College Football Bowl pick 'em (win a 1 yr. premium)

• Thread starter Nicksfix
  • 71 comments

Nicksfix

OSU Buckeyes baby !!!
Premium
United States
Buckeye Nation
As the thread title says ... pick 'em and win a 1 year premium membership.

There are 35 College Bowl games listed. All you have to do is just pick the majority to win. I'm not going to do the points thing or anything of the sort, all you have to do is pick one team or the other. It's that easy. Or is it ? We all know that on any given day in the world of College Football that anyone can be beat. If you have the most wins after it's all said and done, your name will be in red.

In the case that there would be a tie between members ...
Please read the following. Any questions, feel free to ask.

This BCS National Championship Game will / could determine the winner of the contest. With this pick you MUST pick the correct winner along with the amount of points (combined total for both teams) WITHOUT GOING OVER the final posted score. The one who picks the winning team and gets closest to the total will be declared the winner. In a case where nobody picks the correct team, then it will come down to the points. Closest without going over the total will win. In a case where members may be tied (1) chooses 'Bama and (1) chooses N.D., (and assuming N.D. would win), the player who chose N.D. will win regardless of the points total ... simply due to picking the correct team which in turn would give him that extra win. Questions ?

For now, all I can only list the games to be played. I have no inclination (yet) as to who will be playing who in whatever game. There are still games to be played and decided upon before I can list them to their appropriate Bowl Game.

Once all of the games are listed, please use this format.

Going in a vertical fashion, write in the numbers 1-35. Beside each number, please write down your team pick in the order as it will be played. I can not and will not be held responsible for any errors on your behalf ... sorry. List them accordingly please, thank you.

Example :

1 - team A
2 - team B
3 - team C

etc., etc., etc.

As far as the BCS National Championship Game goes, not only will you need to write down your pick, beside it, you must also pick the total points scored by both entrants.

Example :

Discover BCS National Championship Game - team X total points incurred by both teams 56

Any member can enter. If your already a premium member you will have the option of expanding your current membership. Or, if you are already a lifetime premium member, you may option to have your winning donated to a non premium member of this forum. If you are a Moderator you may choose the member of your choice to win a premium membership as well.

The deadline for this entry will be Wednesday, December 12th. This will give me 2 days to make of list of all the entrants to keep track of their progress.

LIST OF PLAYERS
Nicksfix
Blitz24
D3ATHS1NBUNCH3S
Sanji Himura
Jahgee1124

Good luck to all who enter !!!

-----> College Football Bowl Games sheet <-----

Total points taken (a number may be chosen only once ... tie breaker purposes) 31 * 33 * 35 * 36 * 51

Last edited:
As the thread title says ... pick 'em and win a 1 year premium membership.

There are 35 College Bowl games listed. All you have to do is just pick the majority to win. I'm not going to do the points thing or anything of the sort, all you have to do is pick one team or the other. It's that easy. Or is it ? We all know that on any given day in the world of College Football that anyone can be beat. If you have the most wins after it's all said and done, your name will be in red.

In the case that there would be a tie between members ...
Please read the following. Any questions, feel free to ask.

This BCS National Championship Game will / could determine the winner of the contest. With this pick you MUST pick the correct winner along with the amount of points (combined total for both teams) WITHOUT GOING OVER the final posted score. The one who picks the winning team and gets closest to the total will be declared the winner.

For now, all I can only list the games to be played. I have no inclination (yet) as to who will be playing who in whatever game. There are still games to be played and decided upon before I can list them to their appropriate Bowl Game.

Once all of the games are listed, please use this format.

Going in a vertical fashion, write in the numbers 1-35. Beside each number, please write down your team pick in the order as it will be played. I can not and will not be held responsible for any errors on your behalf ... sorry. List them accordingly please, thank you.

Example :

1 - team A
2 - team B
3 - team C

etc., etc., etc.

As far as the BCS National Championship Game goes, not only will you need to write down your pick, beside it, you must also pick the total points scored by both entrants.

Example :

Discover BCS National Championship Game - team X total points incurred by both teams 56

Any member can enter. If your already a premium member you will have the option of expanding your current membership. Or, if you are already a lifetime premium member, you may option to have your winning donated to a non premium member of this forum. If you are a Moderator you may choose the member of your choice to win a premium membership as well.

