Complete AI Pit strategy guide for the 16 Endurance Races.

Ok, I'll see what I can do.
For now I have an update on Suzuka 1000. The RX8 pits every 12 laps (when running alone, it might go down to 11 when stuck in traffic).

The Formula GT Championship AI pit strategy question came up couple of times in this thread and since I just finished this series ...

Tokyo Route 246 .............................. 11-13 laps
Twin Ring Motegi Super Speedway ....... 13 laps
New York ........................................ 11-12 laps
High-Speed Ring ............................... 12 laps
Grand Valley Speedway ...................... 8 laps
Circuit de la Sarthe I ......................... 4-5 laps
Cote d' Azur ..................................... 9 laps
Seoul Central ................................... 19-20 laps
Infeon Raceway (Sports Car Course) .... 10 laps
Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca ............. 11 laps
Twin Ring Motegi (Road Course) .......... 9 laps
Nurburgring Nordschleife ..................... 2 laps
El Capitan ....................................... 8-9 laps
Fuji Speedway 2005 .......................... 9-10 laps
Suzuka Circuit .................................. 8 laps

Bit of a thread resurrection, but I just realised the entries for the Roadster 4hr endurance weren't complete when I came to look for 2 cars in the race I just ran. Have added 2 more, but think the Mazda MX-5 Miata '89 is the only one missing now, although I could be (and likely am! :P) wrong! :guilty:

I just want add, the first endurance race which I think is the Grand Valley 300km. The '01 Camaro LM Race Car has to pit every 5 laps, you can go six but the front tyres will make you slow down dramatically in the corners. By the fifth lap your front tyres need to be changed. I know because I completed it last night and I found catastrophic understeer because of it.

The Camaro LM Race Car is fantastic. It won me that race and it can do it in 1:46 1:47. So it'll take about 2 hours. But it was worth it.

Last edited:
You do realize this thread is about AI pit strategies, not player pit strategies, right? Besides which, the LM Camaro is just a bit of overkill for the GV300.

Hello, I'm new in this forum but I saw this thread months ago :)

I'm playing the Endurance Hall again and I have some doubts... Does the AI use Hard Racing Tires on all races or just on some of them? I want to win with stock cars but I'm not sure if the AI uses both R1 or R2 tires mixed or just one set.

Hello, I'm new in this forum but I saw this thread months ago :)

I'm playing the Endurance Hall again and I have some doubts... Does the AI use Hard Racing Tires on all races or just on some of them? I want to win with stock cars but I'm not sure if the AI uses both R1 or R2 tires mixed or just one set.

I'm pretty sure they use RH (or SH) in all the enduros. They certainly don't mix R1 and R2 at the same time. Moreover they won't change tire type during the race.

One way to help determine what they're using is to see what sorts of times they're getting, then send your B-Spec driver out for some practice laps and see on which type of tire he comes closest to their times.

I'm pretty sure they use RH (or SH) in all the enduros. They certainly don't mix R1 and R2 at the same time. Moreover they won't change tire type during the race.

One way to help determine what they're using is to see what sorts of times they're getting, then send your B-Spec driver out for some practice laps and see on which type of tire he comes closest to their times.

Thanks for the reply, I'll test an AI car using R1, if it's much faster than the others then it should be sport tires.

Thanks for the reply, I'll test an AI car using R1, if it's much faster than the others then it should be sport tires.

Ah. If you're trying to see if it's sports or racing tires, that's easier. If it's full racing machines such as Sarthe I and II and the Nurburgring 24hr, they use racing tires. If it's production machines such as the Nurburgring 4 hours or the El Capitan enduro, they're on sports tires.

There is one exception to this and that's the Laguna Seca enduro; the production cars in that race use racing tires.

There is no way the McLaren F1 GTR pits every 13-15 laps at Super Speedway 150 miles. I raced with one before on that race, and it pitted every 35-40 laps. The rest are spot on, though.

Back