Complete edition or Regular?PS4 

• Thread starter Benny44
  • 7 comments

Cheap Normal Edition or More expensive Complete Edition?

• Normal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Complete

Votes: 3 100.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Canada
Oak Bay, NB, Canada
Bic44
Hey all. Just going to pick up project cars at Best Buy this evening-maybe. I can buy the complete edition on the PS store for $40 (Canadian) or $20 on the bargain rack at Best Buy. To complicate things, I get paid Friday so I need the extra $20 to last me a couple days haha. Do I wait 2 days and get the complete edition or just get the normal one?

Bonus question:cool::dunce:
Are there any controller only clubs/leagues?

Hey all. Just going to pick up project cars at Best Buy this evening-maybe. I can buy the complete edition on the PS store for $40 (Canadian) or $20 on the bargain rack at Best Buy. To complicate things, I get paid Friday so I need the extra $20 to last me a couple days haha. Do I wait 2 days and get the complete edition or just get the normal one?

Bonus question:cool::dunce:
Are there any controller only clubs/leagues?

Hi Benny

In the UK the version with all the DLC included (tracks and cars) is called the Game of The Year Edition - definitely get that version because it's much better value. If you get the basic version you will probably end up paying much more to buy the extra cars.

One complication my UK copy came with all the extra content (I think 125 cars instead of 75 plus several extra tracks) included on the disc so you could buy it secondhand and still get everything. Some friends in USA had to download the extra content so if buying secondhand the extra content would be missing as it wasn't actually on the disc.

Is the best buy copy new and the complete game - if so get that version.

Some people find the game hard to play with a controller, but there is guidance on controller setup on GT Planet. Personally I would always recommend getting a physical copy of the game so you can sell or exchange it later if you want to. I love the game, but not everyone does!

I don't think there are any controller only Leagues / Clubs - the whole Project Cars online racing scene is a bit dead at the moment - pending the release of PC2. I am still racing, but probably not at a convenient time for you. There are a few USA based clubs which may be at the right time

Thanks Sick....I'll wait on it then. Too bad about online. But, maybe I could start a little series. I think you answered on my other thread as to which game to buy too. After going back and forth, I feel the need for a somewhat satisfying sim as opposed to an arcade like feel. I'm not so worried about results - just that feeling of racing for real is what I love. Thanks for the heads up! Loving my PS4 too!

Thanks Sick....I'll wait on it then. Too bad about online. But, maybe I could start a little series. I think you answered on my other thread as to which game to buy too. After going back and forth, I feel the need for a somewhat satisfying sim as opposed to an arcade like feel. I'm not so worried about results - just that feeling of racing for real is what I love. Thanks for the heads up! Loving my PS4 too!

You might enjoy it - especially racing on your own, if you can find a controller setup that suits you. One of the great things about the game is that the AI can be adjusted from level 0 to level 100 so you can set them to accurately match your own pace and therefore give you a good race. You can also start at the front, middle or rear and can have up to 45 AI opponents on track at once (subject to track). You can also do a qualifying session and start where you qualified (normally at the front) - I skip qualifying unless online.

The weather effects, adjustable time, sounds and track selection are very good. Personally I think it is much better and more realistic than GT6 - I wish I had got it earlier. Overall I would say get it and it will keep you going until Project Cars 2 comes out, but interest in online is so low at the moment that I wouldn't recommend starting your own series as probably no one will join - simply because not many people are still playing this game online.

Thanks @Sick Cylinder - the problem with getting game recommendations is everyone has different tastes. The good thing is I've raced with you and enjoy your particular style. I didn't know all those options about Project Cars. It sounds to me like I'll have a good time doing a career. I'm getting excited for Friday now:gtpflag:

If you don't mind spending extra now to have the DLC when PCARS2 is around the corner, there are certainly some very worthy cars and tracks to have in the Complete Edition. As @Sick Cylinder pointed out, the game can be rough with a controller because the implementation is a bit crude compared to most other console racing games, and it seems the default settings are sub-optimal for most people.

I've offered my controller settings here with my observations on what each setting does (the game doesn't explain them), so I hope it helps getting everything dialed in so you can get to enjoying your new racing sim on your new console. :cheers:

Another tip I can offer is that several cars have questionable default setups, but you can find alternative base setups at this community tuning setup database. If you find a car is giving you a hard time, some tuning tweaks may be necessary. With a controller, the karts and some other grippy racecars can benefit just from a slower steering ratio to make them a bit less sensitive.

If you don't mind spending extra now to have the DLC when PCARS2 is around the corner, there are certainly some very worthy cars and tracks to have in the Complete Edition. As @Sick Cylinder pointed out, the game can be rough with a controller because the implementation is a bit crude compared to most other console racing games, and it seems the default settings are sub-optimal for most people.

I've offered my controller settings here with my observations on what each setting does (the game doesn't explain them), so I hope it helps getting everything dialed in so you can get to enjoying your new racing sim on your new console. :cheers:

Another tip I can offer is that several cars have questionable default setups, but you can find alternative base setups at this community tuning setup database. If you find a car is giving you a hard time, some tuning tweaks may be necessary. With a controller, the karts and some other grippy racecars can benefit just from a slower steering ratio to make them a bit less sensitive.
I just purchased Driveclub tonight - it was $7 with my PS+ discount, so I couldn't say no. I just got home a bit ago, so I'm gonna wait until morning to give it a go. I'm used to tuning on GT anyway, so not a big deal for me to tune Cars and adjust settings. I actually bought Gran Priano's app for GT6 - about 90% of my cars had tunes on them.

Another reason I decided on P.Cars was because my brother in law is heading down next week and he's never even picked up a PS4 controller. He's thinking about getting one because I have one now, so I'm hoping to impress him with the look/sound of it. The best he's played is GT6 as far as realistic-looking games, so i think he'll love P.Cars. If he gets one, I'll have a racing partner for online:D. It's all part of my master plan:idea::cool::lol:

While I was at work this morning, my wife bought the complete edition and downloaded it, so it's ready to go. Unfortunately, I have to go grocery shopping with her first, so it'll have to wait:boggled:. Plus, it's a holiday tomorrow AND I get paid monthly, so it's a month's worth of groceries on a very busy day. The wait is gonna kill me:lol::crazy:

Back