**COMPLETED ** SNAIL Gr4-MPCC Season 1 Champions: GTR4MROD(GS)/ MrDonovan(TCR)

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,184 comments
Not on a team yet. But if you like to join with another Cayman, I can start an 'A-Team'?
Please remember, Reserve Drivers are not eligible for designated teams since they will be stand ins for a team when a primary driver is absent. In the event a primary driver spot becomes available, the Reserve driver who secures the Primary spot will permanently join the team of the driver he is replacing.

Last edited:
Teams Formed so far:

Team: HPS/Rebel Rock Racing

Drivers:
1.) II-NOVA-II / No. 4 / GS Class
2.) Moby45 / No. 45 / TCR Class
6134566804574437900_0-jpg.907355

Team: Atlantic Racing Team (ArT)
Drivers:
1.) PrivateSmiles / No. 27 / GS Class
2.) Duce_LST/ No. 28 / GS Class
5846332029906486804_0-jpg.908096

Team: Team OMG
Drivers:
1.) OMG_vsfit / No. 84 / TCR Class
2.) OMG_HB2m6 / No. 81 / TCR Class
6134549211984725532_0.jpg

Team: Team Polaris
Drivers:
1.) Stelephant/ No. 12 / TCR Class
2.) Fudman420 / No. 42 / TCR Class
upload_2020-4-9_22-27-56-jpg.908221

Last edited:
Please remember, Reserve Drivers are not eligible for designated teams since they will be stand ins for a team when a primary driver is absent. In the event a primary driver spot becomes available, the Reserve driver who secures the Primary spot will permanently join the team of the driver he is replacing.
OK. That works for me. "A-Team" ready and willing. LOL

DesertPenguin has withdrawn his primary driver entry to Reserve status. Noob01_lmdead and Roman_GT23 have both stated they want to be Reserve status. @Xradkins has been moved up to primary status and is eligible to team up for the series. @GCimprezaFTW and Xrad, youbfellas are welcome to team up. GC, let me know if you need an edit on your livery if you decide on a different team name.

Last edited:
5846332029906486804_0.jpg

Exhibition Race Night 1
Tonight, 4/10/2020
10:30pm est

ALL DRIVERS, PLEASE REVIEW BELOW:
Room will open at 10:30pm est
-20 minute open lapping to set grid
-Room will be reset to Reverse Grid to place TCR cars at the front.
40 minute Race (laps to equal time) to start at 10:50pm est to around 11:30pm est.
-When race is started, TCR Class will start on green. GS Class will delay 10 seconds , then parade start (max 65 mph) to the exit of turn 2. Lead GS car sets the start on exit of that corner.
-The idea is to simulate class traffic while also giving plenty of laps for timing data.
Please see the Spoiler Box below for rules and etiquette during cross Class racing.

In this section are rules and track etiquette pertaining to Multi-Class racing: when to race and when to concede, and proper ways to do so.
GS Class race cars out power and out perform TCR Class race cars in just about every category: power, cornering, and outright speed. Depending on the track, pace per lap can vary from 2.0-4.0 seconds from one class to the other. Drivers from both classes must consider the differences in acceleration, cornering speeds, and especially differences in braking distances.
Use the following rules and guidelines during races in traffic.
GS Class Rules
-GS Class rules are rather simple:
*GS Class race cars may pass or attempt to pass slower TCR traffic at anytime, anywhere on track, so long as it can be done cleanly, safely, and without incident.

*Contact must be avoided at all times. (Pick your spots and set up to pass in the safest and easiest places such as straightaways whenever possible.)
*Under no circumstance should a GS car barge, push, or bump harass a TCR car out of the way.
*Flashing headlights are acceptable to signal an attempt to pass is eminent. (Lone TCR cars must yield position to GS cars when flashed. TCR cars in battle may continue to race, but recognize a flash from a GS car as a courtesy and warning that a pass is being attempted.)

TCR Class Rules
TCR cars racing alone or outside of 1 second of a same class car, the following pertains:
*Never block or hold up a faster GS Class car for any reason in this circumstance.
*If/when headlights flashed or approached by a GS car, yield the position as safely and as soon as possible as stated below:
-when yielding on a straightaway, GENTLY pull off the racing line and let the approaching GS Car(s) pass safely.
-when being approached by a GS car at the entry of a corner, mid corner, or corner exit: do not make any sudden or abrupt changes in your racing line. Hold your line and simply lift off the throttle to make the pass easier for any passing GS car(s)

TCR Class Cars engaged in close quarters battle (side by side or within 1 second of in class car), the follow pertains:
*TCR Class drivers are encouraged to race and battle hard for their positions, therefore they are not required to yield position to advancing GS cars in any way. (Flashing headlights from a GS car is to be interpreted as a warning that a pass attempt is coming. NO NEED TO YIELD, but DO NOT BLOCK)
*Example scenarios:
-Example 1 (in corner)
2 TCR cars engaged in a battle going through any part of a corner and being approached by 2 battling GS Cars- Race your race and maintain your lines through the corner, but just be aware of their attempts and place on track. (GS cars may pass, but must do so cleanly and safely, avoiding contact)
Example 2 (Straight away)
Battling TCR cars may choose any line into, through, or on exit of any corner. Once onto the straight away and drag racing or drafting, TCR cars may still choose their desired line (allowed 1 racing move per normal rules), again, being aware of advancing GS cars. As it is not required, it is encouraged that battling TCR drivers maintain a line, or even race off the racing line to allow the faster GS cars an easy pass while still being able race. (Better to let them get by so the focus can be on your in-class battle)

If any driver has questions in any way, please ask and get clarification before the season starts. Better to have clear insights than not be sure.

