Community Revolution ?

• Thread starter KaYibE
  • 35 comments
Are...you a psychiatrist?
You can not be serious trying to play this card, in this discussion , on this forum. šŸ¤£ But to answer your question. No, my psychiatrist is.
You seem to think that unhealthy habits are outliers for some reason. If they were, then the games industry would look at lot different today.
Even if they're not, it's not PD's or any developers responsibility to the cater to them for that reason. That is, quite literally, a person problem.

You can not be serious trying to play this card, in this discussion , on this forum. šŸ¤£ But to answer your question. No, my psychiatrist is.

Even if they're not, it's not PD's or any developers responsibility to the cater to them for that reason. That is, quite literally, a person problem.
They don't cater to them, they take advatage. But you're shifting points now, ultimately, no matter what you would like to tell yourself, there are numerous reasons people do stuff that isn't just for enjoyment, including logging into video games daily. Hence the reason metrics tell a story, but not the whole story.

Sorry, but things just simply don't work the way you think they do in software engineering. You suggest picking a competent employee to shift roles into a community manager role so they don't have to pay anyone else or hire someone extra? Who is going to fill that person's current role? Do they even have someone who wants to do this? I would quit my job if I was transferred to a community manager role and go elsewhere.

What about the extra testing and implementation of a community driven BoP? How do you effectively gather useful feedback and filter the noise / absurd suggestions to produce a meaningful dataset of suggested balance changes to iterate upon and test for months? You could probably feed it into models for an LLM and use gen AI to parse this to map to meaningful test sets and run continuous tests with Sophy to see how BoP performs before handing it off to human QA, which would be really cool, but a very difficult project probably.

What is the actual monetary incentive to do this? It's not going to drive more sales of the game any more than just doing their internal balancing. It arguably won't even make the game better.

You make the baseless claim that it's "easy", but it's certainly not. It's a project that would require multiple people to community manage across different regions, source feedback from a variety of different languages, for no clear benefit to the business other than maybe making random forum users happy for a week before they complain again.
I think people get my main message wrong, i do have fun playing, i even bought Psvr2 just for GT7 alone, i mentioned its easy to put an icon in every window of game menu to acess librarys, garage, tune, like tyre shop that they add latrer cause people did gave feedback and keep giving, i do think they know the points some people mention here and in oder places.

I know the places that i can have races with the formats i like and thats in leagues organised by the communities.

I mentioned survey and more active in toutch with such commuties, there PD can see the numbers engaged and what they are doing.

I never mentioned its easy to program, and i do valor PDs job.
Its just me wishing a diferent kind of engagment with such communities arround the world that really can help PD to shape the game and improve it so more people can engage diferent formats the same way they do daily races per say...
I dont know, something like to give projection and some support to make oficial leagues in countrys. A page with info of the communities arround the world and the leagues running there whit links to their pages and streamming channels.

Im not complainning, neither drowing stones. Just giving my opinion and "feedback" cause i enjoy the game and im having fun.
Its just i think that PD could really benefit if they had a diferent kind of engagment.
The game have tons of potential and giving essy acess to information and gathering information will lead into more players having contact with the game cause theres content and races/leagues running that feet into their tastes. The daily system and combos put away a large number of people, i remember i mentioned here once that i would like to see diferent setttings for higher Ranks/splits like heavy damage, and its funny PDs its testing that now.
But engaging with communities will make their life easier cause they already give that content but many people dont know they exist.

Anyway i will get next GT game, i enjoy what PD does the game its fun and i know how to have fun with it

Just whishing PDs sucess It was not an hate post neither a complain.

So you purchased a racing game to play roulette?
Well no. I purchased the game because it was the next Gran Turismo and it was on the PS5. I continue to play because I genuinely enjoy the game. In fact, I mostly play offline except for the GTWS. The daily races have not been exiting enough to me in a long time on GT7. I may do more than just the daily mileage but that is because i enjoy trying different cars.

Next time I'll be sure to end my post with /sarcasm as it really hard to hear tone on the internet......

Latest Posts

Back