Come on, why didn't PD include these?

  • Thread starter Thread starter uMadson?
  • 52 comments
  • 6,439 views
Messages
6,055
Philippines
Cebu
Messages
SayakaMiki1337
Messages
Kawauchi2568
I've seen already millions of rants about DLC, so sorry if I'm just making another trash thread. But just check out this video:



Yes, this is the trailer of GTPSP. But the trailer looks like it's in GT5 quality, right? That means that they have already modeled out higher quality versions of the tracks! Come on PD, why didn't you guys include these tracks? Even the classics like El Capitan, there's no need for stupid licensing stuff because it's your original work and yet it wasn't carried on to GT5?

facepalm-homer.jpg


Just sharing what I have noticed. What do you guys think of it?
 
Last edited:
I don't know why people ask questions like these here, how are we supposed to know why they didn't include them?
 
Yes, I noticed that the quality is HD but I don't know...I'd really like more dirt tracks.
 
Hang on, me and Kaz are good buddies, I'll shoot him a text. Watch here for a reply.

/Sarcasm
 
Thats the old gt game on psp right?(with sweet noisia) well, all i can say is, PD works in mysterious ways.
 
Edit: To mods, please delete this post.
 
Last edited:
I've seen already millions of rants about DLC, so sorry if I'm just making another trash thread. But just check out this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKihk5LIszk

Yes, this is the trailer of GTPSP. But the trailer looks like it's in GT5 quality, right? That means that they have already modeled out higher quality versions of the tracks! Come on PD, why didn't you guys include these tracks? Even the classics like El Capitan, there's no need for stupid licensing stuff because it's your original work and yet it wasn't carried on to GT5?

facepalm-homer.jpg


Just sharing what I have noticed. What do you guys think of it?

It's sad they didn't. There are some tracks which are very enjoyable and nostalgic in that video like, Citta di Aria, Swiss Alps, Chamonix, Midfield Raceway, Costa di Amalfi or Seattle. It would be really awesome if those tracks were in GT5.
 
Moontallico
It's sad they didn't. There are some tracks which are very enjoyable and nostalgic in that video like, Citta di Aria, Swiss Alps, Chamonix, Midfield Raceway, Costa di Amalfi or Seattle. It would be really awesome if those tracks were in GT5.

If pd gave us a better way of creating tracks, then we could make 'em ourselves, and they could concentrate on more important things.
 
Seeing this, just pissed me right off!
All the old GT4 tracks I miss, in what seems to be GT5 quality, yet not included.
 
The details of the tracks are exactly the same in this video and in game (GTPSP). This is a render with added effects and it is smoothed out.
 
I've only seen videos of the GT4 tracks, but from what I see...
El Capitan > Trial Mountain
Midfield > Autumn Ring
Seoul and Seattle > Madrid
And they should really have the test course, I want to test my cars top speed without loading SSR7, which takes a hell of a long time!
 
I've seen already millions of rants about DLC, so sorry if I'm just making another trash thread. But just check out this video:



Yes, this is the trailer of GTPSP. But the trailer looks like it's in GT5 quality, right? That means that they have already modeled out higher quality versions of the tracks! Come on PD, why didn't you guys include these tracks? Even the classics like El Capitan, there's no need for stupid licensing stuff because it's your original work and yet it wasn't carried on to GT5?

facepalm-homer.jpg


Just sharing what I have noticed. What do you guys think of it?


HAHAHAHA.jpg
:)
 
Something tells me this thread is going to be filled with trolls..
 
They appear to merely be upscaled gt4 tracks.
 
Why delete this thread? This should be brought up. The game lacks content and it's inexcusable considering the content has long been available. Let's not beat around the bush on this one folks, Gran Turismo 5 lacks the content that is well, there, but for another reason not implemented.

I mean honestly, why not at least mention why a large amount of content was scrapped.

The. Game. Lacks. Content.

End of story.
 
But the trailer looks like it's in GT5 quality, right? That means that they have already modeled out higher quality versions of the tracks!
No it doesn't.
 
