*Complete* SNAIL Michelin Pilot Challenge, "PS5 Users ONLY",GS/GT4 Monthly Series, Congrat's to Rauljimenez76 for the Championship!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 994 comments
I get your angle, and each driver is completely entitled to share or hold back their tune as they chose. I have no reason not to share the tune. It's not too far off from the published tune from Priano in the tuning section of these forums with a few subtle tweaks. Rarely have I experienced a tune afford any more than a second of achievable time over stock....maybe I suck as a tuner as well. The point that alot of guys miss, is that with this series, the tuning really will not eventually matter. If you optimize and max out your tune for this event and inihilate the field, you will receive the -7pp handicap going into the next event. If you happen to find a way to tune yourself to the front again, you get handicapped again....and, the concession points for outside the top ten come back to you much slower than the handicapped being placed on you. Tuning the car and setting up for consistency is more important in this series than outright pace. If someone is faster with the same car from utilizing my tune, more power to him...he'll eventually pay for it. I play the long game. Finding a 4th or 5th place overall finish for each event across the entire season could yield better finishing standings than one or two wins with handicaps that strapped you for more races. I set up and race for the battles and hope to get into that 4th-5th place overall. But, it does make it interesting. This is why tuned or not tuned doesn't really matter as the season progresses. Consistency on track and consistent finishing placement is key.
So true. Consistency is very important.

PSN ID: Dioready
GTPlanet ID: AColon
Car Number: 21
PS5 Platform: "yes"
Car: "TBD"

Fixed! Thanks!
We have a full grid currently confirmed, but would you be ready to race this Friday if needed? If so, please select and announce your car, be sure to build as required, and render a livery to the series standards. Livery must be submitted before race night for approval, and spec sheet must be sent via screenshot on psn in the period between when the room opens 9pm est to the start of qualifying at 9:15pm est. Keep me posted if you're available. You would be our lone reserve to bump in if needed.

I
We have a full grid currently confirmed, but would you be ready to race this Friday if needed? If so, please select and announce your car, be sure to build as required, and render a livery to the series standards. Livery must be submitted before race night for approval, and spec sheet must be sent via screenshot on psn in the period between when the room opens 9pm est to the start of qualifying at 9:15pm est. Keep me posted if you're available. You would be our lone reserve to bump in if needed.
I have been looking at the requirements, trying to understand the PP adjustments after each race and, trying to understand the tuning options to be able to decide on the car. I will provide the info by the end of the day today.

So..... I was a little bummed when the update took us from 650p to 640p. My (pre-season testing) lap times went from "mid pack" to a good 2 seconds off the pace. At the time (before round 1) I was developing the McLaren and the Aston Martin, and after the update tuning the Aston Martin was easier to get back up to race pace than the McLaren.

I decided to stick with the McLaren and trust the process. As you may have seen at round 1 the two McLarens were not able to stay with the pack, but after the balance of performance update....and maybe a better track for the car....it looks like there will be more parity. I'm excited for the series and looking forward to round 2!

I could probably find a good half a second per lap through my driving anyway. :) See you at Road Atlanta!

Here is a 30 second clip from a test day.

Gran Turismo® 7_20230510125118.jpg

Last edited:

PSN ID: Dioready
GTPlanet ID: AColon
Car Number: 21
PS5 Platform: "yes"
Car:
McLaren 650S Gr.4

I will be available for Friday!

Man, I can't wait to see that first 7pp handicap hit your regulation sheet..lol. Very nice lap sir. :cheers:
Lol, yeah, I chased that one for a while. I had just about given up, being more focused on race trim. Went out and hit it on my third lap. I had started out kind of slow warming up. Ran a race with the guys and settled in. There was a little action at the start that got me focused pretty quick. I felt good after that. I decided to go and work on some long runs on my own. Just to tighten up my consistency. Went out and on lap 3 I hit it. Practicing with the guys has really helped me gain my confidence back. I appreciate everyone. I’ve had a great time practicing and it’s been clean racing. That’s a pretty tough joint to get around. I’ll definitely be there for the race tomorrow, and can’t wait. I’m sure it’ll be a good time.

