Colour Commentary

  • Thread starter Thread starter sUn
  • 30 comments
  • 851 views

sUn

(Banned)
Messages
3,560
What are your thought's on having detailed Colour Commentary(sp?) in GT4? I personally wouldn't mind it, it would be fun racing while the commentator would be saying; " The Toyota Supra is accelarating fast, beside the Skyline, now it's upto 150mph, it's past the Skyline! 180mph, the Supra passes the drag racing finish line. "

What are your thoughts?
 
That would be cheesy and repetitive. I got so sick of the color commentary in [instert sports game here]. 👎
 
Yes I agree it would be cheesy, This game is made by PD not EA sports.
 
Ive always been a fan of environmental realism.......Yeah it would be a great idea, the only problem I could see would be the amount of recording of commentary that they would need to do!!

They have to record at least 500 different phrazes for 500 cars or probably even more...!!!!

"The Mercedes SL55 has been overtaken....."
"The Mercedes SL55 drops back through the field....."
"The Mercedes SL55 has taken the lead"...."

......You get the idea!.....they could have like 10 per car!...then you have different situations and all the different tracks!

Other than that...it would be hugely cool.......They could also do the pit crew talking to you over the radio of somthin!

Robin :D
 
the pit crew is more like it.. you dont bloody listen to the commentary while racing!
 
Well on gt4 online im sure there will be championships recorded and played wiht some kind of person telling about the racers... that would be kool but would get anoying after along time in game mode.
 
That'd be cool. We already have commericals being added to gt4, so why not commentary?
 
It would be even better if we had an option in the Options menu to turn it On or Off.
 
'' FlyingScotsman:

Yeah.. the Sony guys...

We met the development team behind the great Gran Turismo series of playstation games.. including the man himself... Kazunori Yamauchi - the creator of the Gran Turismo franchise.

They were there with various interesting cars and people... like Aston Martin DB9s.. the Zak Speed Vipers.. Kramer Porsches... Subaru Impreza STi 'C' Spec... Nismo 350Z...AND Johnny Herbert (DRIVING the DB9!) *****filming for the advertising slots for the game!******

Kazunori said that the game would be released in time for Christmas. But there was a hint that because the licenses for Porsche (EA Sports) and Ferrari (Sega) expire on the turn of the new year.. they may release the game late...''
http://gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=46092&page=3
 
Toca Race Driver had pretty good 'over the radio' pit crew conversation and when you came into the pits you would hear them shouting and rushing to get the cars back out.......that would be some good audio.

"come on.......move move move!!!!"

The pits could tell you race information like how far ahead you are.....what postion.....come in to pit.....stuff like had could back up what the HUD is telling you!

Robin
 
robin2223
Toca Race Driver had pretty good 'over the radio' pit crew conversation and when you came into the pits you would hear them shouting and rushing to get the cars back out.......that would be some good audio.

"come on.......move move move!!!!"

The pits could tell you race information like how far ahead you are.....what postion.....come in to pit.....stuff like had could back up what the HUD is telling you!

Robin

I like over the radio pit crew stuff, but not commentry like im watching the race not driving it.
 
Nah, it would be cheesy. But this pit crew stuff sounds good. Some cheering to get out of the pits as fast as possible...I could go for that..
 
As you see, there will be commericals in gt4. PD is really changing the gt series. I remember Kaz saying something like, GT4 wont be gt any more or something like that. I think I see what he means. I wouldn't be surprised if there were more human characters in gt4, like a checker guy.
 
They need the re-fuelling guy......the tire gun men that rase their hands when they have changed the wheel......and the stop/go sign guy.......with all the sounds to go with it.....(wheel gun drilling sound) 👍
 
cobragt
As you see, there will be commericals in gt4.

What do you mean there will be commericals in gt4?
 
Maybe commericals on the loading screen, wouldn't it be cooler to see a commerical car related than a little load sign? I dont know how PD will pull this off but I'm very interested. You read what I quoted from above?
"filming for the advertising slots for the game!"

That leads me to think there will be commericals car related or gt4 related.
 
I think now that the game has soo many different companies in it that the credits area will be like 20 pages long!

I think that maybe you could start having adverts in the loading screen.....to cover the costs of PD's huge budget to make the game!

Robin
 
Ouch, bad idea. :crazy: Commentary RARELY works the way it's intended...and with so many variables and factors in GT4... just.. heck no.
 
cobragt
Maybe commericals on the loading screen, wouldn't it be cooler to see a commerical car related than a little load sign? I dont know how PD will pull this off but I'm very interested. You read what I quoted from above?
"filming for the advertising slots for the game!"

That leads me to think there will be commericals car related or gt4 related.
Not in the game.... for TV to advertise the game... just like with GT3. Although this time they might be more serious and have amazing racing shots as opposed to the comedic ones for GT3.
 
Silly Cobra.

commentary would be all right for replays, but it wouldn't add a lot. Do your own commentary if you want it so bad, lol!
 
commentaries would be a cool idea if you could turn them off when you got sick of them, but on the other hand, sound files are big and this would ammount to alot of sound files and i'd rather have more cars/tracks that sound files
 
That would be fun. could get a little anoying though. It would be if you could switch the comantary on and off.
 
I like the idea of pit radio effects, but not the in race commentary. I've never heard it work yet. Besides in race commentary is more about the drivers and not the cars. For example they talk about Jenson Button leading a race and not the BAR leading the race all the time.

Cheers

Jamie
 
Little vocal tips in the pits wouldn't be bad. As long as they were well thought out. Not just "go faster" or "slow down". More like "take it easier on the tyres" and "speed up in sector #".
I would hate full game commentary. The *high voice* Mercedes SLK *normal voice* is off to a good start.
 
Maybe communication with the pit crew, but no commentary, the power of cheese has been harnessed in my socks, and it has to stay there.
 
^ LOL! agreed... on the commentary, not the cheese... i don't know you like that ;)

Pit Crew stuff ok... but i'd prefer text as to voice overs... eg "You have 2+ laps of fuel left" "You should come in for tires in the next 3 laps" "You must pit next lap to fulfill your drive through penalty" :sly: something like that
 
Im pretty sure it would get too repetitive and would ruin the sound of the car.
 
Ugh... 👎 horrible. I do my own commentary and that's good enough.

"And the Vitz is narrowly leading the Vitz, with the Vitz in 3rd now pulling away from the 4th placed Vitz, the Vitz, with the Vitz bringing up the rear. And it seems Tom that people simply do not care about this story, so we'll be cutting to our normal programming, "Puppies From Around The World"."

If you think about how much dialogue it takes to make commentary that's not inanely repetitive, you're looking at hundreds of MB gone.
 
Back