*Complete* SNAIL Michelin Pilot Challenge, "PS5 Users ONLY",GS/GT4 Monthly Series, Congrat's to Rauljimenez76 for the Championship!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 994 comments
@Nyati_Jumapil, I forgot. Fixed for next lobby I open.

Daytona times at 629.96pp (optimal is currently 51.3)
1688953910445.jpeg

I’ve been consistent in the low 52’s with a few high 51’s, and those are when I had no draft. With the draft I got down to some low 51’s.

Those Porsches are going to be tough to keep up with at this track…IMO.
My times with S08 are about the same. I think best Opt. time was 50.9xx. Still working on gearing, but since it's Daytona I was also checking my top speed at the finish line. Currently averaging around 173mph.

Two guarteed spots remain for next Friday's race night at Daytona Road Course before going into Reserve entries. Be sure to confirm if you are planning to race. The big hp cars do gain some favor for this event which could very much shuffle the standings at the mid season mark. Get some laps in and dial in the those final tweeks. Season is going to get interesting. The following drivers have yet to confirm or reply. Lets get this grid full.

Ice Warden / @IceWarden (#22)
fudman420 / @Fudman420 (#42)
AKZL298 / @Akzl298 (#298)
SRT_Guido / @GTP_Guido (#69)
Sandite5 / @Sandite5 (#19)
IforceV8 / IforceV8 (#36)
saber_stance / @Saber_stance (#25)
tyro_2004_2004 / @Tyro (#40)

Also have to drop out of Friday's race. Have a work event in Indianapolis that night and won't be able to make it back to town in time to run.

Can new drivers still participate?
Yes sir. There is no specific grid priority among the drivers roster. It simply comes down to the first 16 drivers to confirm their intention to race for an upcoming event who gets priority on the grid for that race night. Any drivers outside the top 16 are filed in as Reserves. Drivers may confirm as soon as the most recent event night has finished.
We are currently at 13 drivers for Daytona this Friday night. See the first post and follow the sign up instructions and then submit your formal request to sign up. If you are available to race tomorrow night, please confirm as such. From there, as long as you can get a livery together (see livery requirements) and submitted for approval before race time (9pm est), you'll be approved to race. Glad to have you onboard.

Track limit PSA.

Maybe this is known by everyone already. There is a ghost barrier present at pit exit approaching T1 as illustrated in pictures below. Separately, also be aware that cars right next to each other entering T1 may experience incidental contact as cars are moving from the oval-straight onto the apron. I experienced this a couple times against @Chris Kelley. This may disrupt your braking/line. ymmv

Notice airborne debris in front of my car. This appears to be associated with the orange square flush with track surface. In my case I was bounced out of line and into @Noob01_lmdead on my right. During the same race @socalnatv made ‘contact’ as you can see in speed change and also change of line (look at orientation of dark line in front of his car).

My takeaway: keep left tires on the right side of the white line as you go into T1.

IMG_2593.jpeg

IMG_2594.jpeg

IMG_2595.jpeg

IMG_2596.jpeg

IMG_2597.jpeg

Last edited:
Track limit PSA.

Maybe this is known by everyone already. There is a ghost barrier present at pit exit approaching T1 as illustrated in pictures below. Separately, also be aware that cars right next to each other entering T1 may experience incidental contact as cars are moving from the oval-straight onto the apron. I experienced this a couple times against @Chris Kelley. This may disrupt your braking/line. ymmv

Notice airborne debris in front of my car. This appears to be associated with the orange square flush with track surface. In my case I was bounced out of line and into @Noob01_lmdead on my right. During the same race @socalnatv made ‘contact’ as you can see in speed change and also change of line (look at orientation of dark line in front of his car).

My takeaway: keep left tires on the right side of the white line as you go into T1.

View attachment 1274121
View attachment 1274122

View attachment 1274123
View attachment 1274124
View attachment 1274125
Thanks man - yeah I also hit that invisible barrier racing against @Noob01_lmdead , maybe it’s him… 🤔😝

The other thing I’d call out is wind direction. It’s swung around heaps during practice, sometimes within the same session. Made a huge difference in braking points, top speed, and car stability. Fingers crossed we get stable conditions for our races 👌🐬

Track limit PSA.

View attachment 1274121
View attachment 1274122

View attachment 1274123
View attachment 1274124
View attachment 1274125
Well, isn’t that illegal anyway? That’s crossing the pit exit line isn’t it? Or no that’s the oval pit exit line. Interesting find. That’s what it is. On the oval they think you don’t have any business down there anyway. I bet there’s a cone setting there if you go to the Oval. They just made it invisible for the International Circuit. That’s why it’s orange, lol. Still you’re cutting into the pit exit lane technically. I would think it would be considered illegal to cross that line. That would be Nova’s forte.

