College Football: 2019 Season

• Thread starter JohnBM01
  • 89 comments
And the Tua "era" comes to a close in Tuscaloosa. I can't remember which college football analyst said it right after his heroics against Georgia in that championship game. But I think he said Tua would win 2 Heismans and 3 championships. He will go down in Alabama football history for what he did that night in Atlanta. But after that in big games, meh. Granted he wasn't 100% for LSU but he got pulled in the SEC Championship game last year and then again in the National Championship game. I have no idea what kind of pro career he is going to have.

Well, I said the latest rankings would be interesting to follow. Let's see the latest College Football Playoff rankings...

--- College Football Playoff Rankings: Nov. 12 Top 4 ---
1: LSU
2: Ohio State
3: Clemson
4: Georgia
--- College Football Playoff Rankings: Nov. 12 - First Two Out ---
5: Alabama
6: Oregon

Parity-wise, this is good, unless you want a Big XII team in this mix of six teams also. Want to share some thoughts on this CFP ranking?

The pros are cool and all, but college football is where it's at! You have a LOT of college football games to choose from to watch today and tonight. Games such as Michigan State at Michigan and Oklahoma at Baylor are waiting to be played. So go enjoy some college football this Saturday! I will, of course, offer some thoughts on today's games in a later post. You all are free to talk college football as always.

Alabama defeated Mississippi State 38-7 at Mississippi State, but they lost Tua Tagovailoga for the rest of the season with a hip injury. I wish Tua well in his recovery. I didn't see the incident proper, but this is really going to hurt Alabama down the stretch.

Here are the latest College Football Playoff rankings. So who are the best teams in NCAA FBS? Let's find out...

--- College Football Playoff Rankings: Nov. 19 ---
1: LSU
2: Ohio State
3: Clemson
4: Georgia
--- College Football Playoff Rankings: Nov. 19 ---
5: Alabama
6: Oregon

Georgia is the only team with a loss in this latest CFP ranking reveal. How do you feel about these rankings? Let's discuss!

If you love Big Ten football, do I have a game for you this week! We got Penn State at Ohio State this week as the big game of the week. There's a game for you to look forward to if you want a big game to follow for this week. After all- go B1G or go home!

As of the time of this post, ESPN2 will show some MACtion. It's the Eastern Michigan Eagles at the Northern Illinois Huskies. Got to love MAC football!

Time for a few musings of college football! You ready?

* Did any of you see the madness that ensued at the Harvard at Yale game? Halftime at this game was delayed because of students who came onto the field in protest of climate change issues. Halftime was delayed by about 28 minutes to get the protesting students off of the field. The game itself saw the Yale Bulldogs have a share of the Ivy League conference championship along with Dartmouth. Yale beat the Harvard Crimson 50-43 in Double Overtime.

Time again to "Go B1G or Go Home." Let's go...

* Ohio State downed Penn State 28-17 at Ohio State. Up next for the Buckeyes... at Michigan. Or to Buckeye faithful, "that school up north."

* Minnesota suffered a loss at Iowa, and they came back by beating Northwestern nicely on the road. The Golden Gophers beat the NW Wildcats 38-22.

* Appalachian State has really made a mark in FBS since joining the FBS ranks. While they famously beat Michigan at Michigan back in 2007, who thought the Mountaineers would have a chance at being a double-digit win team for the second successive season? The Texas State Bobcats fell to the awesomeness of Appalachian State 35-13 at App. State. No. 24-ranked App. State is now 10-1 after this win. EASILY the best team in the Sun Belt.

Congratulations to all other winners of this week's games up to and beyond the time of this post.

Time for another look at the College Football Playoff rankings. Let's see who all are tops this week...

--- College Football Playoff Rankings: Nov. 26; First Four In ---
1: Ohio State (11-0)
2: Louisiana State (11-0)
3: Clemson (11-0)
4: Georgia (10-1)
--- College Football Playoff Rankings: Nov. 26; First Two Out ---
5: Alabama (10-1)
6: Utah (10-1)

...and there you go. Feel free to comment on this latest CFP ranking list if you like.

