Competitive Drifting: Comfort Hards vs Comfort Mediums.

The8thWonder

(Banned)
United Kingdom
Driftstep Rd.
MLD-Xerox
What I have here is just to bring up something I have been wondering for a while. Many competitive drivers in the GT5 drifting community enjoy drifting for fun while also being unique. Usually in competitions you'll see corvettes vipers bmws AND the occasional Spirit R RX-7 (not to forget the Camaro 10' and the IS F). These are the quicker of the competitive vehicles used (Comfort hards). But what about the rest? You have all of these unused vehicles mainly because they just cannot keep up. So here is my idea, why not allow these "slower" vehicles run on comfort mediums? Cars that wish to complete and have sick tandems such as most of the S chassis' , Z31/32 (z33/34 & Chasers may be optional) Supras, RX-7 FC, standard FDs and my favorite the Aristo.Maybe even some of the standard 60s-70s Muscle cars. So tell me what you guys think.
You guys can even try it out. Grab one of your friends. Put an FC on Mediums vs a Viper on Hards. My outcome was rather enjoyable.
So try it out, give me some feedback and hope to see you all on the track soon.

Its worth a try, but i would rather tune my FC than have a handicap to be able to keep up with a viper....ahhh 8 its ok, i forgive your dumbness:lol:

No way, I hate mediums. This would basically increase the speed of the whole field. 100% against.

1J JZX100
See 8 YOU LOSSSSEEE!! ROADHOUSE

1 who are you? Im on my phone.
2. Even with tuning you would be able to keep up on higher speed sections. Pretty sure proximity is judged.
3. Stop double posting.

Gonales
No way, I hate mediums. This would basically increase the speed of the whole field. 100% against.

Whats wrong ISF queen :lol:

eddyac
My Bluebird with 200hp can't even drift on CM good idea 👍

Didnt think about that xD sorry.

1 who are you? Im on my phone.
2. Even with tuning you would be able to keep up on higher speed sections. Pretty sure proximity is judged.
3. Stop double posting.

Whats wrong ISF queen :lol:

Stop being a baby you know who i am pancake drifter look at my name :D who drifts this?? Dont say though

You can't really talk to this forum about a tire topic 8th, most of them are Comfort Hard warriors and they aren't ready for a change. Or at least a bit of thinking to bring car classes a bit closer to each other. Me personally, I been always up for this idea, of mixing up tires to keep up with each other in different cars.

See with Ono's idea i like i dont have a problem changing like i said i like challenges BUT its the fact that its like a drug, i dont want to change CH are beast but im willing to try this

But i dont want to change my perfected style if that means just for some tires i'll leave this whole side of the drifting community before this happens witch is what im worried is going to happen even if it is tire switch

Driver skill and tuning has much more of an impact than tire choice I believe. On the same tires, I've managed to keep up with "good" drifters using vipers or corvettes. Good drifters require that I pull out something better. But using a 350z I find no lack of speed.

However, if I were to be using higher grip tires than they were, not only would my entire car's tuning be thrown slightly off (still usable however) but they gain so much more grip that it wouldn't be fair in the other direction.

In short, I don't find the use of tires as a way to boost or handicap certain cars very useful, but I *do* find the use of tires to boost or handicap certain drivers as productive.

I'm done with comps, so don't expect me to show up to participate in something like this, but that's my two cents on the matter.

GhostZ
Driver skill and tuning has much more of an impact than tire choice I believe. On the same tires, I've managed to keep up with "good" drifters using vipers or corvettes. Good drifters require that I pull out something better. But using a 350z I find no lack of speed.

However, if I were to be using higher grip tires than they were, not only would my entire car's tuning be thrown slightly off (still usable however) but they gain so much more grip that it wouldn't be fair in the other direction.

In short, I don't find the use of tires as a way to boost or handicap certain cars very useful, but I *do* find the use of tires to boost or handicap certain drivers as productive.

I'm done with comps, so don't expect me to show up to participate in something like this, but that's my two cents on the matter.

It isnt the beginning of a competition, its just to see the reason behind it because its not like you don't have tire choices irl.

It isnt the beginning of a competition, its just to see the reason behind it because its not like you don't have tire choices irl.

Then what what your doing is like asking FD or D1 to change thier tire compound to racing slicks right?
And as far as im concerned the Z33 and Z34 are one of the fastest drifting cars in the game i can beast on a ISF and vipers with those lol

1J JZX100
Then what what your doing is like asking FD or D1 to change thier tire compound to racing slicks right?
And as far as im concerned the Z33 and Z34 are one of the fastest drifting cars in the game i can beast on a ISF and vipers with those lol

1. I already stated the compounds.
2. I definitely said that those 2 were optional. You wont be competeing for a while anyway lol.

Some of y'all don't get it, I can too overtake a 1000hp viper with my 380hp FR-S. That's not the point, the slower cars have to be tuned towards understeer to keep up with faster cars right. And also get less angle to keep up. What we are thinking is a slower car with a better tire could keep up while keep it's normal tune. Therefore getting similar angles.

iNs3CuRe
Some of y'all don't get it, I can too overtake a 1000hp viper with my 380hp FR-S. That's not the point, the slower cars have to be tuned towards understeer to keep up with faster cars right. And also get less angle to keep up. What we are thinking is a slower car with a better tire could keep up while keep it's normal tune. Therefore getting similar angles.

This.

I know this but if you tune the 1000hp with the same abilities then what? anyway that to much anyway anything above 800 is going to be slow unless its a supra lol. but then what when you put a fast tune on a slow car then upgrade to a better tire compound, it wont look good

1J JZX100
I know this but if you tune the 1000hp with the same abilities then what? anyway that to much anyway anything above 800 is going to be slow unless its a supra lol. but then what when you put a fast tune on a slow car then upgrade to a better tire compound, it wont look good

Ono just said "slower cars must be tuned towards understeer to keep up... Can keep its normal tune to allow similar angles."

See Spank likes it and im still excited for more positive feedback.

Fool i said what if you tune the higher horse power to do the same thing THAT MEANS ISF with a tune similar to mine and Dans equals your CM.....done

EDIT: nvm i havent been to bed in 24hr give me a brake im making good points for not sleeping

Ono just said "slower cars must be tuned towards understeer to keep up... Can keep its normal tune to allow similar angles."

See Spank likes it and im still excited for more positive feedback.

We did this before, I don't see why the people complaining just don't try it? It works fine. This would add a whole new group of cars to the field. Comfort Mediums are not much different really, just a little more grip. 👍

Eric1512
We did this before, I don't see why the people complaining just don't try it? It works fine. This would add a whole new group of cars to the field. Comfort Mediums are not much different really, just a little more grip. 👍

Remember the comp we had with my gray FC on nurb lol

You're not making clear points mate, go to sleep.

This might work out. But if Spank would like to have it in VDC for example he has to do another list with cars which are allowed on C-Mediums. My own Supra is quick enough for everything though, I wouldn't even put them on.

Back