Coming from Forza - unbelievable bad sounds in GT6

• Thread starter batman291
  • 26 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I´m amazed how bad GT6´s engine sounds are. Bought a Type R civic, one of the best sounding engines ever with its v-tec note, but GT6 simply destroys this - absoletely no V-tec sound at all!!! Next I bought a BMW 330I with a straight 6. Same story, lovely engine note in real life, but in GT6 I might aswell starter the vacuumcleaner(no kidding).

Been playing Forza for some time now, and switching to GT series was a HUGE let down comparing to engine sounds.

We all can agree that Gran Turismo's weakest link is in the sounds. Some others will say racing, but its REAL weakest link is in the sound quality. Game series like Forza Motorsport and Need for Speed put GT to shame in sounds. Actually, I could jokingly say that you don't play Gran Turismo for sound quality. Sound HAS gotten better. Just not good enough to blow you away, though.

So I definitely can agree with you in respect to sounds in GT. I don't even own any XBOX, but I have played a few Forza titles as well as listen to sounds in Forza videos online.

Not when you are driving an electric car!

Except when PD dubs V8 noises onto them in trailers, anyway.
That is rather ironic, the dubing of real engine sounds in there trailers and videos...

Not as obvious in other games as the in game sound is much closer to the real sound... But everyone does it, but it really sticks out like a sore thumb in GT... Like booting up a new HD action film and only getting mono sound...

The sound update is coming and the end result will blow us away - I truly believe that.

The problem is - I don't know if I'll still play video games in 2023. :lol:

Haha - the day we get a GT with proper engine sound - that day will be in calendar and people will say things like "Yeah I remember that day - I just came back from work and there were Spaghetti for dinner" :gtpflag:

Yep, GT6, GT5, GT4, GT3, GT2, and GT1 sounds are all crap. I load up NFS shift 2 sometimes just to hear a good sounding game. PD, you're a disappointment. Either that, or Kaz is deaf.

Hope GT gets an update soon as I'm convinced the tinny sounds is effecting my hearing :grumpy:
Prepare to be disappointed, because I highly doubt that's for GT6. :\

Also I agree with the OP. It may not bother me, but I wish the sounds were better.

We all can agree that Gran Turismo's weakest link is in the sounds. Some others will say racing, but its REAL weakest link is in the sound quality.

I think the sound debacle has gone on so long that fans won't be happy with just better sounds anymore like they would have been with GT5, they have to be great, blow us away great. We now have too many examples of spectacular sound to settle for "good" sounds. Listen to the BMW from 0:36 to 0:42 seconds and then listen to the same car in GT..will you settle for something halfway in between now?

If I´m not mistanken engine note is a huge part of driving, for me anyway.

Haha, I come mostly from a Need For Speed background when it comes to racing games so I know the importance of sound. It still matters, I'm just too concentrated cornering to care much anymore.

Ppeople play GT for the driving. At least I do.
I think the sound of the engine is a big part of the driving pleasure though. I agree with your sentiment but i feel the sound is almost as important as the actual act of driving. And the engine sounds in GT6 leave a lot to be desired.

I think the sound of the engine is a big part of the driving pleasure though. I agree with your sentiment but i feel the sound is almost as important as the actual act of driving. And the engine sounds in GT6 leave a lot to be desired.
Just drove both the S2000 and Lancia Integral, and what a disappoint regarding sound. The engine sounds on these two have absolutely nothing to do with the real thing.

Some are talking about a sound patch?

Which? Haven´t found one yet. I really think the engine sounds in GT is a joke.
There's the Mazda 787B, all of the Honda HSV-010GTs, all of the Red Bulls, the McLaren F1 road car, and quite a few others. Not all of them are terrible.

Which? Haven´t found one yet. I really think the engine sounds in GT is a joke.
Those mentioned above and the Lexus IS-F, Spoon Integra with Sport exhaust, Camaro SS, Challenger SRT8, Boss 302 Mustang, etc, etc. Most of those are with stock exhaust though except for the Integra.

Highly recommend the Red Bull Jr.

There's the Mazda 787B, all of the Honda HSV-010GTs, all of the Red Bulls, the McLaren F1 road car, and quite a few others. Not all of them are terrible.
The HSV?? That engine sound was taken directly from the F1s and Red Bulls from GT5! They're not new.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back