The deadline for this entry will be Wednesday, December 12th. This will give me 2 days to make of list of all the entrants to keep track of their progress.

Good luck to all who enter !!!

THE GAMES

Dec. 15th
Gildan New Mexico Bowl
Famous Idaho Potato Bowl

Dec. 20th
S.D. Credit Union Poinsettia Bowl

Dec. 22nd
Beef ‘O’ Brady’s St. Petersburg Bowl

Dec. 22nd
R&L Carriers New Orleans Bowl
Maaco Las Vegas Bowl

Dec. 24th
Sheraton Hawaii Bowl

Dec. 26th
Little Caesars Pizza Bowl

Dec. 27th
Military Bowl (presented by Northrop Grumman)
Belk Bowl
Bridgepoint Education Holiday Bowl

Dec. 28th
AdvoCare V100 Independence Bowl
Russell Athletic Bowl
Meineke Car Care of Texas Bowl

Dec. 29th
Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl
New Era Pinstripe Bowl
Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl
Valero Alamo Bowl
Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl

Dec. 31st
Franklin American Mortgage Music City Bowl
Hyundai Sun Bowl
AutoZone Liberty Bowl
Chick-Fil-A Bowl

Jan. 1st
TaxSlayer.Com Gator Bowl
Heart of Dallas Bowl
Outback Bowl
Capitol One Bowl
Rose Bowl (presented by Vizio)
Discover Orange Bowl

Jan. 2nd
Allstate Sugar Bowl

Jan. 3rd
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl

Jan 4th
AT&T Cotton Bowl

Jan. 5th
BBVA Compass Bowl

Jan. 6th
GoDaddy.com Bowl

Jan. 7th
Discover BCS National Championship Game : Notre Dame -vs-

Navy to the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl
Air Force to the Armed Forces Bowl
Louisiana-Lafayette to the New Orleans Bowl
BYU to the Poinsettia Bowl
Utah State to the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl.

Thanks Blitz 👍 These are the obvious ones, I will add them to the list. I can assume you are in on this ? Yup, guessed right. ;)

I don't want to make my picks until the teams are announced. Can I wait until then to select? :lol:

Yes, of course. By the deadline posted which is Wednesday December 12th, all teams / games will be listed. At that time, you must be entered. So take your time and do your homework. :lol:

As the entrants / teams roll in, they will be added to the OP A.S.A.P for the viewing.

Last edited:
Nevada to the New Mexico Bowl.
SMU to the Hawaii Bowl.

Last edited:
Nevada to the New Mexico Bowl.
SMU to the Hawaii Bowl.

Confirmed, thank you Blitz for these additions. 👍 They have been added to the OP.
Also confirmed is San Diego State's acceptance into the Poinsettia Bowl on Dec. 20th to square off against BYU.

I'm in.

So when the teams are revealed, we make our picks, correct?

I was wondering how long it would take you to get in on this. :lol:

Correct. You may enter now, but you do not need to submit your picks until the deadline. ;)

After this weekends games, the lineup should pretty much (if not all) be in place for the viewing. This should give ample time to review the teams / stats / etc.

I'll play as well. ECU is playing in either the Beef O Brady's or R+L Carriers game on the 22nd.

I'll enter. Just PM me when all of the teams are filled in because I'll more than likely forget.

Added to the Players list. 👍

* Spread sheet added to the O.P. *

If all goes well this weekend, I hope to have the spreadsheet filled out in it's entirety and posted by Sunday / Monday night.

All Bowl Games are now listed in the bottom section of the OP. (link provided)

You have 10 days to review / study / analyze / whatever .... :lol:

Keep in mind that the deadline for entry is the 12th of Dec.

Once again, good luck to all the entrants. :cheers:

I was going off of this. But upon further investigation, I see Rutgers is going to the Russell Athletic Bowl against ?

I'll make the change. Still waiting to see who will be in the Orange Bowl against Florida State, then I'll add it to the sheet.

Last edited:
Due to an inaccurate link(s), I am "temporarily" suspending the link to the Bowl Games. The last thing I want to do is mislead anyone on this. I will make it available again once all the games are set in stone.

Apologies for any inconvenience.

The link in the OP for the Bowl Games has been re-opened (with some corrections). Thanks, and again sorry for the slight inconvenience this may have caused.

