Company of heroes 3: relic stops support for console versions now.

Canada
Mtl
What a crappy news, the console version is still missing pc updates that improves the game ai, campaign etc.
Bit gutted, so little good rts on console, plus this one has an interesting strategic map part idea, that could have been further improved maybe.

Anyhow, i know it's not a big game style on here.
Shame, that's after sega dropped relic not long ago.

I was already surprised anyone is trying to put RTS on consoles.
After all I dont remember many of them except for Command&Conquer on PS1.

A bit unrelated: Consoles would do good if they just enabled mouse&keyboard inputs to all (non competitive) games, I know many people of the older generations still playing on PC with the only thing holding them to just this system is the reluctance to relearn using a gamepad. With this integration, RTS wouldnt be such a niche game category on consoles for their awkward controls in my opinion.

It was on my list and still will get it eventually but bad news indeed. FPS and RTS play better(quicker controlled) on the PC. I can live without quicker maneuvering and enjoy the game, granted if I go up against a PC user I will be at a disadvantage. I believe many games support a mouse and keyboard on the Xbox.

Well, relic themselves did specify in their info of the game that it would support m&k on ps5 and xbx, im guessing it's true.

Also there is a pause function where you can plan and put commands at your leisure, in sp at least, which is all im interested in.

Sudden strike 4 has that also, so its good to play in sp on console.

For me the dynamic campaign is the most interesting part, it was improved quite a bit since launch at least, as well as ai, bug fixes, additions, balancing, finish, difficulty selections added, etc.

They added one dlc with a few new battlegroup too.
Ill get it for sure, was waiting for it to be as good as it will get, i guess now i can get it, ill just wait for a good sale, more than 50% off hopefully.
Sega provided the porting dev, not relic.

Was thinking to get a pc almost, for pc style games, but i dont know, homeworld 3 seems disappointing, things take forever on pc to finish development, etc.
And im way over my head in games as it is.🤣

Last edited:
Sort of old news now but,
"Sega is selling “Company of Heroes” developer Relic Entertainment and laying off 240 employees across its European and UK-based teams, including Creative Assembly and Sega Hardlight."

"As a result of the sale, Relic will become an independent studio supported by an outside investor, and will proceed with work on its current titles, including “Company of Heroes 3.”

So what the future holds for Relic is not really known. But if I am correct this is the first time since the release of COH1 that Relic has been independent and able to have complete control of their direction and game creation.

I really think COH1 was the best in the franchise and COH3 has not impressed me at all, I doubt I have more than 8 hours invested in its gameplay and bought it pre order before launch day.

Back