can't kick this feeling
Staff Emeritus
Canada
Toronto
NewAesthetic
SlipZtrEm
GT Sport Mission Challenge List

What Are Missions?
With Driving School being pretty self-explanatory, as well as Circuit Experience, I wanted to get this list out there for people wondering about the third part of the campaign puzzle.

Mission Challenges cover a variety of different event styles. Some will be familiar for GT players: Time Rally is like the Sierra events in GT6, and the Speed Challenges are where drafting comes into play. There are also a few one-offs thrown in: The Pylon Challenge is GT's equivalent of Top Gear Bowling; the Catch Up Battle involves hunting a slower car down, and the One-Lap Challenge has you aiming for a fast time while dodging traffic. Then there's the Northern Isle infield events, which will be familiar to those that played the demo.

How Hard Are They?
As ever with racing games, YMMV. I completed all of these over the weekend. Unfortunately, the progress didn't save, but I did use the opportunity to jot down all the details. In terms of time, I'd say you should be able to polish off the first two sets in an hour. The second set of sixteen should be done in the same time, too.

Stage 5 is where things get interesting. An endurance race pops up, and that alone will take over half an hour. My approach to enduros was always the same; knock the fuel map down to 4, and try to run a race with one less pitstop than the AI. The endurance in Stage 6 is the same as from the demo — if you conquered it there, rinse and repeat.

Stage 7 is relatively simple: you just run sectors of the N24 layout of the 'Ring. The hardest part is not making contact with the AI: they're usually pretty reasonable, but every once in a while they'll do something bone-headed. Like forget that you exist.

You'll want to set aside two hours for the endurance races in Stage 8. Personally, I wouldn't call the Blue Moon one an endurance, but I digress. All in, a reasonably-skilled GT player can wrap these in around 6–8 hours.

Stage 1:
1-1: Sector Challenge MX-5 @ Big Willow
1-2: Race (2 Lap) WRX @ Northern Isle
1-3: Sector Challenge Focus ST @ Tokyo C O
1-4: Pylon Challenge Mito @ Dragon Trail
1-5: Race (1 Lap) Aston Vantage Gr.4 @ Blue Moon
1-6: Sector Challenge Camaro @ Big Willow
1-7: 155MPH Speed Challenge TT-S @ Blue Moon
1-8: Race (2 Lap) Gr.4 Citroen @ Kyoto DP Miyabi

Stage 2:
2-1: Race (2 Lap) Gr.4 Garage Car @ Dragon Trail
2-2: 155MPH Speed Challenge Huracan Gr.4 @ Big Willow
2-3: Race (3 Lap) N300 Garage Car @ Brands Hatch Indy
2-4: Time Rally (2 Lap) Gr.3 Corvette @ Big Willow
2-5: Race (2 Lap) N200 Garage Car @ Alsace Village (CTR - 10 opponents)
2-6: Sector Challenge 911 GT3 RS @ Nordschleife
2-7: One-Lap Challenge (1 Lap) Gr.4 SLS @ Brands Hatch
2-8: Race (3 Lap) Copen RJ VGT @ Kyoto Driving Park Miyabi (One Make)

Stage 3:
3-1: Race (2 Lap) Gr.4 Mustang @ Willow Springs Big Willow
3-2: Sector Challenge Gr.B Mustang @ Colorado Springs
3-3: Race (4 Lap) Honda Sports VGT @ Suzuka East (One Make)
3-4: Race (3 Lap) SRT Tomahawk VGT Gr.1 @ Blue Moon Bay (Like The Wind)
3-5: 186MPH Speed Challenge GT-R 2017 @ Nordschleife
3-6: Race (2 Lap) N400 Garage Car @ Dragon Trail Seaside II (CTR - 10 opponents)
3-7: Race (3 Lap) Gr.3 Garage Car @ Lago Maggiore GP
3-8: Time Rally (2 Lap) Gr.B WRX @ Sardegna

