Come on guys, give us at least a slightly older F1 that we can paint ourselves

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by daibon, Aug 12, 2018 at 7:49 PM.

1. daibon

daibon

Wouldn't it be nice if we get a good F1 car that we are allowed to paint liveries the way we want? I understand we may not have the license for the new F1 cars...but a a year or two older version should be good too.

2. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

It's licensing issues more than PD issues. It's on Mercedes for this one

We do have a 1980s F1 that we can customize all we want

LotusEvoraGTE likes this.
  3. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

[​IMG]

Come back. The 3.5 v12 is all you need.

4. RedRockValley

RedRockValley

A modernized version of the Formula Gran Turismo would be great!

Just... Don’t give it a halo. Please.

GTPVenomZombie, k12power, VXR and 5 others like this.
  5. ARTAsean

ARTAsean

If they give us a FGT and it's anything other than a 2004 v10 they can stick it.

VXR likes this.
  6. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

n/a 3.5 with 7 speed flappy paddle that's it.

No wings coming out of everywhere, just make it an old school non electric aids F1 car.

dppllggr, mrnascar242424 and AlanH49 like this.
  7. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

The V10 era started when everyone was using TC and other aids though

For me anything from the start of the high nose design to the 2007 era is perfect. But maybe it's because that's what I grew up with :)

Last edited: Aug 13, 2018 at 4:13 PM
    Sander 001, Marcobzzcs, VXR and 3 others like this.
  8. Lord Protector

Lord Protector

We need a V10/V12 formula with pedal shifters :)

AlanH49 and CarreransxGT like this.
  9. AlanH49

AlanH49

Something from 1990-1994 would be ideal. They could even do V8, V10 and V12 versions with only slight modifications to the engine note, cosmetics and physics.

Some may consider these duplicates. But with the community creating liveries we could have full grids with iconic cars from the Senna, Prost, Mansell, Schumacher era.

This should be a priority for PD.

nickf1gr likes this.
  10. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

That'd be lovely, but calling it a priority might be a bit of a stretch

11. baldgye

baldgye Premium

To be honest, I wish the W08 handled seemingly like the real thing... its way too easy to get lap times out of a car that was publicly lambasted by it's own designers and team for being difficult to drive and setup!

12. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

if they have slightly diffferent external models its would be perfect.

Not sure if the different power and fuel econ of the 3 versions makes a huge diff except for people like us who appreciate these things.

Because its so good it wont happen lol.

13. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor Premium

How much slightly older are we talking about? This.

images (4).jpeg

14. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

I'd only go back to 1967 as I have a lot of nostalgia for the legendary "Grand Prix Legends"... I'd be willing to pay actual DLC money if they did the Lotus 49, Brabham BT24, the Ferrari 312, the BRM H16, the Eagle Weslake.

candycab and Alpha Cipher like this.
  15. Magog

Magog

You do realize they literally already have that right?

[​IMG]

16. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

Yeah the F1500 doesnt do it for me... neither did the Senna Lotus 97 in GT6.

Marcobzzcs and daibon like this.
  17. daibon

daibon

The F1500 is ugly..short stub! Eeeew! :)

18. Crazy Taylor

Crazy Taylor Premium

Thinking more like 10, maybe 20 years ago.

19. AlanH49

AlanH49

Cars and tracks are a priority. A generic F1 car from this era will engage the community and attract fans who have no other outlet for this era of F1.

An F3500 could be made with a low nose (Williams, McLaren, Ferrari, Jordan etc.), high nose (Benetton), and somewhere in between (Tyrrell). The rear could be made distinctive just be changing the wing end-plates. It’s a relatively simple 3D model with artistic license.

V8, V10, V12 options are not a deal breaker. It just seems a very simple way to up car count and cater to hardcore fans.

While we’re at it add the following classes (rather than putting everything into Grp.X).

F1H (2014 onwards)
    F3500 (1988-1994)
    F1500T (1982-1987)

*Bonus Group C Prototypes (1982-1993)

All the above are relatively simple changes to class structure to increase the scope of GT Sport. With the series goal reaching 500+ cars it would be silly to cram everything into existing classes.

20. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

GTS focuses more on sports car racing, with F1 an added feature. That's why I think it's more of a bonus than a priority. F1 2017/8 does a really good job at what you're saying though. Not only do they have current F1 cars, they also included historic F1s from almost every era. I recommend you check it out

21. RedRockValley

RedRockValley

While GTS does indeed focus more on sports car racing, having more variety when it comes to racing wouldn't hurt.

If we can race kei cars, crazy concept cars and classic cars then I'm sure PD could add in more open-wheel racers. I'm not saying fill the game with F1 licenses, just a bit more F1 cars to choose from really. Hell, they could even add an IndyCar for oval racing!

Marcobzzcs, daibon and Alpha Cipher like this.
  22. Alpha Cipher

Alpha Cipher

That's exactly my point. More F1s, or actually more cars in general, wouldn't hurt and is a nice bonus :cheers:
    It's just that given the focus of the game, it's not a priority

23. RedRockValley

RedRockValley

To be honest, I think Polyphony should give open wheel racers their own class.

Having them lumped in with Group X doesn’t feel right. In my opinion, an open wheel class could bring some new and interesting Sport mode races!

the_boy likes this.
  24. Scuderia Paul

Scuderia Paul

I would love to see a fictional V10 F1 car arrive. The Ferrari F2004 in Assetto Corsa is possibly the most intoxicating drives I have ever had, so to bring a car that could at least emulate some of that joy would be terrific.

Also, a lower level open wheeler would be nice too. A F3 style car would be a fantastic addition.

However, I will always remain hopeful of seeing a Super Formula added to Gran Turismo.

25. Spongeinside

Spongeinside

Ooh I’d love to see a car from that time period.. :drool:

26. banckzy

banckzy

It's a shame the 1500T has been neglected since release. Made one appearance in the dailies and them boom it was never to be seen again.

Ford Raptor on the other hand :banghead:

27. golfer07840

golfer07840

I'm all for an Indy car and of course Indianapolis Speedway, but I'm sure that's just a pipe dream.

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  28. TonyJZX

TonyJZX

I'm not a huge fan of Indycars or Nascar but I feel like their should always be a piecemeal recognition of these classes.

A generic Indycar maybe two, since there's only two car types now and maybe three types of generic Nascars and maybe even a generic 2.6 mile super speedway like Talladega so we have something here.

Back in GT6 they had just about everyone right? Even Aus. V8 supercars and BTCC slash DTM type cars.

I'm not saying we should have a three car up to date licensed DTM class just like Japanese Super GT but even a few generics goes a long way.

golfer07840 likes this.
  29. golfer07840

golfer07840

I'm not a NASCAR person either. However, I agree, It be cool to have a NASCAR and a real NASCAR track.

Alpha Cipher likes this.
  30. Stephan

Stephan Premium

GTPVenomZombie, dppllggr and nickf1gr like this.