Community Revolution ?

• Thread starter KaYibE
  • 35 comments
Portugal
Portugal
KaYibE
Hi all, hope im not doing something not legal by the forum rules, if so delete please...

The thing is, like the title mentioned i think PD should listen more often and focus in what matters for them as a business company to prosper for the future, community happy, developers happy, company sucess for long term, more and new players, more money, more licenses for tracks/cars.

Anyway, my advice its not new and after seeing Jardier video which is a sucefull SimRacer which do all the best for his and ACC community..., i decided to steal his video cause has we all know GT7 suffer a lot from the closed system PD have implemented which is not in line with modern times.

So i think its easy for them to pick a competent employee from the company whithout having to pay any extra to an external guy or team.
He or the small team work should be to survey every country GT community and GT planet aswell for private leagues running and by doing that they should contact their organisation to search for compentent people that knows how to setup the cars and people ho knows how to do proper combos for races...
Its a very easy task cause people are whilling to share their knowledge for free and do the job also.

They can easely find BOPs for every race car to fit diferent tracks so every car its more balanced to fit diferent circuits.
They can also find decent combos and more challeging or less it all depends of the goal for the formats.

It doesnt need anything complicated or losing product control. It all can be done behind the scenes.
As a price PD could give more projection to that communitys or ho knows contract some competent persons that can make PD life easier for a very small amounth..

This is the video and hope PD listen to people, their sucess its due to their job and us that love to play the game but really whant the game to improve.

So this is the video, and like ACC i think GT7 could spark more interest in other kind of players while having races and content for more casual players.
The game have the tolls and content, it just feels its wasted potential to be even better.

Last edited:
I don’t get. If you don’t like what PD offers them don’t buy the game. With their track record, I don’t understand why people don’t wait for reviews and videos before purchasing anything nowadays.

While PD may take consideration of what their player base may want, they have there own ideas and we either accept it or not.

Good luck!

I don’t get. If you don’t like what PD offers them don’t buy the game. With their track record, I don’t understand why people don’t wait for reviews and videos before purchasing anything nowadays.

While PD may take consideration of what their player base may want, they have there own ideas and we either accept it or not.

Good luck!
Yes, preordering isn't always wise. But the publishers usually try to hook people in with extra content or perks in game if you preorder. You just have to be willing to ignore those.

Last edited:

Good luck!
I suggest you guys watch the video cause you only focus on wrong subjects...
In what sentence did i say i dont enjoy the game., i love the game...
Its kinda odd that you think that, why should i bother to make a post if i did care or i didnt enjoy the game...

PD have all the telemetry, for people that undesrtand and really dive into setups and others aspects they could improve the game.
This industry its not static, companys have to evolve and improve uppon.
Dont really understand this kind of answers but well...
People really like to jump to conclusions, thats not new so i kinda understand.

They can also find decent combos and more challeging or less it all depends of the goal for the formats.
There doesnt need to be any combo of cars and tracks.
To me, the solution would be all Gr.1234 on all tracks (of course, not at the same time, usually), instead of seing 3 on A, 2 on B and so on.
Wouldnt even interfere with the current way of daily/weekly races, just it seems the options that have been selected are already repetitive and makes it look like a limited pool to select from when in fact the pool is 10 times larger.

Also while the BoP settings surely are nowhere near perfect (or balanced as they try to imply), the easy way out would be having identical cars (which I personally wouldnt mind). As soon as there is a slight difference, one will always be better within a set of conditions, and with the right conditions applying more often for car A than B, car A has an advantage just because the game wants to offer different feelings (which I also dont mind).

Well, that was a complete waste of 15 minutes. The video drags on and on and on. You should never ask people to watch such a long video when you could've squeezed the point into a few sentences. Which, you already more or less did, so I don't see the point of watching the video at all.

TL;DW: Custom BoP, provided by the players

Last edited:
Hi all, hope im not doing something not legal by the forum rules, if so delete please...

