Complete GT Sport Mission Challenge Listing

• Thread starter SlipZtrEm
  • 126 comments
Only got 8-7 and 8-8 to go for all golds.

Figured I'd share my setup for 8-6 since a lot of people seem to be struggling:

- Subaru Gr. 3
- Fuel Map 1 the entire race.
- Full RS to start.
- Pit Lap 9, change to RMs, get full fuel
- Aim to be amongst the Subaru Gr. 3 and Viper once they've pitted, you can draft and interchange positions with them for the rest of the race.
Extra tip: Don't break on the last corner, just ease off the accelerator for a bit.

Anyone got any pointers for 8-8? Looks simple enough, I'm guessing RHs, Fuel Map 6 and don't pit and it'd be a cakewalk right?

8-8 has no BoP restrictions, it's literally just a matter of picking your favorite Gr.3 car and not crashing. Unless you want an even race, then keep the power/weight levels normal.

For me personally I pit on Lap 2 because I had forgot to change the fuel map originally, but I was so far ahead it didn't really matter at that point. You do want to stick to hards, though. Mediums barely lasted 2 laps without the start of major fade.

hello, any car setup for the 8-8 challenge?

I used the Mercedes AMG GT GT3 and in the Quick Tune maxed out the Power ratio and weight reduction ratio. Ran RH with engine map 6 and came home almost a minute ahead at the line. No pit stop needed. Didn't change any other setting on the car and am pretty sure you could use whatever Gr.3 car you wanted as long as you did similar upgrades.

I used the Mercedes AMG GT GT3 and in the Quick Tune maxed out the Power ratio and weight reduction ratio. Ran RH with engine map 6 and came home almost a minute ahead at the line. No pit stop needed. Didn't change any other setting on the car and am pretty sure you could use whatever Gr.3 car you wanted as long as you did similar upgrades.

Last edited:
8-6 sucks. Tried numerous combo's in this thread. My lap times in the Subaru are usually 42's or 43's which I think is on par with some of the vids here. And still nope. I wish the AI didn't get boosted as soon as you get to 6th. Funny how you catch them quite easily. Then you hit an imaginary wall and you catch them no longer. Even with a slipsteam. Oh well... Try again tomorrow.

Last edited:
Hi there, a bit of strategy involved with golding Stage 8-6, as well as lots and lots of left turns

The following tips are one method which worked for me golding it

- using Subaru WRX Gr.3
- all default car settings
- default ABS
- all other assists off
- start with RH tyres
- start with fuel map 4

- first corner brake around 100m mark, shift to 4th
- last corner slight lift off, no brakes, shift to 5th, full throttle
- drive smoothly, drafting as much as possible at every available opportunity

- pit end of lap 10 (should have just below half tank fuel left)
- change to RM tyres, fuel for 13 laps (or fuel to 3/4 mark on the fuel gauge)
- change to fuel map 2 when exiting pit

- will be exiting pit at position 16
- will be just ahead of the other rocket Subaru when it exit pit on lap 12
- will be 1st at start of lap 13

- drive smoothly, keep checking mirror for where other rocket Subaru is
- last 5 laps, make your car as wide as possible ie apply a few doses of gentle sportsmanship blocking the rocket Subaru as it stars drafting you
- fuel tank will be just about empty at the checkered flag
- and watch out for a fast approaching Dodge Viper that might steal your win

Cheers. Hope the tips above and videos below help

For Stage 8-7, following strategy worked for me
- default ABS
- all other assists off

- start with RH tyres
- pit end of lap 7
- change to RS tyres, full fuel

- pit end of lap 14
- change to RS tyres, fuel enough for 7 laps

Last edited:
Sorry to double post, but I could not embed more than 5 videos in a single post

For Stage 8-8, following strategy worked for me
- using BMW M6
- level 5 power and weight upgraded, but set back to stock 100% for both power & weight (not sure whether 100% settings for power & weight after upgrade is the same as 100% power & weight before upgrade though.).
- default ABS
- all other assists off
- fuel map 1

- start with RS tyres
- caught up to lead car at end of lap 2
- pit end of lap 2
- change to RS tyres
- no re-fuelling (should have about 1/4 tank of fuel left)
- low fuel warning around Adenauer Forst on lap 4
- change to fuel map 6
- had built large enough gap from not re-fuelling, so can back-off driving flat out from Adenauer Forst on lap 4, and using fuel map 6, drive and coast smoothly to finish, with fuel just about empty at checkered flag

Last edited:

- Subaru Gr. 3
- Full RS to start.
- Aim to be amongst the Subaru Gr. 3 and Viper once they've pitted, you can draft and interchange positions with them for the rest of the race.
Extra tip: Don't break on the last corner, just ease off the accelerator for a bit.
Dude, I owe you and the others who posted this one so much.

