• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
20191021_214923.jpg

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
Special Event #2
1 hour Endurance Race
at
LeMans

-accelerated tire wear and fuel, requiring a pit strategy.
-ALL RACE TIRE Compounds will be available to all drivers entered.
-all primary drivers will use their Season livery
-all others will be issued a Reserve livery upon sign up.
-all season settings and car regulations will apply to this race.

Vehicle and Regulations
'16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
491hp
2723lbs
Tuning allowed
RH,RM,RS allowed for use

Link for Tunes

Race Details
15 laps (just over 1 hour)
20x tire wear
2x fuel consumption
RH,RM, and RS tires available
15min qualifying session
60 minute Race
22:00 Evening/Clear

Fuel pit window: 4-6 laps
Tire degradation:
RS: 3-4 laps/ RM: 4-6 laps/RH: 6+ laps

Room to open 9pm est Friday, Nov 1st
Entry window: 9pm-9:15pm est
9:15pm est: start 15 minute qualifying
9:30-1030pm est: Race

Please reply here in the thread if you would be interested and available to race.

First 16 replies guarantee their spots on the grid up until the start of Qualifying at 9:15pm est on Race night. Additional sign ups are welcome and will likely be needed come race time. At 9:15pm est, any opening on the grid will be filled with Reserve drivers.

Confirmed Attendance
1)👍@llNovall
2)👍@GTP_Guido
3)👍@DesertPenguin-questionable
4)👍@Drummer79
5)👍@TEX36
6)👍@Phlano099

7) 👍 @Harry Rowley
8)👍 @stelephant
9)👍 @Herimopp89 -questionable
10) 👍 @Roman_GT23
11) 👍 @pags
12)👍 @Moby45
13)👍 @CPT_RowdyGiff
14)👍 @nmcp1

@thracerviewr
@Rob Brown
@Raw10_2u
@basswerks1
@USERID_77a23
@vsfit
@Fudman420
@gulfvet67

@Noob01_lmdead
@DublDee
@TomMang_68
@N38824r
@todally_lit
@WildOne1976
@oharagbr19
@LightningFox

Bump to next page.

Last edited:
Well, if we not racing Lambos, hell yeah!
Commitment seems light right now for the Lambo series. Highly likely I will push the start date back to at least beginning of December in the hope of getting more drivers. Until then, a Porsche GT3 Cup Special Event could be a nice fill in.👍

View attachment 859345

Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge
Special Event #2
1 hour Endurance Race
at
LeMans

-accelerated tire wear and fuel, requiring a pit strategy.
-ALL RACE TIRE Compounds will be available to all drivers entered.
-all primary drivers will use their Season livery
-all others will be issued a Reserve livery upon sign up.
-all season settings and car regulations will apply to this race.

Vehicle and Regulations
'16 Porsche 911 GT3 RS
491hp
2723lbs
Tuning allowed
RH,RM,RS allowed for use

Link for Tunes

Race Details
15 laps (just over 1 hour)
20x tire wear
2x fuel consumption
RH,RM, and RS tires available
15min qualifying session
60 minute Race

Fuel pit window: 4-6 laps
Tire degradation:
RS: 3-4 laps/ RM: 4-6 laps/RH: 6+ laps

Room to open 9pm est Friday, Nov 1st
Entry window: 9pm-9:15pm est
9:15pm est: start 15 minute qualifying
9:30-1030pm est: Race

This post is a gauge of interest as well as a commitment to race if scheduled.
If this Special Event Race gets at least 12 drivers signed up by next Monday, at 8pm est, this event will be scheduled. Please reply here in the thread if you would be interested in racing.

First 16 replies guarantee their spots on the grid, however additional sign ups are welcome and will likely be needed come race time.