Last edited:
Screenshot_20230825_071740_Samsung Internet.jpg

Drivers Meeting

Its been a busy few weeks for me with summer and family time, and organizing events for the local 4th Gen Camaro Club I started this season. With that said, I have been keeping up on the thread and the series from the shadows the last few weeks, and have had very little seat time. I am planning to race tonight, but I would like to have someone available and on the ready to direct the night in the event I cannot make it. We are having a birthday party for my daughter tomorrow which will have me getting the house ready this evening, and may have unexpected pre-party party company tonight. @Bologna_Duc , @Phlano099 , or @Chris Kelley , please let me know if one of you might be able to cover if needed. I'd ask that all drivers be sure to have the above driver's PSN names on your PSN friends list before race time. I will notify of my status by around 7-7:30pm est.

Grid Business
Good morning to all the drivers who will be attending tonight's 4th event at Daytona's International Road Course. We are currently sitting at 13 drivers confirmed for tonight's races, so there are 3 open grid spots for those available and interested in racing. Please confirm or notify your intent to race here in the thread or pm me via psn. At the moment, all confirmed drivers are noted as attending, and have until 9:10pm est (5 minutes prior to Start of Qualifying) to secure their spot. @Akzl298 - keep me posted on your status when you know.

We do have 3 open grid spots available. Any last minute drivers that confirm their status to race, please be sure to submit their spec sheets via psn between 9:00pm-9:10pm est (submission window for all drivers) to my psn: NOVA-0479. A primary party chat will be open for our 16 drivers on grid. If anyone is not present by 9:10pm est, I will PSN message the available Reserves. If a prioritized Reserve is not online, the next Reserve driver will be offered the spot if available and ready to enter room.

Reminder to all drivers:
All confirmed drivers are holding 1 of 16 grid spots. Please notify me as soon as reasonably possible if you are unable to make the event. The latest acceptable notice without any recourse is 9:10pm est. Any drivers who are confirmed to attend, and fails to appear, will be placed on automatic Reserve for their next confirmed event.

Drivers Briefing
A few reminders for Daytona:
1.) Be mindful in the opening laps. Be patient, and avoid contact/incident at all cost. Incidents that result in an issued caution, in the opening 2 laps, will come under automatic review for any possible infractions and penalized as necessary. Please be patient, brake earlier, and respect your opponent driver's space/line..they are not brakes or guard rails.
2.) Turns 1 & 2 and LeMans Chicane (bus stop): There is no written rule for these sections, but I'd ask all drivers to exercise caution and good judgement through these sections. Know when you have lost the position when approaching these sections, and be considerate enough to back out to avoid the risk of incidents. This series will continue to induce some very close quarters racing, and one slow up, or mistake could result in yourself, both, or many drivers losing position....don't be that guy. If both drivers are dead on, side by side, proceed with caution, and hold your lines. Just be warned that attempting to go side by side in these sections cleanly will slow both of you down and almost guarantee a loss of position(s) from other attacking drivers. BE CAREFUL and AVOID CONTACT ;)
3.) See this Event Details Link , and review for driver specs, race details, and allowable track boundaries for Daytona.

Final Reminders:
-Please be sure that everyone is on a wired connection to their PS5 (in any way possible)
-Clear cache before entering the race room
Lets try to do the best we can to reduce the jitters within the lobby.
Any drivers that are noted or noticed to create continuous issues will be asked to retire for the event.

Good Luck to all drivers, and see everyone at 9pm est tonight. :cheers:

1. NOVA-0479 / @llNovall (#4)
2. Sand_68 / @socalnatv (#68)
3. tyro_2004_2004 / @Tyro (#40)
4. Ice Warden / @IceWarden (#22)
5. DucatiRobb / @Bologna_Duc (#88)
6. Phlano_099 / @Phlano099 (#99)
7. Rauljimenez76 / @Noob01_lmdead (#12)
8. Nyati_Jumapili / @Nyati_Jumapil (#31)
9. AKZL298 / @Akzl298 (#298)
10. saber_stance / @Saber_stance (#25)
11. kgffty / @Kgffy (#84)
12. IforceV8 / @IforceV8 (#36)
13. SRT_Guido / @GTP_Guido (#69)
14. Sandite5 / @Sandite5 (#19)
15. TooBadIts_A_KIA / @johnnypaws (#76)
16. fudman420 / @Fudman420 (#42)
17. rsrgse / @rsrgse (#7)
18. R1600Turbo / @R1600Turbo (#62)
19. MrDonovan / @MrDonovan (#27)
20. xWARMACHINE84x/ @Chris Kelley (#3)
21. Dioready / @AColon (#21)
22. JDMKing13 / @JDMKING13 (#9)

Last edited:
That looked like you and I at RA.lol
Oh, I’d love to bump these babies up to 650 HP. We would do some real racing then.lol
I do a lot better with high horse power. Even if the cars were a little heavier. Around about 3300-3400 lbs.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back