Stage 4:
4-1: Race (2 Lap) Gr.B RCZ @ Alsace Village
4-2: Catch Up Battle Gr.3 4C @ BB Raceway (Must hunt down car, distance shown on screen, time limit)
4-3: Northern Isle Festival: 1 - Gr.B Garage Car
4-4: 249MPH Speed Challenge Veyron @ Tokyo E O
4-5: Sector Challenge Mazda VGT Gr.1 @ Maggiore
4-6: Race (2 Lap) 86 Gr.B @ Colorado Springs (Night)
4-7: Race (1 Lap) Lambo Veneno @ Tokyo E O
4-8: Race (2 Lap) Gr.3 Mustang Road Car @ Streets of Willow

Stage 5:
5-1: Northern Isle Festival: 2 - Gr.B Garage Car
5-2: Sector Challenge Alpine VGT 2017 @ Alsace Village
5-3: Race (3 Lap) Gr.B Garage Car @ Horse Thief
5-4: Northern Isle Festival: 3 - Gr.B Garage Car
5-5: Time Rally (1 Lap) Lexus LC500 @ Tokyo E O
5-6: Race (2 Lap) Merc VGT Race @ Nurb GP (One Make)
5-7: Race (2 Lap) N600 Garage Car @ Bathurst
5-8: Endurance Race (15 Lap) Gr.4 Garage Car @ Alsace Village

Stage 6:
6-1: Northern Isle Festival: 4 - Gr.B Garage Car
6-2: Race (6 Lap) Gr.3 Atenza @ Interlagos
6-3: Time Rally (1 Lap) GT-R @ Tokyo C O
6-4: Race (2 Lap) McLaren VGT Gr.1 @ Kyoto DP Yamagiwa
6-5: Northern Isle Festival: 5 - Gr.B Garage Car
6-6: Race (3 Lap) Nissan VGT @ Tokyo E I (One Make)
6-7: Race (2 Lap) Gr.B Garage Car @ Sardegna (Night)
6-8: Endurance Race (30 Lap) 911 RSR @ Lake Maggiore

Stage 7:
7-1: Sector Challenge - Nurburgring Meister 1 (911 RSR)
7-2: Sector Challenge - Nurburgring Meister 2 (RC F GT3)
7-3: Sector Challenge - Nurburgring Meister 3 (R8 LMS)
7-4: Sector Challenge - Nurburgring Meister 4 (WRX Gr.3)
7-5: Sector Challenge - Nurburgring Meister 5 (V12 Vantage GT3)
7-6: Sector Challenge - Nurburgring Meister 6 (M6 GT3 WM)
7-7: Sector Challenge - Nurburgring Meister 7 (Viper SRT GT3-R)
7-8: Sector Challenge - Nurburgring Meister 8 (AMG GT3)

Stage 8:
8-1: Race (3 Lap) Aston Martin Vulcan @ Nurburgring GP
8-2: Race (2 Lap) Gr.3 Garage Car @ Suzuka (CTR)
8-3: Race (3 Lap) Fittipaldi VGT @ Tokyo C I (One Make)
8-4: Time Rally (1 Lap) Evo X Gr.B @ Fishermans Ranch
8-5: Endurance Race (10 Lap) N-Class Garage Car @ Tokyo E O
8-6: Endurance Race (15 Minute) Gr.3 Garage Car @ Blue Moon Bay
8-7: Endurance Race (30 Minute) Porsche 919 @ Interlagos
8-8: Endurance Race (4 Lap) Gr.3 Garage Car @ Nurburgring 24H

Sector Events: 15
Time Rally: 5
Endurance: 6
Cone Challenge: 1
Speed Challenge: 4
Northern Isle Festival: 5
One Make Race: 5
Catch Up Battle: 1
One-Lap Challenge: 1
Race: 21

Note that the game doesn't differentiate between endurances/one-makes and regular races. But I wanted to record them so that people have a better idea. Time Rally is like the Sierra event in GT6. One-Lap Challenge is subtly different from the other races: you're aiming for a time instead of a finishing position.

