Compete vs the Minolta?

  • Thread starter Thread starter masmullin
  • 7 comments
  • 3,784 views
Messages
119
I've recently started to use "cockpit mode" exclusively when racing. This means I can no longer use the Minolta. Are there any premium cars that can compete with that beast other than the red bull x2010?
 
Pretty much any race the Minolta will win, the Peugeot 908 and probably Audi R10 (I haven't got one yet) can too.

Mazda 787b will probably be closer though as it is a Group C racer like the Minolta.
 
Fully modded Zonda R is pretty nasty. The Corvette ZR1 Race Modified is also a pretty quick ride when it's fully tuned, however, I don't know if its quick enough to compete with the Group C/LMP cars. Your best bets though are the Peugeot, Audi or 787 as mentioned above. I'm hoping that more of these cars like the Speed 8, GT-One, LMR, R8, 905, 88C-V, C9, and XJR-9 are made premium in the forthcoming updates.
 
Thanks guys, how about the Citroen? I like the looks of that car! Can it compete?
 
Fully modded Zonda R is pretty nasty. The Corvette ZR1 Race Modified is also a pretty quick ride when it's fully tuned, however, I don't know if its quick enough to compete with the Group C/LMP cars. Your best bets though are the Peugeot, Audi or 787 as mentioned above. I'm hoping that more of these cars like the Speed 8, GT-One, LMR, R8, 905, 88C-V, C9, and XJR-9 are made premium in the forthcoming updates.

A fully tuned and set up zr1 is indeed a beast, in the right hands it knocks the teeth out of anything other than the lmp cars, gives them a good run tho!
 
I have both a Peugeot 908 and a Toyota 88c-v "minolta", I still haven't compared them in a time trial, I've driven the Peugeot a lot of times but rarely the toyota, and so far it seems that the toyota, being a standard model, is overall faster than the peugeot.
I never tune cars, i prefer testing them in their original setup. When i test them both let's say on the ring, I will let you know which one goes faster under the same conditions (original setup, same tyres, same TCS/etc..;)
 
Jay
Pretty much any race the Minolta will win, the Peugeot 908 and probably Audi R10 (I haven't got one yet) can too.

Mazda 787b will probably be closer though as it is a Group C racer like the Minolta.

This.

The Zonda R, ZR1 RM, and others are quick, but not quick enough to compete with the Group C and LMP cars. You will be able to beat the AI in A-spec with either the Zonda or ZR1, but they're not as quick. Haven't tried the Citroen Concept Race Car, but same rule apply: Purpose built race cars in the LMP and Group C category will dominate "converted" race cars every time.
 
Ok so yesterday I tested both the peugeot 908 and the toyota 88c-v on the nurburgring.
The comparison was made under the same conditions: no tuning, racing tires-hard, tcs 1, abs 1, "antislipping" (don't know what the translation is) activated.

I made two laps with the minolta, the best one in 6minutes and 5 seconds.
Then I made several attempts with the peugeot, failing most of them. The 908 is more realistic and harder to drive, it has much less traction because of the high torque, so it slides easily if you don't pay attention. In the end, I managed to run one lap in 6.15 minutes.

So for me the Toyota 88C-V is definitely faster and easier to drive.
But the Peugeot is much more emotional!
 
Back