Plenty of rivalry games coming up this week. To me, rivalries are what makes college sports (let alone college football) fun. I easily can enjoy a college rivalry more than any pro sports rivalry. Among this week's games: Ohio State at Michigan, Clemson at South Carolina, Georgia at Georgia Tech, Wisconsin at Minnesota, Alabama at Auburn, Florida State at Florida, and Oklahoma at Oklahoma State. Do I have your attention NOW? Yep. Enjoy Rivalry Week!

Plenty of college football both today and tomorrow, ranging from some great late-season matches as well as intense rivalries. So go enjoy some college football even on this Black Friday.

So... would you say that Ole Miss peed away their chances of forcing Overtime or winning? ;) That win made Mississippi State bowl eligible. That had to be a horrible moment for the Rebels allowing their rival Mississippi State Bulldogs.

I saw mostly the second half of the Apple Cup rivalry (Washington State at Washington) earlier today. Crash's Washington Huskies came through with a sweet win. And my goodness... Husky Stadium and its surroundings are just lovely. Mountains, the water, just a lovely place. Probably a place I'd want to see a college football game if I were to travel.

Quick musing to share...

Time again to Go B1G or Go Home. When it comes to the Big Ten, you can't go b1gger... uh, bigger.. than Michigan vs. Ohio State. This year's game is at Michigan. THE Ohio State University went into the Big House and... won big. The Buckeyes smothered the Michigan Wolverines 56-27. Jim Harbaugh still winless as coach against Ohio State. If Jim Harbaugh keeps his head coaching job at Michigan, he'll have to try again against Ohio State next season. Ohio State has now beaten Michigan eight straight seasons. I wish I could give better news for Michigan fans, but I can't at this time. Ohio State gets the winner of Wisconsin at Minnesota in the B1G Championship Game next week.

Congratulations to all other winners from this week's games.

This week marks the next-to-last reveal of the College Football Playoff rankings for this season. One has to wonder what will be the six teams that make up the CFP rankings this week. If you see the rankings and want to comment, just pop right in here and comment away. Do not wait for me to post the rankings.

Most of this week will be some extra football games, some conference championships, and along with playoff action in most other divisions outside of NCAA FBS. So go enjoy some college football this week!

Who's IN now? Let's find out:

--- College Football Playoff Rankings: First Four in Dec. 3 ---
1: Ohio State (12-0)
2: LSU (12-0)
3: Clemson (12-0)
4: Georgia (11-1)
--- College Football Playoff Rankings: First Two Out Dec. 3 ---
5: Utah (11-1)
6: Oklahoma (11-1)

ESPN was going to unveil the Playoff Six... when an epic fail happened. They unveiled Ohio State at No. 1, but accidentally they showed No. 6! They then went ahead and shown the CFP rankings in descending order. Anyhow... we have our latest playoff six.

I heard there was a proposal to the College Football Playoff to reduce the number of games by replacing the conference championships with the first round of the College Football Playoff. This is also a way to take the four-team playoff format to an eight-team playoff. Most of you know I think the CFP will eventually be an eight-team playoff. How it is implemented remains to be seen, though.

The final Playoff rankings will be revealed this coming Sunday. We will know then who all will have a chance at the NCAA FBS National Championship. It will be an interesting finish to determine those four best teams. Utah and Oklahoma still have a chance to crash the party if they get some help.

Well, Utah's College Football Playoff hopes masy likely be dashed after having lost 37-15(?) last night to Oregon in the Pac-12 title game. Enjoy the final few regular season college football games this weekend before Selection Sunday tomorrow. College football playoffs action continues outdide of NCAA FBS. Next week is mostly college football awards, including the Heismsn Trophy ceremony.

Enjoy all of the action!

[UPDATE] The score in UTAH/ORE was 37-15, Oregon; not 35-17, Oregon. Changes made.

