Kentucky has only two SEC losses before this game took place. On January 20th, 2007, Vanderbilt came in and stunned the 23K or so that packed Rupp Arena. Then four days later, Kentucky was stunned in Overtime by Georgia. It's probably okay to lose to Vanderbilt, but losing to some of the sorriest teams in your conference is truly terrible. It's like how people talk about the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars lose to bad teams like Houston (Houston isn't as bad as most people think). I actually had my concerns for Kentucky as Tennessee came to town as one of Kentucky's own wears enemy colors. The Wildcats will meet up against a blue tick hound and his orange-clad next-door enemies. Who's that knocking on Rupp Arena's doors? Why, it's Tennessee! Red is the enemy color in Lexington, but there's also orange that Kentucky fans hate. Even more so, Chris Lofton was expected to play against his home state's best team. The Volunteers of Knoxville, Tennessee consistently wants to knock off the legend that is Kentucky basketball. This game was on CBS, but the game I got on my Dish Network service was #2 Wisconsin at Iowa. Tennessee led 32-31 at the half. More disappointment would be on the horizon for UK. But in the end, Kentucky blown out Tennessee. Seeing that in football would resemble the end of the world. Okay. So Kentucky can lose to Vandy and UGA. But you just can't keep a good Cat down. Kentucky's got to make ready to go to Arkansas on February 3rd. Kentucky slam dunked to America that Kentucky may go down, but never go out. Good job, Kentucky. Now make ready for Arkansas on Super Bowl weekend. (76-57; KENTUCKY)

Those Damned Dawgs!
* #23 LSU at Georgia
Georgia usually isn't a conference power in basketball as they are in football. You already know LSU has an EXTREMELY potent football team. Georgia came off of putting Kentucky on the shelf. Now all of a sudden, the Bulldogs are full of life again and can brag a bit in the SEC. The LSU Tigers may have someone nicknamed "Big Baby." Well, Georgia wanted to make LSU cry like babies with a loss like this. Are Georgia's men finally realizing their potential as a basketball team? (57-54; GEORGIA) *upset!*

Iowa Hawk-Eyes a Potential Upset of #2 Wisconsin
* #2 Wisconsin at Iowa
Iowa City, Iowa hasn't had too much to be happy about with its hometown's finest NCAA college. Iowa football was fortunate enough to make a Bowl game. They would eventually lose to Texas in the Alamo Bowl. Iowa women's basketball is almost a virtual unknown. Their men's basketball hopes to get a big lift from this slump of [the University of]Iowa sports recently. The Hawkeyes wear black and gold so they can show what they can do against their opponents. Iowa will try to knock their oppositions' lights out. What's the color of darkness? Black. As Iowa knocks out their opposition, they will be golden. Wisconsin has never had as great of a season in their history. Believe me when I say that Wisconsin has never looked better. They are #2 in the nation. Marquette basketball may be great, but the Badgers are doing better. Will Iowa step up their game? They actually kept the game close, but Wisconsin was just too much. (??-??; #2 Wisconsin)

*** CONFERENCE OUTLOOK *** I said that the Big Ten battle will be against Ohio State and Wisconsin. These two will meet at Ohio State on February 25th... EXTREMELY close to Selection Sunday.

John's Feature School: University of Wisconsin-Green Bay
Please tell me you've never heard of Green Bay. That team- Lambeau Field. Future Hall of Fame quarterback there from Southern Mississippi. Wisconsin-Green Bay is having a great season in the Horizon League. I usually know that Wisconsin-Green Bay has a great women's team. But their men have done impressively this season. It used to be that Wisconsin-Milwaukee was the power of Horizon League basketball in Wisconsin. Now the Panthers are having a terrible season. Not to mention that Wisconsin-Green Bay beat Wisconsin-Milwaukee last night at U.S. Celluar Arena (UWM). Most people familiar with Green Bay normally question why UWGB doesn't have a football team. Well, there are two reasons. First off, it's an expensive undertaking. So many schools dropped football because of financial issues. The second reason coincides with the financial issue of football- a UWGB football team has had some fears of being overshadowed by the Green Bay Packers. Personally, I think this is a dumb idea for someone to think a mid-major like Wisconsin-Green Bay would be overshadowed by an NFL team. Are the Cincinatti Bearcats overshadowed by the Cincinatti Bengals? Are the Pittsburgh Panthers overshadowed by the Pittsburgh Steelers? Are the Miami Hurricanes overshadowed by the Miami Dolphins? Hell... are my hometown Houston Cougars overshadowed by the Houston Texans? So what makes anyone think the Wisconsin-Green Bay Phoenix would be overshadowed by the Green Bay Packers? Regardless, this school remains fairly humble and respectful. Their motto is "connecting learning to life."

