**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge: Season 1 Champion: Rob Brown

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,627 comments
I really wish you could run this weekly. Does it have to be under SNAIL Friday night rules? Why not just make it every Friday and if the invitationals or special events come up people can choose this or that

Hey, great racing guys!

That was fun and thanks for letting me join. Apologies to funman420 for contact and shoving him off on lap 1 race 1 in the final chicane. I didn't even realize how bad it was until I watched the replay. So so sorry, dude. I do not drive like that. :banghead:
Great having you. Hope to get you on the drivers list even if it's as an alternate. Good racing with you.

Great racing tonight and thank you to everyone who raced with us. Congrats to @thracerviewr for the sweep on the night, though nmcp1 and Raw10_2u did make him work for it. While the whole pack was spread out a bit, battles still seemed to happen regardless of where we were on the grid, and that was with the limited numbers tonight. My hope is with a near full grid, the battling will be that much more intense, and the challenge for our faster drivers will be bigger. Still have about 6 weeks before the season starts. Hopefully we can get 5-6 reserve drivers on the list to guarantee that full grid at all times. Anyway, great racing with you all tonight, and take a look at the video above of the awesome 3 way dogfight between @nmcp1, @thracerviewr, and @Raw10_2u along with the scoresheet and some photos of tonight's racing below.

7071312230251233808_0.jpg
7062305022272341520_0.jpg
7062305031401243160_0.jpg
6926638482081187352_0.jpg
6917631290881606168_0.jpg
6926634085781603864_0.jpg
7061742072855790096_0.jpg

Last edited:
Ok fellas, anyone who raced last night, I would like to get some opinions and input on the format, the racing, is it working...and so on. We have 6 weeks to tweak as necessary so all opinions or ideas to make it better before the season start are welcome and open to be considered. Thanks again for the racing last night and look forward to your feedback.

@thracerviewr
@nmcp1
@Fudman420
@Clean Racer
@Raw10_2u
@Rob Brown
@TEX36
@Bubdub804
@Noob01_lmdead

Not sure yet. Pick up rooms and lap sessions should be up here and there. I will try to get another Exhibition night scheduled in the next 2-3 weeks to try any new or amended ideas. Stay posted.

Couple of thoughts, I personally run pretty good for about the length of our races on Sunday night, after that I made to many mistakes and fell pretty far back on each race. Longer races are going to be an adjustment for me. Overall I felt like i could run with the platinum division guys but they make less mistakes while being close to the same pace.
I'd like to see testing of some sort at each of the tracks. It's hard to say if gaps will increase or decrease depending on the track. Maybe a night of 2 races of 5 laps at half of the circuits and another night with the remaining circuits.
Random thought, we know rain is coming. This is a 10 month series and we might want to utilize the rain at some point. I know we don't have enough details to make any decisions but we might start brainstorming how to even the field on a day where everyone is on a wet tire.

Couple of thoughts, I personally run pretty good for about the length of our races on Sunday night, after that I made to many mistakes and fell pretty far back on each race. Longer races are going to be an adjustment for me. Overall I felt like i could run with the platinum division guys but they make less mistakes while being close to the same pace.
I'd like to see testing of some sort at each of the tracks. It's hard to say if gaps will increase or decrease depending on the track. Maybe a night of 2 races of 5 laps at half of the circuits and another night with the remaining circuits.
Random thought, we know rain is coming. This is a 10 month series and we might want to utilize the rain at some point. I know we don't have enough details to make any decisions but we might start brainstorming how to even the field on a day where everyone is on a wet tire.
Awesome feedback. I found myself struggling for pace as well after lapping 2 races, so going to be an adjustment for me as well. Consistency and focus certainly are going to be factors in staying near the top. I do like the idea of running a round Robin night on tracks to see where the pace falls on various layouts. Looking at fast laps, the spread was very close across the field until the final race, but the 1:50's that were found by many shows that with enough practice the times can be achieved across many skill sets. Perfect example was the pressure that Raw a D3 driver was putting on Race and nmcp1, both D1 drivers. In regard to wet conditions, we would have to trial run for pace and find some kind of handicap to make it work.