Confirmed Attendance
1)👍@llNovall
2)👍@GTP_Guido
3)👍@DesertPenguin
4)👍@Drummer79
5)👍@TEX36
6)👍@Phlano099
7) :tup:CleanRacer
8)👍@Fudman420

@thracerviewr
@Rob Brown
@Raw10_2u
@basswerks1
@USERID_77a23
@vsfit
@nmcp1
@WildOne1976
@pags
@CPT_RowdyGiff
@gulfvet67

@Noob01_lmdead
@DublDee
@TomMang_68
@N38824r
@todally_lit
@WildOne1976
@oharagbr19
@LightningFox

Bump to next page.

Yupp, would love to join. Please count me in.....

Appreciated.

Last edited:
Yup, Race softs will last 3-4laps tops, RM: 4-5, and RH: 6+laps. Try it and let me know if you get near the same results
So, a 1 hour race on RS tires equals 14 to 15 pit stops? Will you use those settings for qualifying as well?

EDIT - Disregard: I am way off...4 to 5 laps here is between 15 and 20 minutes.

I'm guessing it's going to be closer to 3-6 stops depending on strategy. Though, I'll give away a secret that there is a fairly simple mathematical solution that will tell you that there is usually only one true strategy option if you want to win. Obviously driving skill and setup can vary, which can cause a faster driver who didn't strategise properly to lose to a slower driver who did their math. However, if everyone does the same standard enduro pit strategy testing.....they should all come up with the same pit strategy.

I'm guessing it's going to be closer to 3-6 stops depending on strategy. Though, I'll give away a secret that there is a fairly simple mathematical solution that will tell you that there is usually only one true strategy option if you want to win. Obviously driving skill and setup can vary, which can cause a faster driver who didn't strategise properly to lose to a slower driver who did their math. However, if everyone does the same standard enduro pit strategy testing.....they should all come up with the same pit strategy.

Damn, think my head just exploded! :lol:

Yeah, I corrected myself in the previous post.:cheers:

So, a 1 hour race on RS tires equals 14 to 15 pit stops? Will you use those settings for qualifying as well?

EDIT - Disregard: I am way off...4 to 5 laps here is between 15 and 20 minutes.
During testing on RS, I was able to get 2 hot laps and on 3rd lap, the tires starting falling off quickly at which point I pit at the end of 3rd lap with about 1.5 laps left before empty on fuel. With some conservation of the tires, you could possibly stretch tires to 4 laps, but not advised. (I would use race soft for qualifying and start of race, and then pit early, or run other tires to end of lap 12, then go on RS for a push to the end. What happens in between is left to choice.)
I then fueled up, and applied RM tires. With fuel conservation thru short shifting, but leaning on the tires, I was able to pit at the end of 5 laps with .8 of a lap remaining of fuel, but tires started falling off during lap 4, held ok til middle of lap 5, then fell off in the last sector. Went in to pit at end of lap 5.
I began running on RH, but had to go for work, but given 6 laps could likely be achieved on 1 fuel load, RH should last well up to or past the 6 laps.
Basically, depending on strategy, drivers will need to pit at 2-4 times over the entire race. Should be a very fun and challenging Race.:cheers:

Last edited:
I don’t want to over commit and run this special event. Thinking of wife and child. Looking forward to Spa on the 20th tho . . . :lol:
No problem, family first. Hopefully we will have some news on Spa by Monday, otherwise, I'll be flipping Nov and Dec venues, which would take us to Barcelona.

Alright fellas, we have 9 drivers on the grid so far, and I'm confident we will get a few more before Friday, Nov. 1st. Either way, the Special Event at LeMans is now scheduled. See the link below for all Event details, and see you all on the grid.

SNAIL- Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge, Special Event #2: All are welcome to sign up, See Details inside.
I would like to be “in” for this race as well. I will post my livery later (it meets the regs) and will be in #12 if possible.

I would like to be “in” for this race as well. I will post my livery later (it meets the regs) and will be in #12 if possible.
Great to have you, and excited to see what you have for your livery. You will be a Gold Class driver, so follow the livery standards as listed in the first post. Also, please select a team would you like to race for? (I can provide their decal for your choice.)
ACI Motorsports
FLYING Lizard Motorsports
Jdx racing
TOPPRacing
TPC Racing
NGT Motorsport

Back