Seriously, who at PD thought it was a good 🤬 idea to give the AI immortal tyres and rubberbanding?

I tried 8-6 last night and found it a little tricky. Came 3rd and then 2nd with 2 seconds off the lead making negligible headway. Looks like I'll need to buy the WRX and give this a blast tonight.

8-8 has no BoP restrictions, it's literally just a matter of picking your favorite Gr.3 car and not crashing. Unless you want an even race, then keep the power/weight levels normal.
You can stop the car mid race and get something to drink if you want, it's that bad. The gap to to the car in second place was over 2 minutes if I remember correctly.
You do want to stick to hards, though. Mediums barely lasted 2 laps without the start of major fade.
Racing Hards are good for 4 laps? So basically they can go two times as long as Mediums?

6-2 (Mazda Atenza at Interlagos) is the first one I’ve had to put more than a few tries into, but this is how I beat it:

• Pit immediately when the race starts.
  • Fuel for 8.0 Laps
  • Use Fuel Mix 1 for the entire race.
8:51 was my race time at the end.

Last edited:
6-2 is the first one I’ve had to put more than a few tries into, but this is how I beat it:

• Pit immediately when the race starts.
  • Fuel for 8.0 Laps
  • Use Fuel Mix 1 for the entire race.
8:51 was my race time at the end.
That's the Atenza one, right?

My Mission 8-6 strategy with the VW GTI VGT:

- TC 0, ABS default, all other settings OFF
- Fuelmap 1
- RS Tyres front and back
- Pitstops on lap 7 (RS & 100% fuel) and lap 14 (RS and fuel for 7 laps)

I liked the VW because it's a bit faster than other cars i tested (like Subaru WRX) when you have no slipstream!

- Subaru Gr. 3
- Full RS to start.

Anyone got any pointers for 8-8? Looks simple enough, I'm guessing RHs, Fuel Map 6 and don't pit and it'd be a cakewalk right?
I used RH, fuel map 1 for 8-8 - pitted after 2 laps for new RHs and fuel, took lead again on lap 3 and an easy win.

You could stay on the same set of tyres, but they do lose some grip even after 2 laps. Given it's still an easy win even with the tyre change it's worth doing it.

Last edited:
6-8 (Porsche 911 at Lago Maggiore)

• Start in Fuel Map 6
  • Pit on Lap 14
  • Change to RS, 100% fuel.
  • Fuel Map 1
  • Pit on Lap 21
  • Change to RM, 100% fuel.
  • Fuel Map 3 to finish.
Final time: 1hr 3min, won by 54 seconds.

Last edited:
Here is my guide and video.

Car: WRX (VW GT VGT works as well)
Transmission: Automatic (You can use Manual to help save gas by short shifting)
Fuel Mapping: 1 for 99% of the race.
Tires:
Front: Racing Soft
Rear: Racing Medium

Then go go go. Most people recommend pitting on LAP 11. You can do this, but I pitted on LAP 12 because the Mustang blocked me and I didnt want to slow down to pit. BUT to make it around lap 12 you will have to change your Fuel mapping.

You should be entering the pits in 1st of 2nd Place.

If you pit on LAP 11: You will need 10.3 or 10.7 laps of fuel
Pit on LAP 12: You will need 9.3 or 9.7 laps of fuel
Tires for PIT:
Front: Racing Soft
Rear: Racing Soft.

Exiting the pits you should be in the top 4 or less and not far behind the leaders. Just draft A LOT and pass the leaders.

WARNING: Your tires will be really low on the last 2 laps. Be CAREFUL while taking turns.

Hope this helps you out.

Video:

wheel or controller ? and what are your game settings/setups ?

any tips for any of the stage 2 challenges especially stages 4 and 6-8 ?

Hi there, with Stage 2-4, following worked for me
- default ABS
- all other assists off
- fuel map 1
- RH tyres

No special strategy, just lift off throttle for most bends and curves, don't brake too much, and when you need to brake, don't brake too heavily. Car has plenty of grip through most bends. You want to keep car momentum high

With Stage 6-8, following worked for me
- default ABS
- all other assists off
- start with fuel map 1
- start with RS tyres

- drive smoothly and consistently
- can catch up to leader at end of lap 10, pass leader at end of lap 11 and build outright lead from start of lap 12

- pit at end of every 7 laps (7, 14, 21, 28)

- pit stop 7, 14, 21 => change to RS tyres, and take full fuel. Stay on fuel map 1
- pit stop 28 => splash and dash. Change to RS tyres, take only enough fuel for 2 or 3 laps (3 to be safe, it's a bit over 1/4 tank mark on the fuel gauge), and change to fuel map 4 (or 5 to be safe) when exiting pit.

