Competitive Racing License

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
In it's simplest terms, does not work well in it's current state. After the past two days of racing, I achieved 1550+ with minimal impact in most races. I then start a race today, qualify, everything goes well, and the host decides to quit because he's crashed after a huge pileup on T1. My rating is now 1458 despite doing nothing wrong in that race.

This needs to be looked into, and if possible, reset after a patch, because it's not ideal in it's current state. The host can effectively reduce your rating just by leaving the game!

Yep, i have no idea as well why it doesn´t work as it says on their webpage.

I did a race where i started on 26/29 because i joined at the last minute, proceeded to finish 7th out of the 19 that finished and my rating went down..

I have a bad feeling this rating won´t mean much in the future.

One good way to clarify this would be to know how many points for each win, how does that multiply by the number of drivers, things like this to have a better idea.

i think the solution is to instead of penalaizing bad drivers so much, they should rewards the good ones more.

also how does it work currently exacly?
do you lose points if someone crashes into you?
do you lose points for cutting corrners?

and i also had some pretty good races, but only gain like 3 points per game, and than i lost 40 when my internet went down....

i think the solution is to instead of penalaizing bad drivers so much, they should rewards the good ones more.

also how does it work currently exacly?
do you lose points if someone crashes into you?
do you lose points for cutting corrners?

and i also had some pretty good races, but only gain like 3 points per game, and than i lost 40 when my internet went down....

Would also like to know what the criteria is.

Last edited:
Same happened to me, I was at 1505, I disconnected from a race, don't know why and I'm down to 1465..... thats a huge difference and now I can't race in 1500 races :(

I'm abit confused with the system of what it means

U = ??
R = ??

Points on how fast you are? or point for clean racing?
Cause I try to be clean as I can but maybe not the ultimate fastest, so that mean I'm stuck with racers who like to crash?

in my opinion they shouldnt even bother so much with how fast you are, just clean racing.
I mean if you do a couple of races and dont crash into anyone than you are probably fast also

Judging from the above, it's safe to say we're penalised for leaving the game early (which is understandable) but again, we shouldn't have points deducted if the hosts disconnects for whatever reason (such as them rage quitting).

You should achieve points based on clean racing (whilst taking into consideration placement, qualifying etc).

Hopefully we'll get an official response on this soon because the word I'm hearing in-game is that ratings are significantly lower than normal because of this.

The system penalizes disconnects (even unintentional). So stop quitting your races.

The Letter "U->S" is the Safety score, for now this is what to focus on the most. It will improve with clean racing.

The Number "1500" is the Strength score which influenced by winning/losing (not by clean/safe/dirty racing).

The Letter and the Number are separate and track different behaviors. (The letter rewards clean racing, the number rewards winning against challenging opponents)

edit: so if you want to "filter out the riff raff".. I suggest setting min safety score of "F" or higher (don't worry about the Strength score for this weekend)

Last edited:
The system penalizes disconnects (even unintentional). So stop quitting your races.

The Letter "U->S" is the Safety score, for now this is what to focus on the most. It will improve with clean racing.

The Number "1500" is the Strength score which influenced by winning/losing (not by clean/safe/dirty racing).

The Letter and the Number are separate and track different behaviors. (The letter rewards clean racing, the number rewards winning against challenging opponents)

edit: so if you want to "filter out the riff raff".. I suggest setting min safety score of "F" or higher (don't worry about the Strength score for this weekend)

Is there somewhere an explanation for the letters? I assume u is the worst and s is the best but how many steps are there in between..?

Edit. Found it from the website. "U (lowest, and also the starting point), F, E, D, C, B, A, S (highest)"

Have to say the whole consept of competive racing license is not very well explained in the game at the moment. Idea is good though and hopefully it will work well in the future.

Would be good to have some kind of notification on screen about the incidents that affect the safety rating like in iracing.

Last edited:
I think the sistem points should be:
The first part of the players scores and the second part also scores negatively
Ex: 10 players
Player 1 + 25 points
Player 2 + 20 points
Player 3 +15 points
Player 4 + 10 points
Player 5 + 5 points
Player 6 - 5 points
Player 7 - 10 points
Player 8 - 15 points
Player 9 - 20 points
Player 10 - 25 points

Make a better game. The only 2 times I have quit were when the game froze up between qualifying and race. All the other time have been disconnections.
Funny enough, I just had a race where everyone was ramming. One guy quit to the pits on lap 1, then cussed everybody out for the rest of the race, he was American.

also i dont see why leaving the race is such a bug deal.. i mean -40 points for leaving the race and like +3 for finishing in a decent position

It is a big deal.. It's more fun for everyone if people are encouraged to finish the race they started. Too often there's 16 cars on the grid at the start and after first lap half of them have disappeared and in the end there are a couple of cars remaining..

Of course if people are punished because the host decides to quit that's king of a different thing..

It is a big deal.. It's more fun for everyone if people are encouraged to finish the race they started. Too often there's 16 cars on the grid at the start and after first lap half of them have disappeared and in the end there are a couple of cars remaining..

Of course if people are punished because the host decides to quit that's king of a different thing..
Think this needs to be explained ASAP, seems to be a lot of confusion. I’m seeing a lot of lobbies online, U1513, U1556, U 1500, not seeing the U change, so most are inviting the faster players in, not necessarily the safest.

In addition to our online discussion, i've also noticed several issues with the chat box (can only enter a certain amount of char). Also - we're unable to use chat ths whilst monitoring a race. Please can this be implemented?

Make a better game. The only 2 times I have quit were when the game froze up between qualifying and race. All the other time have been disconnections.
Funny enough, I just had a race where everyone was ramming. One guy quit to the pits on lap 1, then cussed everybody out for the rest of the race, he was American.

Well, us Americans do like cheeseburgers, V8s, and bad words.
If everyone was ramming me I'd be cussing too, then retire to the pits to avoid the quit.

Back