The thing is, like the title mentioned i think PD should listen more often and focus in what matters for them as a business company to prosper for the future, community happy, developers happy, company sucess for long term, more and new players, more money, more licenses for tracks/cars.

Anyway, my advice its not new and after seeing Jardier video which is a sucefull SimRacer which do all the best for his and ACC community..., i decided to steal his video cause has we all know GT7 suffer a lot from the closed system PD have implemented which is not in line with modern times.

So i think its easy for them to pick a competent employee from the company whithout having to pay any extra to an external guy or team.
He or the small team work should be to survey every country GT community and GT planet aswell for private leagues running and by doing that they should contact their organisation to search for compentent people that knows how to setup the cars and people ho knows how to do proper combos for races...
Its a very easy task cause people are whilling to share their knowledge for free and do the job also.

They can easely find BOPs for every race car to fit diferent tracks so every car its more balanced to fit diferent circuits.

It doesnt need anything complicated or losing product control. It all can be done behind the scenes.
As a price PD could give more projection to that communitys or ho knows contract some competent persons that can make PD life easier for a very small amounth..

This is the video and hope PD listen to people, their sucess its due to their job and us that love to play the game but really whant the game to improve.

So this is the video, and like ACC i think GT7 could spark more interest in other kind of players while having races and content for more casual players.
The game have the tolls and content, it just feels its wasted potential to be even better.

You should definitely approach PD with this idea. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

You should definitely approach PD with this idea. Good luck and let us know how you get on.
It cant be a random person, the only thing people like us can do its email them, or expose the ideas in foruns like this and hope PD or someone in the community that have close contact with them to give them inputs.

They already know the problems i have no doubt about that, normally the hardest part its to find the solutions, the easier and less complicated the better, the game have the tools already and the content.

The magic of numbers its the solution cause theres so many competent people already doing that for free and organising competitions out of official ones, its just grab people with skills to drive the cars and people to adjust the settings of each car for each track, you select the car in a specific track and the game will load that specific BOP for that car/track instead of standart one, the thing its that each car have to be driven by the fastest drivers or probably A.I. to test the changes and optimise the driving consistency.

Small things like shorcuts in each menu for garage and other menus are very easy to implement by their teams, people shouldnt have to go back to initial menus if they realise the picked the wrong car, same for other small aspects like missing features in lobbys that they already had in previous games.
Single player content should have a fully personalised champioship option to simplify their development team, same for lobbys. Instead of one race/category people could organise a full league with decent monetary prices and so on.

I mean PD have a legion of people that can give them inputs, they just need to search in the right places.

Last edited:
I feel you are missing the most important part of this whole idea.

PD aren't interested.

It doesn't matter how good of an idea it may be or what benefits you think it might bring - PD aren't interested so it doesn't matter, nothing will come of something like this. It has been tried and suggested many times before you, by big members of the community and smaller ones, and will be suggested many times after. But it's not what PD want, so it wont happen.

PD aren't interested.

It doesn't matter how good of an idea it may be or what benefits you think it might bring - PD aren't interested so it doesn't matter, nothing will come of something like this. It has been tried and suggested many times before you, by big members of the community and smaller ones, and will be suggested many times after. But it's not what PD want, so it wont happen.
I know that, not only here, streamers and other communitys aswell, but in my country we have a "say".

"Soft water in rock solid will hit and hit until eventually make a hole" its not exactly translated but it means something like Persistence pays off.

Last edited:
Yes, preordering isn't always wise. But the publishers usually try to hook people in with extra content or perks in game if you preorder. You just have to be willing to ignore those.
I get that. The only time I did not preorder Gran Turismo was GTSport because I was not interested in an online only racing game. After I tried the demo/prerelease, I ordered anyway and I enjoyed the game even without the single player element being in it at launch.
I suggest you guys watch the video cause you only focus on wrong subjects...
In what sentence did i say i dont enjoy the game., i love the game...
Its kinda odd that you think that, why should i bother to make a post if i did care or i didnt enjoy the game...