Hopefully we have a strong turnout tonight for more timing data, but also to have a great race.
Lastly, Be sure to apply your BOP regulations for your car which can be found in the 2and post of this thread.
See you all tonight.:cheers:

Last edited:
To clarify, once the light goes green the TCR cars go at full speed right? Or are we all doing a pace lap?

Gotta ask why they call that turn 1 but don't call the kink between 4 and 5 a turn? Track map guy maybe had a few too many adult beverages when he created it?
My GUESS is because he couldn't see around the turn, before and or after the drinks. The hill makes it a blind turn. At least for me it does. Its always made me wonder how they decided the turn numbers. Old layout turn numbers are probably carried over to this longer Modern layout. Many folks never saw the old layout. I was there before the change a few times. I have seen many improvements to Laguna all in the name of safety. Deaths have happen here. The essence of this track is still the corkscrew!

Does the game model it incorrectly or is the track map off because there is no kink in-game? Edit- the map shows the footbridge in a different spot as well.
IMG_20200410_165754.jpg

My GUESS is because he couldn't see around the turn, before and or after the drinks. The hill makes it a blind turn. At least for me it does. Its always made me wonder how they decided the turn numbers. Old layout turn numbers are probably carried over to this longer Modern layout. Many folks never saw the old layout. I was there before the change a few times. I have seen many improvements to Laguna all in the name of safety. Deaths have happen here. The essence of this track is still the corkscrew!

You must be old because the track map has always been the same for me aside from adding sausage kerbs. Even in the 90's during the super touring days the track was this shape. I have only seen a couple of pictures of one of the older layouts.

By chance do you have any more? If I remember correctly it was pretty quick and scarey.

Race room open:
ID: 0475 4368 4043 7125 2292
0475 4368 3980 7979 6292
Friends only

Party chat open

Last edited:
Sorry to bail. Not having a good night. Sore and can’t do it.
All good Johnny. Turned out being a good night for data and we did end up dropping a last minute caution just to bunch everyone back up...worked out well considering no one was quite sure what was going on, but cooperated perfectly. May have to run a rehearsed caution in our next Exhibition night to give everyone a good feel for the process. I'll post up a caution protocol over the next week or 2 outlining how it should play it if/when called. Sorry we missed ya for the rest of the race, but I'll look forward to some racing with you next Friday in the Porsche.:cheers:

Post Test Event Report
4/11/20
Thanks to all drivers who made it for the first official exhibition night. Started with a full grid and carried 14 drivers to the end. It was a good trial of how cross Class traffic would play out, and we had that last minute caution called to bunch the field back up which worked out well considering. I have already had a chance to review the timing data, and have made any adjustments that were needed.
The updated BOP regulations have been posted in post #2 of this thread. Please apply the changes when able. The numbers used for the event last night are archived in the SPOILER box in that post for a reference history. Overall, fast lap times were pretty close overall, but after assessing everyone's avg lap pace, my hope is the new numbers will bring everyone even closer.

I will be working on a set caution process to be added to the first post when complete with details such as when and how to call a caution, and what the process will be when one is called. I'll tag everyone when its together, and hope to rehearse it at some point over the next 2 exhibition events.

With a busy couple Friday nights over the next few weeks (Porsche GT3 Cup, then Lambo, then unavailable), May 8th will be the target date for our next exhibition event. I'll post the where as we get closer.

Lastly, I wanted to thank everyone for their input and opinions post race, and for participating in the process to get everyone balanced.

I'll see most of you next Friday at Fuji for the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge, and the rest in a few weeks.:cheers:

Livery for Lukoil Megane Gr. 4

6701945661290480648_23.jpg
Looks great @Phlano099

Just wanted to hit you, @TEX36, @nmcp1, and @CPT_RowdyGiff in regards to teaming up. You guys are the only ones left who have not teamed up. If you fellas are interested in running for a team effort for points, decide who with, and let me know what your team name will be. Both drivers of each team will need to apply the team name decal to your cars. I know Tex already has Moorespeed as his team name and I can easily supply it to whoever teams with him. For the other, if decal help is needed for a team name, let me know. You guys are welcome to run solo, but will only score points toward the team effort based on one drivers score instead of 2. Post up and let me know.

Also, @GCimprezaFTW and @Xradkins, have you guys come up with a team name, and do you need help on a team decal for your cars. Let me know.

Looks great @Phlano099

Just wanted to hit you, @TEX36, @nmcp1, and @CPT_RowdyGiff in regards to teaming up. You guys are the only ones left who have not teamed up. If you fellas are interested in running for a team effort for points, decide who with, and let me know what your team name will be. Both drivers of each team will need to apply the team name decal to your cars. I know Tex already has Moorespeed as his team name and I can easily supply it to whoever teams with him. For the other, if decal help is needed for a team name, let me know. You guys are welcome to run solo, but will only score points toward the team effort based on one drivers score instead of 2. Post up and let me know.

Also, @GCimprezaFTW and @Xradkins, have you guys come up with a team name, and do you need help on a team decal for your cars. Let me know.

Currently working on it. I think Xrad has a great decal idea, but hit a technical snag... we'll keep you posted!

Back