Competition: Beat the pros on GT Sport win Goodwood FOS rally stage experience

• Thread starter KosmoKazi
  • 55 comments
Didn't realize a thread was here (Kinda wish I knew about it sooner). Doesn't look like my lap time will be on the board despite being posted well before the 23rd but here it is:

Last edited:
Apparently the "pro" drivers were using RS and some even used TC for their laps. Which definitely isn't stock. A really crappily organised tournament is you ask me.

That was my initial issue when this was started. Saw a video where RS was clearly on the cars yet the rules said stock tires (Which makes it all the more amazing that they all were beaten by that one Greek player).

They seem good at organizing the on location events, but their online organization leaves much to be desired (As indicated only by their Sunday stream loop, which is STILL going and it will have been a week since the final day in about two hours as of this post)

Last edited:
That was my initial issue when this was started. Saw a video where RS was clearly on the cars yet the rules said stock tires (Which makes it all the more amazing that they all were beaten by that one Greek player).

They seem good at organizing the on location events, but their online organization leaves much to be desired (As indicated only by their Sunday stream loop, which is STILL going and it will have been a week since the final day in about two hours as of this post)

To be fair, this is probably the first time Goodwood is entering the esports scene. Plus GT Sport isn't the most friendly game to broadcast like this (unless you're PD and has access to all the backdoor tools). There's a reason most of the top esport events during lockdown didn't use GTS.

Woah! I never expected this news!!!
woohoo.gif

In all fairness I don't see anything coming of it tbh.. They never even updated my final time to the board, so there's as much chance of winning an all expenses paid trip to the moon than them going through the list and checking if they met the regulations.. the guy on the board with a 54.3 will be announced the winner imo :P

Anyway I will count it as a moral win as I put a decent few laps in with this car straight out of the box and it wasn't easy 👍 I will update in here if I ever get contacted by Goodwood regarding this event but I wont hold my breath :lol:

readit.gif
:gtplanet:

Woah! I never expected this news!!!
woohoo.gif

In all fairness I don't see anything coming of it tbh.. They never even updated my final time to the board, so there's as much chance of winning an all expenses paid trip to the moon than them going through the list and checking if they met the regulations.. the guy on the board with a 54.3 will be announced the winner imo :P

Anyway I will count it as a moral win as I put a decent few laps in with this car straight out of the box and it wasn't easy 👍 I will update in here if I ever get contacted by Goodwood regarding this event but I wont hold my breath :lol:

readit.gif
:gtplanet:
Goodwood is among my clients, so I can make queries for you...

That would be Awesome mate thank you! I would appreciate if you could find out if any of the top times have been excluded after it closed 👍

Cheers Famine:cheers:

An update on the site and Adam Suswillo was the winner in the end.. Congrats mate that's an insane time stock :bowdown: :cheers:

october-26-am-website.jpg

No need to query that for me now Famine but thanks for the offer anyway 👍

Suswillo has been to WT Events though, does that make him a “Pro”?? You could still be the winner. :)

Suswillo has been to WT Events though, does that make him a “Pro”?? You could still be the winner. :)

Haha Cheers Pigems! 👍 That boat has sailed for me mate.. I'm happy to have finished 6th and you done a wicked job yourself finishing 9th buddy, Lets agree it's over and enjoy the top 10 finish in a very difficult combo in a stock form shopping trolley :lol: :cheers:

Haha Cheers Pigems! 👍 That boat has sailed for me mate.. I'm happy to have finished 6th and you done a wicked job yourself finishing 9th buddy, Lets agree it's over and enjoy the top 10 finish in a very difficult combo in a stock form shopping trolley :lol: :cheers:

For sure man, great lap!! :cheers: I’m plenty happy being anywhere near you, on any board. :)

An update on the site and Adam Suswillo was the winner in the end.. Congrats mate that's an insane time stock :bowdown: :cheers:

Thanks mate. And a nice time from yourself :cheers:

I can't seem to find that leaderboard on their site, so thanks for posting it ha!

I thought about that when I read the rules but I think the competition is based around 'beat the pro' racing driver - those who raced at Goodwood Speed week and also posted times on GT Sport (I'm not even sure i'd consider myself Pro, I still have a day job :lol:). I could be wrong though, let's see.

Thanks mate. And a nice time from yourself :cheers:

I can't seem to find that leaderboard on their site, so thanks for posting it ha!

I thought about that when I read the rules but I think the competition is based around 'beat the pro' racing driver - those who raced at Goodwood Speed week and also posted times on GT Sport (I'm not even sure i'd consider myself Pro, I still have a day job :lol:). I could be wrong though, let's see.

That’s cool man, I just didn’t know if you raced cars IRL or not. I’d think your fine though if that’s not the case. :) Great lap!! I hope you get to win the prize. :cheers:

Last edited:

october-26-am-website.jpg

4th will do for me!

Dillster put in a faster lap which they obviously haven't added (wouldn't have made any difference to the places). The competition was a nice distraction though, even if Goodwood melted my brain a few times in that thing!! Could have been organised/monitored better but it seems like they got the right leaderboard in the end (there was a guy who put in a 53.1 - on RSS and with a tuned car)

Welp, guess my time wasn't good enough to even be on the board then.

Last edited:
Here's an interesting video showing all the top 5 laps back to back... I notice one of the guys using the clutch with the # appearing in between his gears and some other replay the car seems to react different exiting the right hand sweeper before the stretch heading to T2. The car is a pig untuned and stutters bad in 3rd gear... that car seems too smooth? :P

It's over now but who knows what was adjusted on some of these cars really?
judge.gif
readit.gif
I think they need to adjudicate this event a tad more professionally next time they decide to run it :dopey:👍

Last edited:
@Mr P I used my gear stick as soon as I saw Matty using it. Went about 2 tenths faster than my previous lap but Goodwood still used my first lap. It wasn't worth much as there's only so many up changes on the lap.

I agree with you but at least it looks like the top 5 all stuck to the no tuning rules - the speeds look very similar.

@Adam41 that's unlucky mate. They really weren't specific with the rules they set out at the start and if they run it again hopefully they'll have learned a couple of lessons from it. Fair play to them for running one though, noticed on some of their pages people moaning at the use of a computer game. These people obviously don't realise how far real racing is out of the financial reach of most people!

@Mr P I know both Rollbay and myself scrolled through the car's settings after doing the lap. Rollbay did it instantly, mine is on the video on YouTube because it stayed on the pause screen for about a minute as I basked in the relief of not having to go around there again after finally doing a sub 55 :lol:

@Mr P I used my gear stick as soon as I saw Matty using it. Went about 2 tenths faster than my previous lap but Goodwood still used my first lap. It wasn't worth much as there's only so many up changes on the lap.

I agree with you but at least it looks like the top 5 all stuck to the no tuning rules - the speeds look very similar.

We’re you actually shifting gears with the stick, or using the clutch trick and leaving the stick in the gear with the longest shift? That may have been worth a couple of tenths on a perfect lap. :)

Back