PD have all the telemetry, for people that undesrtand and really dive into setups and others aspects they could improve the game.
This industry its not static, companys have to evolve and improve uppon.
Dont really understand this kind of answers but well...
People really like to jump to conclusions, thats not new so i kinda understand.
I did not say that. Your point seems to be that you are disappointed in what PD has given us. No problem....the game did not have what you wanted and all of that could have been alleviated if you had just did a little research before buying the game. The uproar about the game at release was intense! It is much better now than at release and you would not need a revolution if you knew before hand what was in store for you.

After playing every GT release since GT1, I have grown accustomed to what @Nebuc72 posted:

PD aren't interested.

PD gave us the game they wanted to give us. It is almost like saying you bought a tv and its missing some feature(s) you wanted. If you would do some research about televisions before you purchase one, you could find one that maybe fits your needs better. Or better yet, try to make one yourself that has what you want. The same applies to games.

Thos pre-order bonuses for GT7 weren't/aren't even useful. The bonus credits were the most useful thing and those were only given to the main account that pre-ordered unlike the cars which are given to any account on the PS4/5 console that had the pre-order account.

The cars are tagged as race cars so can't even be used in a majority of the events in the campaign outside the initial like two chili pepper events and the WTC 700/800 championships. Honestly, the preorder is not something that anyone would be missing out on.

I think they hear complaints regularly, but the only way they will listen to the complaints, is if we do the complaining with our wallets. Which let's admit it very is hard to do. I wanted to wait and see how GT7 was for a few months before I made a purchase, maybe even wait untill I had a PS5, but nope I'm awake extra early downloading it on launch day... 😅. We can't really "return" the game for a refund like on Steam, so we have already spoken($$$) the parts that they will listen to, and not just hear.

I worked for Toyota and Toyoda Gosei Canada, Japanese companies tend to have way too much internal policies, babysitting, and paperwork for no reason. It appears super organized at first until you see how much time is wasted and how it's really just keeping tabs on people. Japanese offices suck to work in because it's an "open office" where you hear everyone else's conversations and makes it awkward for some things. Basically don't count on privacy because HR sits with everyone else well they are talking to you. It's supposed to keep people honest but leads to more secrecy and toxicity. My guess is Polyphony is in their own little bubble making fishbone charts about music rally.

Last edited:

Well, I’ll make this promise to you fine sir. If you put the dozens of hours into making videos like this, I will take the 5 seconds to 👍🏼ing every be of them.

Until then, I’m just going to resolve to my default position of sitting back and throwing stones at glass houses

Honestly, poking around this forum, I kind of get why PD or any devs for that matter don't really listen to online communities. Someone in another thread says nowadays devs go off of analytics, which makes a lot of sense. Why listen to a bunch of people who may or may not even have the game or struggle with basic aspects of the game when you can see what people who definitely have the game and play it regularly actually like and dont like by their usage?

A lot of people want devs to make the game they would make if they had the change, not realizing developers were once those people as well. Except they went through the steps to actually get the game they want made, versus going online and asking someone else to do it.

Honestly, poking around this forum, I kind of get why PD or any devs for that matter don't really listen to online communities. Someone in another thread says nowadays devs go off of analytics, which makes a lot of sense. Why listen to a bunch of people who may or may not even have the game or struggle with basic aspects of the game when you can see what people who definitely have the game and play it regularly actually like and dont like by their usage?

A lot of people want devs to make the game they would make if they had the change, not realizing developers were once those people as well. Except they went through the steps to actually get the game they want made, versus going online and asking someone else to do it.
Devs do rely heavily on analytics, but analytics can only tell part of a story. They don't provide context. I spend most of my working analysing data, and without context, it's easy to make a part of oneself.

For example, analytics might say x people do the daily marathon each day, but it doesn't tell the devs how much they enjoyed it.

Logically speaking, why would one keep doing something they don't at least some get some enjoyment out of? Furthermore, if they're going to keep doing it regardless of their personal enjoyment, does that even matter?