We should be good to go now guys. :cheers:

Picks in ALL CAPS

New Mexico Bowl

ARIZONA

Idaho Potato Bowl

UTAH STATE

Poinsettia Bowl

BYU

Beef O' Brady's Bowl

UCF

New Orleans Bowl

UL LAFAYETTE

Las Vegas Bowl

WASHINGTON

Hawaii Bowl

SMU

Little Cesears Bowl

WESTERN KENTUCKY

Military Bowl

SAN JOSE STATE

Belk Bowl

CINCINNATI

Holiday Bowl

UCLA

Independence Bowl

UL MONROE

Russell Athletic Bowl

RUTGERS

Minieke Car Care Bowl

TEXAS TECH

New Era Pinstripe Bowl

WEST VIRGINIA

Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl

ARIZONA STATE

Alamo Bowl

OREGON STATE

Buffalo Wild Wings Bowl

TCU

Music City Bowl

NC STATE

Sun Bowl

USC

Liberty Bowl

TULSA

Chick Fil-A Bowl

LSU

Heart of Dallas Bowl

OKLAHOMA STATE

Gator Bowl

MISSISSIPPI STATE

Capital One Bowl

GEORGIA

Outback Bowl

MICHIGAN

Rose Bowl

STANFORD

Orange Bowl

FLORIDA STATE

Sugar Bowl

FLORIDA

Fiesta Bowl

OREGON

Cotton Bowl

TEXAS A&M

Compass Bowl

PITT

GoDaddy.com Bowl

KENT STATE

BCS National Championship

ALABAMA 17 Notre Dame 14

31 Total Pts.

Good luck to all

1. Arizona
  2. Utah State
  3. San Diego State
  4. Ball State
  5. East Carolina
  6. Boise State
  7. Fresno State
  8. Central Michigan
  9. San Jose State
  10. Cincinnati
  11. UCLA
  12. Louisiana-Monroe
  13. Rutgers
  14. Texas Tech
  15. Air Force
  16. Navy
  17. West Virginia
  18. Oregon State
  19. TCU
  20. Vanderbilt
  21. USC
  22. Tulsa
  23. LSU
  24. Oklahoma State
  25. Northwestern
  26. Georgia
  27. South Carolina
  28. Stanford
  29. Florida State
  30. Florida
  31. Oregon
  32. Texas A&M
  33. Ole Miss
  34. Kent State
  35. Alabama: 23 - Notre Dame: 13 Total Points 36

Last edited:
D3ATHS, you left a game out. The Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl ... Air Force or Rice ?

Welcome Jahgee1124. Please look at picks #3 and #9 - San Jose State on both ? I assume you meant San Diego State in the Poinsettia Bowl ? If not, I can change this for you.

*Please take note of the total points (bottom of the OP) that have been chosen so far. These cannot be chosen again once they are drawn by a player.... these are for tie breaker purposes, if needed.* Thanks.

If need be, anyone may change their picks at any time. Just make sure your picks are finalized by the 12th. ;)

D3ATHS, you left a game out. The Bell Helicopter Armed Forces Bowl ... Air Force or Rice ?

Welcome Jahgee1124. Please look at picks #3 and #9 - San Jose State on both ? I assume you meant San Diego State in the Poinsettia Bowl ? If not, I can change this for you.

*Please take note of the total points (bottom of the OP) that have been chosen so far. These cannot be chosen again once they are drawn by a player.... these are for tie breaker purposes, if needed.* Thanks.

If need be, anyone may change their picks at any time. Just make sure your picks are finalized by the 12th. ;)

I did mean San Diego State, I guess submitting picks while tired is a bad idea. :)

^
Thanks 👍 It shall be edited for you.

To all players : Please re-read the bold section of the OP, as I had to edit it due to a question which arose over the PS3 last night. It concerns the tie breaker .... just in case of.

Still confused as to how to submit. Do I type the winners and confidence for each game (1-35)?
Like Ex:
Notre Dame 1
Arizona 2.... etc.

Still confused as to how to submit. Do I type the winners and confidence for each game (1-35)?
Like Ex:
Notre Dame 1
Arizona 2.... etc.

No, there are 35 bowls, the numbers are in order earliest 1 NC 35

Blitz, if you can list them in the order that they will be played, that would be great. Thanks.

Back