Last edited:
There were several instances of “out braking” attempts that ended up with front bumpers on rear quarter panels that caused the lead car to lose some (or all) control. This is not a clean pass per Snail rules. It happened around me and to me. So let’s make those passes clean :)
In practice races last night it was really only decent if someone blew a corner and went off ;)
Brakes on the BMW are sucky-ish. At least compared to several models I’ve raced against over the last week. Part of this may or may not be related to my new PP base. My braking points are 25-50m earlier than a lot of other cars. So I am at higher risk of your first quote.

As for racing, this means I have to defend more if one of those Camaros, Porsches, Fords, etc are right on my bumper. Which means Im slower enabling cars further behind an opportunity to catch. @socalnatv was able to catch back up and hassle @llNovall this afternoon.

But, if we get a bit spread out and everyone is driving clean and consistent with no bobbles or contacts, then yeah, maybe….

Laguna is like 10 times better and more open. Nice wide track and plenty of places to
Brakes on the BMW are sucky-ish. At least compared to several models I’ve raced against over the last week. Part of this may or may not be related to my new PP base. My braking points are 25-50m earlier than a lot of other cars. So I am at higher risk of your first quote.

As for racing, this means I have to defend more if one of those Camaros, Porsches, Fords, etc are right on my bumper. Which means Im slower enabling cars further behind an opportunity to catch. @socalnatv was able to catch back up and hassle @llNovall this afternoon.

But, if we get a bit spread out and everyone is driving clean and consistent with no bobbles or contacts, then yeah, maybe….
The reason your brakes seem worse isn’t because they’re inferior. It’s because you’re carrying more speed down the straights. You may want to think about building the car more towards the handling side of things. Use the performance points in that area. Having stiff springs, too much camber, insufficient ride height. They can all effect your braking also. You can also get the bump and rebound off. It’ll cause that too. You’ll have to watch. You’ll get to cooking that left front tire. It'll be the first to go. Turn one coming up the hill is pretty rough on the LF. You push things early and cook it, you may fall off too soon. Your braking distance will have to increase and ppl will set you up in the hard braking zones. If you can get the nose to set right where you’re maximizing your front DF or if you can adjust the front splitter that’ll help it. The Camaro’s nose is fixed so I focused on the spring setup, along with the bump for the front and how fast the rebound in the rear extends. A lot of guys forget to focus on the rear of the car to get the nose to set. You let it rise too quick it’ll throw the weight to the front too fast. It can also slam the nose off the track. So they’ll add more bump in the front to keep that from happening. Now you’ve got yourself in the situation where you’re starting to limit the travel of the suspension. So it just hurts you in another area of the track or just gives a bad general feeling to the race car all together. Something else I failed to mention is I notice ppl wedging the rear up with ride height. So they can get some rotation. That’s fine, but when it comes to braking hard, it’s going to do what I just described. The rear is wedged up, so the car is already in a diving stance. Well, you slam the brakes and the weight can’t shift as efficiently. So you can see the bag of negatives that comes with that. In that stance you can run a lot stiffer spring but it doesn’t act like it because the wedge has more weight on the nose already. You think it’s say 50/50. But in reality it’s not, that’s just where your ballast is. So you would have to move ballast to the rear to negate what you have done with the wedge.

Last edited:
MPC GT7 2023 Spotter guide Event #2.png

Drivers Meeting

Grid Business
Good morning to all the drivers who will be attending tonight's 2nd event at Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta. We have another full grid confirmed for tonight, with 1 driver currently on Reserve/standby. At the moment, all confirmed drivers are noted as attending, and have until 9:10pm est (5 minutes prior to Start of Qualifying) to secure their spot.