Logically speaking, why would one keep doing something they don't at least some get some enjoyment out of? Furthermore, if they're going to keep doing it regardless of their personal enjoyment, does that even matter?
You're right, I shouldn't be completing every Lap Time Challenge...it gets me nothing. I should just stop playing altogether.

You're right, I shouldn't be completing every Lap Time Challenge...it gets me nothing. I should just stop playing altogether.
Sounds like you enjoy it, though. Like you get satisfaction of getting the times, so you can get the credits, so you can get the cars you want. But then that would be getting something out of it.

Like I said, logically speaking.

Sounds like you enjoy it, though. Like you get satisfaction of getting the times, so you can get the credits, so you can get the cars you want.
Problem is, I already have all the cars in the game. And I've already got plenty of credits.

Problem is, I already have all the cars in the game. And I've already got plenty of credits.
Ok maybe there's a break down in communication here, because it seems like, somehow, we've landed back outside of logic.

why would one keep doing something they don't at least some get some enjoyment out of?
You said:
Is this not sarcasm? Maybe I'm misunderstanding?
Which brings us back to

why would one keep doing something they don't at least some get some enjoyment out of?
How about, this time, answering the question straight up. Otherwise, you're being the exact reason why a developer wouldn't listen to people here.

Well in my case it is so I can get a chance of winning the 1M credits from the roulette ticket. I certainly do not enjoy the 5-30K credits I mostly get from it.

Well in my case it is so I can get a chance of winning the 1M credits from the roulette ticket. I certainly do not enjoy the 5-30K credits I mostly get from it.
1 million is a tall order, and you can only realistically get it from the higher stars.

I've gotten 500k half a dozen times.

Because of human psychology and fear or missing out. Plenty of people log into games just to get the daily bonuses or keep up streaks more so than because they enjoy them. Logically speaking, there are far more numerous reasons for a person doing something than just out of enjoyment.

Last edited:
It is entirely possible to play a game without necessarily enjoying it. :lol:

But that's why I mostly limit my gameplay to continuing to take part in each Lap Time Challenge. FOMO is real.

That being said, I by no means imply I don't want to have fun in GT7, but in its current form, it's simply impossible, or very limited; everything essentially boils down to producing self-imposed challenges. And online racing requires PS+ and I'm not ready to pay for it, especially in its current prices.

Last edited:
Sorry, but things just simply don't work the way you think they do in software engineering. You suggest picking a competent employee to shift roles into a community manager role so they don't have to pay anyone else or hire someone extra? Who is going to fill that person's current role? Do they even have someone who wants to do this? I would quit my job if I was transferred to a community manager role and go elsewhere.

What about the extra testing and implementation of a community driven BoP? How do you effectively gather useful feedback and filter the noise / absurd suggestions to produce a meaningful dataset of suggested balance changes to iterate upon and test for months? You could probably feed it into models for an LLM and use gen AI to parse this to map to meaningful test sets and run continuous tests with Sophy to see how BoP performs before handing it off to human QA, which would be really cool, but a very difficult project probably.

What is the actual monetary incentive to do this? It's not going to drive more sales of the game any more than just doing their internal balancing. It arguably won't even make the game better.

You make the baseless claim that it's "easy", but it's certainly not. It's a project that would require multiple people to community manage across different regions, source feedback from a variety of different languages, for no clear benefit to the business other than maybe making random forum users happy for a week before they complain again.

So you purchased a racing game to play roulette?
Because of human psychology and fear or missing out. Plenty of people log into games just to get the daily bonuses or keep up streaks more so than because they enjoy them. Logically speaking, there are far more numerous reasons for a person doing something than just out of enjoyment.
So basically unhealthy mental health habits? If not, what are some examples of someone playing a game, that they do not enjoy, that isn't an outlying situation.

So you purchased a racing game to play roulette?

So basically unhealthy mental health habits? If not, what are some examples of someone playing a game, that they do not enjoy, that isn't an outlying situation.
You seem to think that unhealthy habits are outliers for some reason. If they were, then the games industry would look at lot different today.

Latest Posts

Back