Competitive Racing License

The problem with that is there will be players that abuse that. You could simply disconnect your internet while in a race. You would be disconnected from the race and no points would be deducted.

Much like people used to do in Call of Duty. If they got slaughtered they would simply unplug their cat5 and it wouldn't bring their K/D ratio down.

Interesting bit here, just finished 5 laps at Road America. I lead the race until the final turn P2 punts me off. He takes the win I finish 2nd. I lost 5 points, he gained 7.

So that tells me the system didn't (or doesn't) detect who did what, just your end race position.

Is there somewhere an explanation for the letters? I assume u is the worst and s is the best but how many steps are there in between..?

Edit. Found it from the website. "U (lowest, and also the starting point), F, E, D, C, B, A, S (highest)"

Have to say the whole consept of competive racing license is not very well explained in the game at the moment. Idea is good though and hopefully it will work well in the future.

Would be good to have some kind of notification on screen about the incidents that affect the safety rating like in iracing.

So from my time playing today, my safety rating has gone from U to F and its now E, so If i keep going I should go all the way up to S if I keep myself clean.

However I did have a 1505 score but I got disconnected through no fault of my own and it went down to like 1475ish :crazy: The idea is amazing and I really hope it works separating the bumper cars from the racers, I think the safety rating and score need to be seperated more clearly.

Alot of people are setting grades of U500 which is the lowest safety score but a high competitiveness, maybe a grade F/E400 is more appropriate.

I'm finding online very frustrating. I'm constantly being removed or disconnected without even getting on the track half the time. Then when I finally do get in a good lobby it seems like everyone leaves after 1 race. Then today I had it freeze twice. Once right after qualifying. Waited 10 minutes and finally gave up waiting.

Well despite all the compliants from others, i have enjoyed my online experience. I have had maybe a dozen races. I have seen some unfortunate racing incidents but I have not seen a single d#ck head trying to hit people off, so from where i sit it works.

Interestingly I am more selective now about which lobbies I enter. I tend not to go into those which have cars or tracks I am not familiar with as I am likely to cause an incident and hurt my rating. Again, it's working to protect others from me.

Hello everyone,

i have a question. Does career mode somehow affects competitive racing license ? or only online mode affects it ?

thank you for answer.

Hi All,

The host leaving has happened twice to me and I think I have a good suggestion to prevent it.

When creating a lobby, make sure you have a prompt message saying: Warning, creating a lobby gives you the responsibility to host the race until the end. Should you leave before the end, you will incur a multiplier on your penalty.

And make it as other suggested that others do not get a penalty but the host gets either 3-4 times the penalty cost or the total penalty all the other players would have had.

This way, you get lobbies that you know will stay up and also should you host and rage quit, you could basically never join again until you get your rating back up.

Also, I have had terrible luck getting hit by rammers all the time and cannot get my letters up for that matter, even when I try my best to avoid them. Will try the lower player count lobbies, thanks for the suggestion.

Regards

Another rant here.

When a race has ended, I should be presented with the points I've been awarded/deducted during that race. This would encourage safer racing and make people aware of the implications of driving poorly.

Immediately going back to the lobby isn't ideal.

Very good point sir! Show the carrot at the end so that people actually connect the reward to their actions. It's also a behavioral concept (i think it's the name) but proven to work!

I like.

I want to thank all those who helped me to lower my driver's license for F1460 but the point is another, I am getting into any lobby, I may be wrong but it seems that the MINI DEGREES FILTER is not working.

Yesterday i gained positions on every race i entered. From 26th to 7th, from 8th to 3rd, 22 to 8th for instance.

But my rating is still 1488 because i guess i´m not winning. Of course i´m not, but it should count gained positions better. If you join late and don´t qualify you gonna start from the back, so this should be considered.

Because it sucks being forced to join three or four car lobbies just to improve your rating, like gaming the rating system.

Hopefully the in depth article shows us how many points we win and lose by position and stuff.

Positions gained and lost should definitely be considered for stats.

The race where i started 26th and ended up 7th was much, much better then the one i started on pole and won.

Something has to be done about the penalty system when it comes to ramming. I got rammed twice just now and I had a drive thru penalty plus points deducted. That's just not right.

Went to sleep last night with E1506. My rating has now been reset to U1506. WHAT GIVES? I literally went to sleep with a clean race and was proud to have got up to E.

Edit: Okay, relaunched the game and it's now back. Maybe it's a sync issue.

Hi Guys, THIS should answer all your questions.

Thanks Nathan, but we are following closely and most of this we already know.

The curiosity comes from examples, like, in a 10 lap race at Laguna Seca on GT3 cars, if i´m U1450 and i win against 15 other opponents, how many points do i score? Considering they are all U1500.

What if i start from the back? Or if i start on the pole and finish 3rd? is this better or worse? What about assists?

I don´t know how much you guys can give us about the math involved in those calculations, but an example would be nice, we know the concept, but examples would be much better to find out exactly how much of an impact things have on performance.

Probably impossible to say since it depends on the ratings of other people in the race?

Well, it´s a variable, but since they coded the system i´m sure you can enter a hypothetical criteria to see the results.

They could do a very basic one, just to give us some idea, otherwise you´re stuck with trial and error and mental notes to figure out who does what.

Also please fix this chat box. I just had the most insane race with someone, went to use it and it doesn't appear after you press enter. Come on guys...

A system like this only works if maintained and governed online on separate servers. Perhaps it's peer to peer until you get to a certain level then you need to use SMS server events. But if its client side it's going to get hacked before they get the system worked out properly.

Sometime your rank appears different in the top right corner than in a lobby, I'm on a D1530ish and it shows a U rating sometimes, think its a sync thing.

Was leading a race until the last lap, when my rift froze and I had to close the game. Lost about 10 races worth of points. I'm just not going to pay attention to my skill and only worry about the racecraft/safety rating

Last edited:
Back