Coming over to iracing

Once I get my new pc built, I'll give iracing a proper try. While it's certainly not thee reason I bought the pc, it may be another reason to enjoy it.

Judging from the tip the video posted just above, I'm guessing you get prompted out of Rookie class (and all classes?) by a blend of your speed and safety rating?

Jerome

Once I get my new pc built, I'll give iracing a proper try. While it's certainly not thee reason I bought the pc, it may be another reason to enjoy it.

Judging from the tip the video posted just above, I'm guessing you get prompted out of Rookie class (and all classes?) by a blend of your speed and safety rating?

Jerome

it’s purely based on safety. If you come last every race and keep it clean you’ll advance in no time. You just won’t have much fun

@Jump_Ace ... You really only need to be safe to advance. Once you participate in so many races (from memory its only about 4) in any class and prove you are safe (build safety rating SR) you can advance to the next license class.
Your speed (iRating) just determines what split you end up in. If there are not many people registered for a race you can have a wide spread of iRatings to fill the grid... If lots of people racing it will split everyone up to be matched with people of equal IR.

The key to rookies is really just picking and choosing your battles, make it through races without incident points and choosing what to race in the next class.... It's easier said than done, but if you take your time and learn as much as you can it will set you in good form for the higher classes.

Also have fun, don't sweat the stuff out of your control, enjoy your journey.

Back