Last edited:
Ladies and gentlemen, we have our Playoff Four! The top four teams playing for a National Championship are as follows:

--- College Football Playoff: 2019 Playoff Selctions ---
01: LSU (13-0)
02: Ohio State (13-0)
03: Clemson (13-0)
04: Oklahoma (12-1)

So your matchups will be like this:
* #1 LSU vs. #4 Oklahoma
* #2 Ohio State vs. #3 Clemson

Both of these matches will be played on December 28. Congratulations to these four having a chance to win it all for this season.

Anyone want to quickly pick who will win the National Championship this postseason in NCAA FBS? Anyone bold enough to pick?

I may not be here tomorrow to discuss this, but tomorrow night is the Heisman Trophy presentation. It may be the biggest celebration of a single achievement among the four major American sports. Or to most others... a self-gloating, overrated celebration of a single accomplishment. Either way, one college football player will prove to have been more than enough to win the trophy in the likeness of John Heisman.

Tomorrow also is one of the greatest rivalries in all of college sports- the Army-Navy Game. So enjoy a little college football this Saturday if you are inclined.

What'dya know!? It's college football Bowl season! Last night saw some of the early Bowl games, including Kent State winning a Bowl Game for the first time in school history when they beat Utah State in the Tropical Fruit Smoothie(?) Frisco Bowl. Prior to this, Kent State was 0-3 all-time in Bowl games. So congratulations to the Golden Flashes in defeating the Aggies of Utah State.

Enjoy Bowl season, college football fans!

"Man... these Bowl games are boring! All these 'Who Cares?' bowl games with these "Who Cares?' teams." Well, guess what? We got the College Football Playoff Semifinal games today! Here's the card for today:

* #1 LSU vs. #4 Oklahoma (Peach Bowl)
* #2 Ohio State vs. #3 Clemson (Fiesta Bowl)

It's hard to believe, but did you know Oklahoma will play their first-ever game in the state of Georgia today? Oklahoma has played college football since 1895. So Oklahoma will get some Peach State hospitality in their hopes of playing for a National Championship. In the Sooners' way, though, are the feisty LSU Tigers. Ohio State and Clemson will play in the other game for their chance to play in New Orleans for the National Championship in NCAA FBS football. Both the Ohio State Buckeyes and Clemson Tigers are 13-0. Two will play for a National Championship; two others will go home.

There are other Bowl games to be played today, but today begins the CFP Semifinals. So enjoy today's/tonight's college football action!

Ladies and gentlemen, set your calendars for January 13, 2020; because we have our National Championship game set! Results:

* #4 Oklahoma vs. #1 LSU (63-28; LSU)
* #3 Clemson vs. #2 Ohio State (29-23; Clemson) - Ohio State now 0-4 all-time vs. Clemson

I been sick this weekend (feeling better), so I kind of slept through the Oklahoma vs. LSU game. You know you have some of those power naps that aren't supposed to be power naps. Anyhow, we got a Tiger Bowl in New Orleans to determine a National Champion. One 14-0 team will be 15-0 after the National Championship game. But... WHICH Tiger team? The Tigers from Baton Rouge, LA; or the Tigers from Clemson, SC? Oh, and which Death Valley?

Tell it, GTPlanet. Our NCAA FBS National Champion for the 2019 season will be...? Or does anyone want to predict right now?

This Saturday is the NCAA FCS National Championship game, and next Monday is the College Football Playoff Final. The FCS National Championship match involves the James Madison Dukes and the North Dakota State Bison. The FBS National Championship match involves LSU and Clemson. Yes- the FBS match is the "Tiger Bowl." LSU Tigers. Clemson Tigers. Two "Death Valley" sites.

Tonight is the last of the non-CFP, non-major Bowl games as the Louisiana-Lafayette (nowadays just called Louisiana) Ragin' Cajuns against the Miami University (Miami of Ohio) Redhawks in the LendingTree Bowl. This game is at Ladd-Peebles Stadium in Mobile, AL.

Today is the NCAA FCS National Championship game! Before this game happens, allow me to salute some other NCAA football champions.