Toughest one that shouldn't be toughest is:

8-6: Endurance Race (15 Minute) Gr.3 Garage Car @ Blue Moon Bay - Simply because no car I seem to pick has the ponies to compete with the top 3 cars (yet) :lol:

The most frustrating one is:

8-4: Time Rally (1 Lap) Evo X Gr.B @ Fishermans Ranch - Good luck gents, this was a new track to me and any touching of the cars/barriers meant a 2 sec. penalty :ouch:

Jerome

Okay at this point I'm going to say 8-6 isn't possible :lol: I've tried for a little over 3 hours on it and I can't complete the race. I would've won plenty of times if it was a 20 lap race, but it's 15 minutes and requires 21 laps (AI leader crosses the line on lap 20 with 10 seconds left). Either I run out of gas from lack of drafting or my tires are garbage T1 @ lap 21. The 'best' car I've found so far (which I'm sure isn't the best car for this) is the VW Gr.3. I've tried full races on RH, RH pit to RS, full race on RM and finally RM pit to RS tires.

I'm open to car suggestions, otherwise pray for a patch, lol.

Jerome

Update: Kudos to Slip for helping me finish that Blue Moon Bay race :bowdown:

The winning formula wasn't exactly 'clean' per se, but here it is:

VW VGT GTI Gr. 3 car
RM tires
Never pit (key to winning this thing!)
Fuel line set to level 6 from the very beginning of the race
Eventually drop back to position 18 and draft the Pugeot car until it pits on lap 12
Race, yada yada
About lap 16 or so the competition will 'arrive' just block block block and block some more
Then if you want you can turn the fuel line to level 5 for a little more power to help fend them off the last lap
This setup will be a 20 lap race so watch turn 1 on lap 20 with those tires. Having the fuel line at 5 will help so don't panic, just take that turn smoothly.

HTH!

Jerome

Last edited:
is that advice for getting GOLD i assume or just to complete? Im trying to get all gold. Will let you know how it goes! :)

I got gold on it earlier today. I used the Viper GT3-R. For the first stint, I had racing softs up front and mediums on the rear. Soft rears will only last 10 laps. Push like crazy for 11 laps then pit for softs front and rear along with ten laps of fuel in the tank. Go ahead and push like crazy again and you get gold.

I got gold on it earlier today. I used the Viper GT3-R. For the first stint, I had racing softs up front and mediums on the rear. Soft rears will only last 10 laps. Push like crazy for 11 laps then pit for softs front and rear along with ten laps of fuel in the tank. Go ahead and push like crazy again and you get gold.
What fuel map did you use?

IMG_6267.JPG
Stage 8-6 makes me want to punch a baby. (not literally)

I assume Fuel map 1?

Last edited:
View attachment 681572 Stage 8-6 makes me want to punch a baby. (not literally)

I assume Fuel map 1?
Yeah I can get 3rd at best then somehow the AI seem to have f1 speeds on me with slipstream where mine is terrible.

Also what's the key to the stage 8 race 7 is it put hards on at the beginning and no tyre changes and just stop for fuel?

Yeah I can get 3rd at best then somehow the AI seem to have f1 speeds on me with slipstream where mine is terrible.

Also what's the key to the stage 8 race 7 is it put hards on at the beginning and no tyre changes and just stop for fuel?
I used map 4 from the start up until I think 2 laps to go, then I went 3, then 1 when I got on the front straight on the last lap.

This 8-6 is total BS. I've tried literally everything and the only way to catch up is if the Huracan/Corvette AI screws up allowing you to draft.