I would ask that our Reserve @AColon or any additional that are able to make themselves available, if needed, submit their spec sheets via psn between 9:00pm-9:10pm est (submission window for all drivers) to my psn: NOVA-0479. A primary party chat will be open for our 16 drivers on grid. If anyone is not present by 9:10pm est, I will PSN message the available Reserves. If a prioritized Reserve is not online, the next Reserve driver will be offered the spot if available and ready to enter room.

Reminder to all drivers:
All confirmed drivers are holding 1 of 16 grid spots, and we have 24 drivers on the roster, 17 for tonight. Please notify me as soon as reasonably possible if you are unable to make the event. The latest acceptable notice without any recourse is 9:10pm est. Any drivers who are confirmed to attend, and fails to appear, will be placed on automatic Reserve for their next confirmed event.

Drivers Briefing
A few reminders for Road Atlanta:
1.) Be mindful in the opening laps. Be patient, and avoid contact/incident at all cost. Incidents that result in an issued caution, in the opening 2 laps, will come under automatic review for any possible infractions and penalized as necessary. Please be patient, brake earlier, and respect your opponent driver's space/line..they are not brakes or guard rails.
2.) Chicanes and S Section of track: There is no written rule for these sections, but I'd ask all drivers to exercise caution and good judgement through these sections. Know when you have lost the position when approaching these section, and be considerate enough to back out to avoid the risk of incidents. This series will continue to induce some very close quarters racing, and one slow up, or mistake could result in yourself, both, or many drivers losing position....don't be that guy. If both drivers are dead on, side by side, proceed with caution, and hold your lines. Just be warned that attempting to gp side by side in these sections cleanly will slow both of you down and almost guarantee a loss of position(s) from other attacking drivers. BE CAREFUL and AVOID CONTACT ;)
3.) See this Event Details Link and review for driver specs, race details, and allowable track boundaries for Road Atlanta

Final Reminders:
-Please be sure that everyone is on a wired connection to their PS5 (in any way possible)
-Clear cache before entering the race room
Lets try to do the best we can to reduce the jitters within the lobby.
Any drivers that are noted or noticed to create continuous issues will be asked to retire for the event.

Good Luck to all drivers, and see everyone at 9pm est tonight. :cheers:

1. NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
2. Sand_68 / @socalnatv (#68)
3. tyro_2004_2004 / @Tyro (#40)
4. Ice Warden / @IceWarden (#22)
5. Harry_Rowley_10 / @Harry Rowley (#10)
6. DucatiRobb / @Bologna_Duc (#88)
7. Phlano_099 / @Phlano099 (#99)
8. Rauljimenez76 / @Noob01_lmdead (#12)
9. Nyati_Jumapili / @Nyati_Jumapil (#31)
10. sterdad / @starfox24 (#24)
11. AKZL298 / @Akzl298 (#298)
12. saber_stance / @Saber_stance (#25)
13. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)
14. Kaeltho / @Kaeltho (#120)
15. IforceV8 / @IforceV8 (#36)
16. SRT_Guido / @GTP_Guido (#69)
17. Sandite5 / @Sandite5 (#19)
18. TooBadIts_A_KIA / @johnnypaws (#76)
19. fudman420 / @Fudman420 (#42)
20. rsrgse / @rsrgse (#7)
21. R1600Turbo / @R1600Turbo (#62)
22. MrDonovan / @MrDonovan (#27)
23. xWARMACHINE84x/ @Chris Kelley (#3)
24. Dioready / @AColon (#21)

Last edited:
I don't think I'm going to make it tonight. I'm just now getting off work. Have a 45 min commute to get my son and the Google maps says 1hr and 30 to get back home. Just love me some Seattle traffic. I'll update as it gets closer.

Looking like I'll be home 630-645. If there isn't a reserve I'd be able to hop in for race 2.

Last edited:
Race room and party chat open. Be sure to submit spec sheets to group psn chat. Good luck to everyone tonight.

Back