For more information on the University of Wisconsin-Green Bay, visit these web sites:
http://www.uwgb.edu/ (home)
http://uwgbathletics.cstv.com/ (athletics)

Cameron's Ready to Go Crazy
* Boston College at #1? Duke
At 6:00 left in the game, Duke led 63-55. A Duke player had a nasty incident and hit the deck. Never thought I'd say this- Cameron Indoor Stadium was mostly silent. The injured player was #14 David McClure. (75-61; #1? DUKE)

SoCal at NoCal
* #3 UCLA at Stanford
Kentucky has 7 National Championships. UCLA has 11. They hope to make it 12 in the near future. Will they ge it? They got to get through this season first, meaning they have to get through Pac-10 opposition ranging from Washington State to Arizona. That even includes beating their Californian opposition. Let's meet the boys in blue. UCLA wears sky blue and gold. They've been golden for years under the legendary John Wooden. I bet he must be very proud of his UCLA Bruins when they play. They beat the brains out of a bunch of teams so far. Their last loss was at Oregon. They'll get their rematch at Pauley Pavillion this Thursday. Now let's meet Stanford. Stanford has a lot of sporting highlights... just too bad none of them were in the 2006 football season. Stanford isn't THAT sorry. I mean... damn. Got a brother messed up. What Stanford football lacks, Stanford basketball usually makes up for it. When I left seeing the game on TV, UCLA was beating down Stanford. But when I rejoined the action with about 1:57 left in the game, Stanford was leading UCLA by something like eight or nine points. UCLA wouldn't give up the fight as they needed to drill some stop-and-pop 3-pointers. In the end, UCLA has lost only in Pac-10 play. How much is left in the tank of UCLA the rest of the way? (75-68; STANFORD) *upset!*

*** SIDE NOTE *** I've never liked that Kernkraft 400 song usually chanted in sporting events. But it's not my least favorite arena song. That honor goes to "Are You Ready For This?" by 2 Unlimited... or whatever they're called.

OTHER SCORES:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/scoreboard?d=2007-01-28&c=all&refresh=0 (Men)
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/scoreboard?d=2007-01-28&c=all&refresh=0 (Women)

Sorry I didn't have these scores any earlier.

Can the Wildcats Bounce Back Against Tennessee?
* Tennesseee at Kentucky
Kentucky has only two SEC losses before this game took place. On January 20th, 2007, Vanderbilt came in and stunned the 23K or so that packed Rupp Arena. Then four days later, Kentucky was stunned in Overtime by Georgia. It's probably okay to lose to Vanderbilt, but losing to some of the sorriest teams in your conference is truly terrible. It's like how people talk about the NFL's Jacksonville Jaguars lose to bad teams like Houston (Houston isn't as bad as most people think). I actually had my concerns for Kentucky as Tennessee came to town as one of Kentucky's own wears enemy colors. The Wildcats will meet up against a blue tick hound and his orange-clad next-door enemies. Who's that knocking on Rupp Arena's doors? Why, it's Tennessee! Red is the enemy color in Lexington, but there's also orange that Kentucky fans hate. Even more so, Chris Lofton was expected to play against his home state's best team. The Volunteers of Knoxville, Tennessee consistently wants to knock off the legend that is Kentucky basketball. This game was on CBS, but the game I got on my Dish Network service was #2 Wisconsin at Iowa. Tennessee led 32-31 at the half. More disappointment would be on the horizon for UK. But in the end, Kentucky blown out Tennessee. Seeing that in football would resemble the end of the world. Okay. So Kentucky can lose to Vandy and UGA. But you just can't keep a good Cat down. Kentucky's got to make ready to go to Arkansas on February 3rd. Kentucky slam dunked to America that Kentucky may go down, but never go out. Good job, Kentucky. Now make ready for Arkansas on Super Bowl weekend. (76-57; KENTUCKY)
As overheard on the radio yesterday:

"If you take their first half against Georgia and their second half against Tennessee you have a championship team."

I honestly think that they currently have a few upperclassman that are full of talent, but if they get shutdown (GA double-teamed Crawford in the second half) or have a bad day it can affect the team. When Crawford is off it throws off the team. Bradley can handle the ball, but when he has to play point his mind gets off the ball and he turns it over, ruining momentum. Occasionally Morris gets in foul trouble and it can mess up the timing of our entire inside game.

As much talent as these three can bring individually, they can also single-handedly lose a game for us. I think Kentucky will actually be better without them. When the freshmen are on the floor they mesh better as a team unit. It is what Tubby likes best and can do the most with, but it is hard to recruit a complete unit every year. Teyshaun Prince was a superstar but was a team player when it was called for. He had no problem giving up the ball to an open man when it was a smarter move.

Right now if Crawford gets going he doesn't look for someone with a better shot, even if he is triple teamed. Bradley thinks he can just dribble the ball around anyone, despite how many times it gets stolen from him when he takes too much time trying to penetrate and refuse to pass. Then because Crawford can get on fire the team will start to rely on him and you will actually see them basically standing around watching him, waiting to see what he does with it. He is a talent, but he is a distraction because of it.

If these freshmen grow the way they appear to be then I think you will see Kentucky being a strong contender in a couple of years. Our only weakness will be center. Orbzut can set up a great screen, but he is slow at rebounding and takes too long to pass for a good fast break to happen. Then our sophmore, Carter, is sitting out for an entire year with an injury, and from what little playing he managed he would get caught standing around out of place, not paying attention to everything around him. The game I managed to get to this year he was out of place and Tubby was screaming at him to move for play 2. Perry had to slap his arm and point him where to go.

So, I think we are one center short of seeing Final Four glory in two or three years. (someone bookmark this)

After watching The Replacements on TV this past weekend, I feel like we have the one key element we need. Heart. These guys never stop trying and that is why I feel every year is a possibility for the Final Four, but talent says we go out in round three of the tournament.

Now, looking at the upcoming schedule, we still have a chance of leaving the regular season with 20+ wins, but we cannot have anymore upsets.

Well, I hope the best for your Wildcats, FoolKiller. I'll get my Monday scores across soon. Some of these I may get to, some I may not. But anyhow, here are a few early highlights of my Monday scores:

* Houston gets a big non-conference win
* Butler calls the Fire Department to extinguish some flames

And in some of my extras:
* A Tale of Two Kentuckys- EKU and WKU... how are they doing?
* Bracketbusters announced
* (maybe) a new Feature School

I'll have my write-up on Monday games when I get it complete.

Another late deal in trying to get scores in. So I'll get into RAPID FIRE mode and just let you know who won

RAPID FIRE (men only)
* Saint Louis at Houston (59-58; HOUSTON) <<< HOU now 10-9
* Illinois-Chicago at Butler (71-45; BUTLER)
* Tennessee-Martin at Eastern Kentucky (94-57; EASTERN KENTUCKY)
* Mississippi Valley State (84-78, OT; Mississippi Valley State)
* Winston-Salem State at Florida A&M (83-68; FLORIDA A&M)
* Utah State at Hawaii (69-61; HAWAII)

For more scores (including women's scores) from Monday, check these out:
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/scoreboard?d=2007-01-29&c=all&refresh=0
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaaw/scoreboard?d=2007-01-29&c=all&refresh=0