Toughest one that shouldn't be toughest is:

8-6: Endurance Race (15 Minute) Gr.3 Garage Car @ Blue Moon Bay - Simply because no car I seem to pick has the ponies to compete with the top 3 cars (yet) :lol:

The most frustrating one is:

8-4: Time Rally (1 Lap) Evo X Gr.B @ Fishermans Ranch - Good luck gents, this was a new track to me and any touching of the cars/barriers meant a 2 sec. penalty :ouch:

Jerome
At Blue Moon use RH tires, don’t pit, and use fuel mapping to go the distance.

You figured out Fisherman’s, don’t touch anything.

At Blue Moon use RH tires, don’t pit, and use fuel mapping to go the distance.

You figured out Fisherman’s, don’t touch anything.
Yeah fisherman's was a pain but I managed that with 16 seconds to spare.

Blue moon I take it just leave it on fuel map 6 and just keep on driving

Last edited:
I can't win 8-6 or 8-7. Got 2nd on 8-6, can't get closer then 4th on 8-7. In 8-6 I tried different cars, different settings on fuel map, different tires, just can't catch the guy in first. I have gold in every other driving school and mission challenge, would certainly like to get gold in these two. Tried the no pit stops but certainly can't block all the cars.

Thats another idea. Try harder tires on the rear. Its the rear passenger tire that matters.

Jerome

i just did the moon bay one, thanks to your advices, but damn 5 laps blocking , y had to put the subbie to the wall in the last lap lol

YESSSSSSS I FINALLY DID IT.

Strategy:
I used the WRX Gr.3
Fuel map 6 for the first 11 laps
Fuel map 3 until lap 18
Fuel map 2 lap 19
Fuel map 1 final lap

Draft the Mclaren the entire time until it pits, then switch to map 3 and coast. I won by over a second.

Edit: forgot to mention, but Racing Hards on both sides.

Last edited:
YESSSSSSS I FINALLY DID IT.

Strategy:
I used the WRX Gr.3
Fuel map 6 for the first 11 laps
Fuel map 3 until lap 18
Fuel map 2 lap 19
Fuel map 1 final lap

Draft the Mclaren the entire time until it pits, then switch to map 3 and coast. I won by over a second.

Off to try this... lol hate this one! Been so close a few times, I got spun out the last lap in the lead :(

Okay at this point I'm going to say 8-6 isn't possible :lol: I've tried for a little over 3 hours on it and I can't complete the race. I would've won plenty of times if it was a 20 lap race, but it's 15 minutes and requires 21 laps (AI leader crosses the line on lap 20 with 10 seconds left). Either I run out of gas from lack of drafting or my tires are garbage T1 @ lap 21. The 'best' car I've found so far (which I'm sure isn't the best car for this) is the VW Gr.3. I've tried full races on RH, RH pit to RS, full race on RM and finally RM pit to RS tires.

I'm open to car suggestions, otherwise pray for a patch, lol.

Jerome
Turn down fuel consumption. With the T-GT you can use one of the dials for each adjustable so I can adjust the mix on the fly.

Here is my guide and video.

Car: WRX (VW GT VGT works as well)
Transmission: Automatic (You can use Manual to help save gas by short shifting)
Fuel Mapping: 1 for 99% of the race.
Tires:
Front: Racing Soft
Rear: Racing Medium

Then go go go. Most people recommend pitting on LAP 11. You can do this, but I pitted on LAP 12 because the Mustang blocked me and I didnt want to slow down to pit. BUT to make it around lap 12 you will have to change your Fuel mapping.

You should be entering the pits in 1st of 2nd Place.

If you pit on LAP 11: You will need 10.3 or 10.7 laps of fuel
Pit on LAP 12: You will need 9.3 or 9.7 laps of fuel
Tires for PIT:
Front: Racing Soft
Rear: Racing Soft.

Exiting the pits you should be in the top 4 or less and not far behind the leaders. Just draft A LOT and pass the leaders.

WARNING: Your tires will be really low on the last 2 laps. Be CAREFUL while taking turns.

Hope this helps you out.

Video:

8-6 is the most difficult one, it requires complete precision, avoid hitting walls as they will cause you to lose distance and say goodbye to the slipstream that is required to win.