* On December 20, 2019; the NCAA Division 3 football championship went to North Central, as they won their first-ever National Championship. Most people usually are familiar with seeing the likes of Mount Union or Wisconsin-Whitewater winning the NCAA D3 Football Championship in the Stagg Bowl. Well, the Wisconsin-Whitewater Warhawks fell victim to the North Central Cardinals in a 41-14 rout.

* Your NCAA Division 2 football winners are the Argonauts of the University of West Florida. West Florida is one of the younger football programs in America. They started their football program back in 2016. The Argonauts put on an epic basketball-on-grass scoring frenzy that saw the Argonauts defeat the Mavericks of Minnesota State-Mankato to a 48-40 game. So... three years of existence, and you knock down your first National Championship. Cool, huh?

You want to know kind of an interesting observation? All of the NCAA football championships this season are held in Texas... except one- the FBS championship in New Orleans, Louisiana! D3 championship game in Shenandoah, D2 championship in McKinney, and the FCS championship later today in Frisco. Speaking of the NCAA FCS Championship, we'll see whether or not our TB will smile from ear-to-ear if the North Dakota State Bison win their eighth National Championship in football when the James Madison Dukes want another NCAA FCS National Championship themselves. The game will be on ABC starting at 12:00 Noon Eastern Time.

Oh, and don't forget we got the NCAA FBS National Championship to be decided between the LSU Tigers and Clemson Tigers. Both undefeated. One will finish undefeated. Enjoy all of the action today and this Monday night!

we'll see whether or not our TB will smile from ear-to-ear if the North Dakota State Bison win their eighth National Championship in football when the James Madison Dukes want another NCAA FCS National Championship themselves.
Watching the pre game show now and I'm about to kick a kid out of the theater room to watch the game!

HUGE congrats to Trey Lance for winning the Walter Payton award. Even more impressive as he is the first ever freshman to win!

Edit: Bison Nation represented across the country:

Screenshot_20200111-102436_Bison Tracker.jpg

Edit edit: What a play to end the first quarter. :lol:

Last edited:
You waited long enough. Now, it all comes down to one final game. Tonight is the NCAA FBS National Championship game. It's the "Tiger Bowl"- LSU Tigers vs. Clemson Tigers. Two "Death Valley" home fields. Two teams with 14-0 records. Two teams of destiny will battle each other to win the National Championship for the 2019 season. Two unbeaten teams, but only one will finish this season undefeated. Who will get it done? Who will become National Champion? We'll find out tonight in New Orleans!

Enjoy tonight's game should you be following or watching in any capacity!

The season is over! Here is your winner... and NEWWWWW National Champions- Louisiana State University! The LSU Tigers denied the Clemson Tigers a repeat National Championship. LSU's Joe Murrow has himself a Triple Crown- Heisman Trophy winner, undefeated season, and a National Championship all in the same season. LSU beat Clemson 42-25. Congratulations to LSU on a job well done. Congratulations also to Clemson for making it this far.

So this concludes the 2019 season of college football. I will make my usual Salute to Champions post some time in the future.

The future is bright for the Bengals is they can get Burrow the talent he needs to keep growing and winning in the pros.

I just hope he does better than the last LSU Qb that was selected no.1 overall... As a Raider, we do not speak his name. You all know who he is.

It has been a long while, but here is my usual salute post to all of this season's champions. "Now, list your name with the other champions!"

NCAA FBS: LSU
NCAA FCS: North Dakota State
NCAA Division 2: West Florida
NCAA Division 3: North Central
NAIA: Morningside
NJCAA: Mississippi Gulf Coast

Even though we mostly talk about NCAA Football, and often the FBS level of NCAA football; I name this "College Football" for a reason. College football in any division or capacity is college football. So there is my salute to the champions of this past season.

By the way, I briefly saw a YouTube video talking about how the NCAA is planning to bring back the NCAA Football video games. This comes from the NCAA wanting to pay players for their likeness and name in these games. It would be interesting seeing this series return, especially with a lot of the colleges and universities that are playing in today's modern college football landscape.

Thanks for reading! I hope to get a thread going for the 2020 season... or maybe someone else may beat me to it. Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed the 2019 season of college football!

Back