Damn!!! This makes me mad!!! :crazy:

So this is the reason GT5 is so small: GTPSP... maybe they lost more time than I ever imagined making this spin-off game... :ouch:

This sucks, sucks, SUCKS... :sick:

PD, you failed... don't EVER do another GT for portable consoles... EVER...👎

Those tracks must come to GT5...
 
Why didn't they?

I'm going to go with, "because making things look good on the 480x272 screen of the PSP requires a LOT less detail than making things look good in a game that's running at 1080p and it's a lot less time-intensive to pre-render a select few shots at high-res for a trailer than it is optimize everything for real-time rendering in the actual game."
 
Well, I have checked a few other threads about the pre-modeled tracks that never went to GT5. They did make some of the others. The tracks tracks in the trailer may be GTPSP tracks that were just rendered more smoothly but those findings says that they already have the files for the tracks.

Grindenwald's case also supports my stand. How can this classic track be excluded from GT5 and yet it's used for the FT-86 II trailer?
 
Anytime you see a sneak peak of something that isn't in the game used for promotion, its normally because its going to arrive later as DLC.
Having said that since GT6 is apparently on the drawing boards I wouldn't be surprised to see the other half of the game turn up there. I also believe it will be released on the PS3 and not on the "next, next generation".

Since I've had a good go at this game now, it appears PD were flat out rendering cars for the majority of the development time, but the point of no return arrived and Sony would have said "get it out there now with whatever content you have to date." "You can continue working on the rest and we will use any further content as DLC or to fastrack the release of GT6". ( which I imagine will just use all the GT5 cars with better single player modes and perhaps less standards and more premiums).

They needed to strike while iron was hot and six years was about as long as would have been permisable. GT is the face of PS racing and its absence from the racing genre has been a huge hole in Sonys corporate scheme, not to mention anyone whos been waiting for a decent racing game on a next gen system.
What really stands out to me is the A and B spec seem very rushed and tacked on at the end. I got no problem with the prize car being a Lupo but I don't need two, one from A spec and another from B spec that is just assinine. Its like they just mirrored A spec. That certainly wasn't six years in the making. I bet that was done over a couple of rushed weeks when they got the order it was now or never.

While I'm here can anyone give me a reason why I would want to complete an endurance race that earns you next to nothing and wins you nothing you couldn't just buy? and I will probably have the potential to win two of them, yay.
 
Why didn't they?

I'm going to go with, "because making things look good on the 480x272 screen of the PSP requires a LOT less detail than making things look good in a game that's running at 1080p and it's a lot less time-intensive to pre-render a select few shots at high-res for a trailer than it is optimize everything for real-time rendering in the actual game."

Doesn't GT5 run at 720p not 1080?
 
Lol, no my friend came over saw my TV and said the same thing. You guys got a setting to change somewhere or your TVs maybe only support 1080i or 720P?
 
GT5 doesn't run at true 1080p (it actually runs at 1280x1080 or something like that), but it fakes it to the extent that no TV should tell the difference.
 
I don't know why people ask questions like these here, how are we supposed to know why they didn't include them?

We are here to discuss such. Thanks for your input!
 
GT5 doesn't run at true 1080p (it actually runs at 1280x1080 or something like that), but it fakes it to the extent that no TV should tell the difference.

I thought thats what 1080p was... that, with a progressively built up picture display top to bottom once per frame instead of the twice over for one doing even/odd lines separately. Or did i totally misread the info that i got that from?

On-topic, i remember that in one of the trillions of promo GT5 videos, the EXACT shot of the snow track with the celica and corolla rally cars was used, as it is on the PSP intro movie... Can anyone remember which it was??? Because its REALLY annoying me, even more now as it (sort of) supports the idea that the PSP movie was done with a GT5 package and not the PSP graphics engine.

Either that or they mis-took that piece of the PSP movie a,t what i think is Ice Arena, for a GT5 shot at the Chamonix track...
 
Back