What I did...

Start with Racing soft tires, this will allow you to quickly catch up to the top boys before they gain too much distance, on lap 9, go in the pits and change to Medium tires, you should recharge fuel for 11 laps, then just blast it and you'll be in first place, the WRX will try to catch up to you, so just block him and you'll be good, overtaking the WRX legit is very difficult, so the pit strategy puts you ahead of it and allows you to block him.

That WRX has gold tires, barely gets affected by tire wear judging by the lap times being consistent.

Simply because no car I seem to pick has the ponies to compete with the top 3 cars (yet) :lol:
I did 3rd with my 911 for the ring setup and full downforce. Need to do this one more time perhaps with the viper that have a great top speed.

8-6 is the most difficult one, it requires complete precision, avoid hitting walls as they will cause you to lose distance and say goodbye to the slipstream that is required to win.

What I did...

Start with Racing soft tires, this will allow you to quickly catch up to the top boys before they gain too much distance, on lap 9, go in the pits and change to Medium tires, you should recharge fuel for 11 laps, then just blast it and you'll be in first place, the WRX will try to catch up to you, so just block him and you'll be good, overtaking the WRX legit is very difficult, so the pit strategy puts you ahead of it and allows you to block him.

That WRX has gold tires, barely gets affected by tire wear judging by the lap times being consistent.

Are you playing with a wheel? With a DS4, the tire wear is shocking on the car :(

Omg please no i was weaving like crazy for 5 laps for this

Attachments

• A712DA20-DE23-4077-8C82-29F3F6385F08.jpeg
    A712DA20-DE23-4077-8C82-29F3F6385F08.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 400
The endurance was the most frustrating part of the open beta for me. Combination of not knowing what strategies the AI was using (it would be good if they had some kind of indication of how many stops they've taken so you can have a little bit of an attempt at knowing what they are up to) and the fact that I got spun out by the AI on multiple occasions.

It was stage 6 event 8 I think, I ended up going two really long stints and then pitting on 23 and going for Racing Softs and going flat out to the end, but had to back off and coasted over the finish in 5th or 6th. I reckon put on 24 and I'd have been golden.

Anyway, just about to try the Alsace Gr.4 15 lap endurance on Stage 5 event 8. What kind of strategies did those who've got gold use?

The endurance was the most frustrating part of the open beta for me. Combination of not knowing what strategies the AI was using (it would be good if they had some kind of indication of how many stops they've taken so you can have a little bit of an attempt at knowing what they are up to) and the fact that I got spun out by the AI on multiple occasions.

It was stage 6 event 8 I think, I ended up going two really long stints and then pitting on 23 and going for Racing Softs and going flat out to the end, but had to back off and coasted over the finish in 5th or 6th. I reckon put on 24 and I'd have been golden.

Anyway, just about to try the Alsace Gr.4 15 lap endurance on Stage 5 event 8. What kind of strategies did those who've got gold use?
If I remember correctly, I used map 4 with hards. Pit I think on 8 and switched tires and loaded up. You can be much faster than map 1 AI on this track if you know the line, which you can learn because I had no prior knowledge of the course.

What I did...

Thanks for the video and help did it first try with the scooby and your strategy

If I remember correctly, I used map 4 with hards. Pit I think on 8 and switched tires and loaded up. You can be much faster than map 1 AI on this track if you know the line, which you can learn because I had no prior knowledge of the course.

Thanks for the fast reply, I actually had just jumped in as I wasn't expecting anyone to reply as quickly.

Had seen on my original look at the track that map 6 gave 5 laps, so I immediately went to map 1 and managed 11 laps before going with a shorter load, racing softs and then going full map. Passed the leader on the last lap then had to drop the map down to 1 again and just managed to coast over the line.

As endurance goes it was probably pretty much the ideal with the car running out just as it finished, but the coast to the finish line was a bit nerve wracking!

Back