**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
6998607090857017868_0.jpg

Since I grabbed a TOPP, I figured I'd link the tuning page here, and let everyone know there is a link to access all archived and shared tunes at the bottom of the first post of this thread. As more become available, I will add to the list.
Available and Shared Tunes

Last edited:
"I have reviewed the series details and would like to participate in this series as a reserve driver."
You have been added to the drivers list as the first Reserve Driver, and rated at a Platinum Class. Please review the first post of the thread for all the series details if you have not already.
Also, please review and get familiar with the Reserve Driver Process, and be sure to add and save all Platinum Class liveries available in the same link. Glad to have you, and welcome aboard.

Last edited:
Lapping/Tuning session open
Room ID: 0475 4215 6684 8958 9828

ROOM CLOSED

Last edited:
Hey Fellas,
We just got 2 Reserve Driver signups (@LightningFox and @Noob01_lmdead) over the weekend which will help give us some coverage during the season when we have an absence or 2. We have 4 more openings, but I would like to get at least 2 more signed up to guarantee we always have as full of a grid as possible. Please put the word out and try to attract some interest. With 1 race per month, I want to make sure we have as close to 16 drivers as we can get for all races. Thanks for the help.

Hey Nova I think I'm going to go ahead and remove my name from this series. I'm just not into spending time I don't really have tuning. I get that folks are saying it doesn't take much time and are trying to be helpful but I read your post about practice this morning and I just realized I didn't want to even start the process.

Hey Nova I think I'm going to go ahead and remove my name from this series. I'm just not into spending time I don't really have tuning. I get that folks are saying it doesn't take much time and are trying to be helpful but I read your post about practice this morning and I just realized I didn't want to even start the process.
Hey Fudman,
I still think your dropping out prematurely. Some drivers that have tried the tuning have found they have gained no time, only stability and confidence. My suggestion is to just drop the weight to 2723lbs, then run laps at Barcelona since we have times to compare to there, and see where you fall. If you are in the 1:50's consistently would be competitive. Please try it out before giving up your position on the drivers list.

Last edited:
My big issue with tuning is everything Nova just listed is like trying to read Spanish...i have no idea what any of that is or does to the car and I don't have the time to try and figure it out. I understand the diff stuff but only because he explained it.

I speak spanish but i dont understand either what all the variables are

Really, really, wished I could've made this work but unfortunately it doesn't align well with my "real life" schedule. Sorry.
Any chance you might want to sign up as a Reserve driver. If there is an absence by a primary driver and you happen to be available and can race, you could fill in. Low commitment, but there if you are.

I just realized that my Blancpain GT3 series is gonna run past your opening week. I changed the schedule to have that week off so I can race here. For September can you please have it on the 20th and not the 13th? Otherwise I'd have to delay my series another week and that's pushing it to a three month season which is kinda long.

I just realized that my Blancpain GT3 series is gonna run past your opening week. I changed the schedule to have that week off so I can race here. For September can you please have it on the 20th and not the 13th? Otherwise I'd have to delay my series another week and that's pushing it to a three month season which is kinda long.
The schedule is already set in coordination with the Snail Friday night openings, and I would like to keep a static schedule of every 4 weeks starting from August 16th if at all possible. Remember in the event you cannot make the race, only the top 6 points nights count toward the season total standings, so 1 or 2 missed race nights should be ok.

Oh okay. I'll keep the week off in my series because it comes at halfway so it breaks the season in half. Then I'll just miss the September Porsche race, sorry. I have every night available for racing but it seems Fridays and weekends are best for everyone.

Oh okay. I'll keep the week off in my series because it comes at halfway so it breaks the season in half. Then I'll just miss the September Porsche race, sorry. I have every night available for racing but it seems Fridays and weekends are best for everyone.
Completely understand. That's why I figured I'd have drop nights for missed race nights or bad performance. It will keep the series contention close.

@Rob Brown
@GTP_Guido
@Clean Racer
Great lapping session this afternoon at Maggiore. Tough track on racing hard tires. 2:01.5 was all of it for me, with avg lap times in the low 2:02's. Track certainly favors the race medium tires with times in the mid 2:00's. Im sure the D1'ers will find the times on racing hards, but I feel low 2:01's on RH may be my ceiling at this track. Still need to find a little time. With the mix of tracks, tires, skill sets, and different tuning strategies, it should all make for a pretty competitive season. Also, being the first time racing with others with a tuned car, it was much more engaging being able to focus all my attention on the car I was chasing than trying to just keep the car on the track. Looking forward to the season opener.:cheers:

Last edited:
I enjoyed the 1 race I could stick around for. There is still a characteristic in the car that I have not been able to tune out. The drivetrain has a tendency to resist a little in low speed tight corners. Maybe I have play with the decel a bit more.

I enjoyed the 1 race I could stick around for. There is still a characteristic in the car that I have not been able to tune out. The drivetrain has a tendency to resist a little in low speed tight corners. Maybe I have play with the decel a bit more.
Lower your initial to around 7-8. Allows the diff to unlock quicker

I was running the trans fast slider at 193. Had good pull out of corners. Also, my accel is 20

I really wish PD had just given us the real Cup Car. I swear, I have no idea what they are thinking with these updates..but, I digress.

Hey fellas,
Tried my own tune, and a few that are publicly available from the tuning forum, and so far, for me, the Priano tune is very good. Good pace, very stable, and best of all very predictable and consistent.
Any chance of a lobby opening today?

Back