- by now, you would have built enough lead to be able to drive last 2 laps with fuel saving (and have just enough fuel if you need to switch to more aggressive fuel map 2 or 3 during last 2 laps)

All the best, hope these tips and videos helps

Last edited:
8-4: Time Rally (1 Lap) Evo X Gr.B @ Fishermans Ranch - Good luck gents, this was a new track to me and any touching of the cars/barriers meant a 2 sec. penalty :ouch:
Circuit Experience makes this a lot easier as you can get a feel for the car on that kind of surface.

Took me 2 attempts, my first being off of Gold by 1 second and the second being 7 seconds faster.

Stay 1 gear above the recommended for each corner and take plenty of time to slow the car down. Overtake the others on the outside whenever you can.

- Subaru Gr. 3
- Full RS to start.

This is the one, worked for me on the first try (DS4).

Circuit Experience makes this a lot easier as you can get a feel for the car on that kind of surface.

Took me 2 attempts, my first being off of Gold by 1 second and the second being 7 seconds faster.

Stay 1 gear above the recommended for each corner and take plenty of time to slow the car down. Overtake the others on the outside whenever you can.

Oh I got it eventually, probably took me a good 30 minutes. I saved the Circuit Experiences for the end. I did manage to do the Nord on my 1st attempt, yay! I never practice there so I'm typically not very good there, plus OLR there always turns out bad in my experience.

Jerome

Hi,

I was wandering if anyone else has noticed a bug/issue on 8-6?

Was looking forward to running 8-6 today, I had a few attempts using the BMW, but a race strategy similar to those posted (RS front, RM rear, pit on lap 11 for RS front and rear...) Got to first, then while blocking the AI on the last lap I got clipped and spun off...
So I had a few more goes, and I realised there is quite a lot of variability in the AI and it is maybe down to luck as to the fastest AI car actually getting out ahead and pulling a lead (which doesn't happen every time) but can really impact the race.

I left and restarted but using the NSX, I felt slower (and mid-race noticed I messed up the strategy - had RS on the Rear and RM on the front!:dunce:), but I carried on anyway, pitted on lap 9 - putting the RM on and refuelling to full. Then some of the AI started to run around in a 'post race' speed, cruising VERY slowly. I would say about half of the cars were going at this speed and the other half were lapping as normal. This caused a lot of AI accidents, which by the end of Lap 19, I had a 30s lead. SO I slowed down enough to finish the race in 20 laps (instead of 21). With a race time of 15min and 6 seconds.

Also, looking at the top 10 global times, I noticed a few people have actually completed this 15minute endurance race in under 15 minutes??

I was wandering if anyone else had seen this bug with the AI?

Ok so i've just finished the 30 minute Interlagos race (Mission Challenge 8-7) with gold, But i didn't expect to win gold. It's currently almost 2 in the morning over here, And 45 minutes ago i thought to myself "you know what, I'm gonna try this race and go on fuel mix 1 and see how much laps it takes to drain the tank". And well, I finished 1st.

Race strategy:

- Start on softs allround, Fuel mix 1 (Keep it on 1 the entire race, Trust me on this)
- Take a pitstop on laps 8 and 16 (Your fuel will be almost empty at that point if you do it right, Your main rival will also take his stop on these laps)
- On the lap 8 pitstop, Change to new softs and a full tank of fuel, And on the lap 16 pitstop go for super softs and a full tank of fuel.

When i took my pitstop on lap 16 i went to another set of softs myself. But then i saw the other Porsche closing in absurdly fast so i realised he must've gone to super softs, This is why i advised super softs in the race strategy for lap 16 so you might have a little bit more room to breath (he will be on your ass in the last 2 laps otherwise)

This strategy worked unexpectedly well for me, And i finished 1st with a time of 30:02,494 - Hope it helps!

My Mission 8-7 strategy:

Start on RM tyres, Fuelmap 1, TCS 3, ABS default, all other OFF.
Pit on lap 7, change to RS tyres, refuel 100% (i was 3rd before stop)
Pit on lap 14, change RS tyres, refuel for 7 laps (i was leading before pitstop)

With a big error on last lap, which cost me ~3s, i still won with a time of 3:04.xxx (1.5s ahead)

Good luck everyone :cheers:

I have literally breezed through pretty much everything on the way to 8-6 and now i have hit a wall! Tonight i will have to try some of the recommended strategies for completing this!

Also, seen 8-8 is 4 lap NN! I have never got to grips with that track so to say i am apprehensive is an understatement!

Also, seen 8-8 is 4 lap NN! I have never got to grips with that track so to say i am apprehensive is an understatement!
8-8 is easy.

Just set your Fuel map to 6 (lean) and run the whole race. On the last lap, you can drop the fuel map to 1.

Edit: Welcome to GTPlanet!

Back