Come on, why didn't PD include these?

  • Thread starter Thread starter uMadson?
  • 52 comments
  • 6,439 views
ot sure if that are GT5 quality tracks, but I have noticed that in GT5 there are a lower amout of tracks compared to GT4. I loved tracks like El Capitán.
 
Good question. They were ok with having standard cars, why not standard tracks? Besides, it's not like all the tracks GT5 has equal quality and features (weather/night).
 
Has everyone forgotten tge pod track from gt:concept?
 
^ Me, no:



^ I want this track too (without the ramp of course). :)
 
The Vanishing Boy
^ Me, no:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5KLc1t0caYM">YouTube Link</a>

^ I want this track too (without the ramp of course). :)

Me personally want the ramp it was amazing. Also I want the Toyota Pod.
 
There is no telling if they werent GT2/3/4 tracks emulated on a pc with a few graphic tweaks, better textures, smoother models just for a promo vid. None of the tracks have that much detail outside the edge of the track.

its all moving so fast its hard to tell how detailed it actually is, the tunnel at 2.02 doesn't look that good
 
I thought thats what 1080p was... that, with a progressively built up picture display top to bottom once per frame instead of the twice over for one doing even/odd lines separately. Or did i totally misread the info that i got that from?

"Official" 1080p is 1920x1080. 720p is 1280x720.

GT5 renders at 1280x1080 and then stretches the result horizontally when outputting to a 1080p device.

It's still a hell of a lot more demanding of detail than is required for the 4.3-inch (3.8-inch for the PSP Go) 480x272 screen on the PSP.
 
Seriously?
The graphical detail (polygons) is exactly the same in the video and in-game.
That is not gameplay. It's a render of the various cars and tracks. Game promo videos look and will always look better than actual gameplay because they are pre-rendered on a powerfull computer. Computers will have trouble rendering that in real time, thats why it looks worse in game.
 
I've only seen videos of the GT4 tracks, but from what I see...
El Capitan > Trial Mountain
Midfield > Autumn Ring
Seoul and Seattle > Madrid
And they should really have the test course, I want to test my cars top speed without loading SSR7, which takes a hell of a long time!

I disagree with your El Capitan - Trial Mountain, I reckon it's El Capitan - Eiger Nordwand, since both have good scenery and dirt variations
 
I want tighter tracks.
Tracks that makes passing almost impossible.
Which is PERFECT for rally.
Current rally tracks are wide as highways.
 
Ecchi-BANZAII!!
I want tighter tracks.
Tracks that makes passing almost impossible.
Which is PERFECT for rally.
Current rally tracks are wide as highways.

Rally race seasonal events. At least.
 
-> ...
Isn't that just SSR 5 shortened to just the main straight plus the pits?
^ Pretty much the POD Track used its (very) lengthy pit area of the Clubman Stage R5, installed some layouts, and that wacky ramp.

66660-gran-turismo-concept-2002-tokyo-geneva-playstation-2-screenshot.jpg


clubman_sr5_165x168.gif


I want tighter tracks.
Tracks that makes passing almost impossible.

Which is PERFECT for rally.
Current rally tracks are wide as highways.
^ Aria and Amalfi from GT4 was quite decent. But I hope PD should add this too:

Gunsai Touge (From Best MOTORing/Hot Version DVD series)
gunsaitougerbs.jpg


:indiff:
 
hum.... I think the PD must stop thinking about the development of GT6 right now, delete the Version number "5" ,just call it "GT"~
Put back all previous game content , do a never ending free upgrade of new cars new tracks new system.
Then:
1 year later,we got 1500 cars, 100 tracks, 2 years later,we got 1750 cars,
125 tracks, 3 years later, 2000 cars, 150 tracks, brand new 6th gen physic engine.
That's Great!:dopey:
 
hum.... I think the PD must stop thinking about the development of GT6 right now, delete the Version number "5" ,just call it "GT"~
Put back all previous game content , do a never ending free upgrade of new cars new tracks new system.
Then:
1 year later,we got 1500 cars, 100 tracks, 2 years later,we got 1750 cars,
125 tracks, 3 years later, 2000 cars, 150 tracks, brand new 6th gen physic engine.
That's Great!:dopey:

Yeah and how is PD going to pay its employees?
 
Has anyone seen this trailer http://youtu.be/8QZacNDd6vI
It's a Promotional video for the new Toyota Sports Car FT-86, the first concept of it before GT5 came out. Now the video clearly shows rendered in GT5 quality, a harbour of some sort, and some mountain track that I can't recognise. It's all rendered to GT5 graphics so obviously Polophony have modelled it.
Thoughts?
 
Another I want I want thread. Geez people calm down.

I know everyone here thinks GT5 is the best racing game and very passionate it, hence all the complaints and short comings of GT5.

Lets just play the game for what it is for now and maybe later on we'll get tracks and cars or whatever.
 
I got to admit though that I made this thread before without enjoying the least-played tracks in GT5. Amidst all the raving and ranting, it's best to enjoy GT5 as a whole before asking for DLC. 👍

Lol @ TheFlyingKiwi, "Polophony" :lol:
 
I honestly do car if it's PS2 quality I want all all the tracks from GT3-4.
 
Did anyone notice the premium-looking Veyron?
 
Tracks I recognized: Cita di Aria, Grand Canyon, Seoul, New York, Seattle Circuit, Costa di Amalfi, El Capitan... Brings back so much memories... Man I'm gonna take out GT4 and play for a while. These tracks were awesome.
 
Back