Awesome feedback. I found myself struggling for pace as well after lapping 2 races, so going to be an adjustment for me as well. Consistency and focus certainly are going to be factors in staying near the top. I do like the idea of running a round Robin night on tracks to see where the pace falls on various layouts. Looking at fast laps, the spread was very close across the field until the final race, but the 1:50's that were found by many shows that with enough practice the times can be achieved across many skill sets. Perfect example was the pressure that Raw a D3 driver was putting on Race and nmcp1, both D1 drivers. In regard to wet conditions, we would have to trial run for pace and find some kind of handicap to make it work.

I would like to see some dynamic weather involved as well.As for the format,I thought it was perfect.You chose the right car for this old man,I love the mid,rear,engine packages,they just fit my driving style.That is why I was able to give you D1/2 guys so much hell! The added lap counts will only make us better drivers ,don't change it! The last race really showed how much we need to run longer races,the attrition was noticeable.If any of you guys have the replays,could you share them with me?I couldn't save them for my file system was full.

I would like to see some dynamic weather involved as well.As for the format,I thought it was perfect.You chose the right car for this old man,I love the mid,rear,engine packages,they just fit my driving style.That is why I was able to give you D1/2 guys so much hell! The added lap counts will only make us better drivers ,don't change it! The last race really showed how much we need to run longer races,the attrition was noticeable.If any of you guys have the replays,could you share them with me?I couldn't save them for my file system was full.
I'll have them shared later tonight or tomorrow for everyone. Weather will be something we certainly can try to incorporate assuming we can find a proper handicap to even the field. I like the format and longer races myself, just need to get used to the length and build up my concentration to stay on pace throughout the night. I still think with a full grid, the format and race length will fit perfect for this series, especially the qualifying/reverse grid/reverse grid layout. While the fastest guys will get a clean open run in the first race, at 1/2 points, they then need to work through the field and likely against the next fastest guys right in front of them, again only to obtain 1/2 points for the second race. Assuming they find their way to the front for the short second race, they again get reversed back to the rear for the last long race with the bigger points up for grabs. The defense of positions will be that much stronger and the fight to the front on a full grid could be very challenging even for the fastest of drivers. I felt for this series the burden should always fall on the fastest drivers, and will force more door to door racing among different pace and skill sets throughout the night. If a driver has won the night, they certainly earned it with this format. Thanks for the feedback and opinions, and I'll see you back out on the track.:cheers:

I really wish you could run this weekly. Does it have to be under SNAIL Friday night rules? Why not just make it every Friday and if the invitationals or special events come up people can choose this or that
I appreciate the want to run this series on a weekly basis, but with so many drivers involved with weekly series schedules, I feel like this would force too many to have to sacrifice one for the other and could grow stale after a month or 2. Also, I personally can only commit to one Friday a month with my work and family schedule. I liked the idea of a 1 race per month over a 10 month season, because it will stay fresh, be something to build up to and be excited to run when race night comes. Also, my hope is that after a 10 month season everyone will want to commit to come back for another, and the off months of June and July will be available to reorganize the drivers list, amend the format, or any other ideas we may want to present and try out. Basically I want the series to have longevity and staying power.

Hey, great racing guys!

That was fun and thanks for letting me join. Apologies to funman420 for contact and shoving him off on lap 1 race 1 in the final chicane. I didn't even realize how bad it was until I watched the replay. So so sorry, dude. I do not drive like that. :banghead:
All good! It's just a practice. I made a ton of mistakes as well! It was fun running with you. Looking forward to the series.

Looks like I will only miss Race 1 at Lago for the rest of the 2019 portion of the season.

I will have to wait and see about 2020.

Is the poll about tuning done and dusted? It looks like it was an even split.

Looks like I will only miss Race 1 at Lago for the rest of the 2019 portion of the season.

I will have to wait and see about 2020.

Is the poll about tuning done and dusted? It looks like it was an even split.
Awesome, glad you can make a nice chuck of the season. You will fill out the last primary spot on the drivers list. I'll have your issued team and livery posted shortly.
Yes, the tuning poll was a split. I wanted to get about a 75-80% for tuning to consider testing, but no point in continuing poll with no chance to achieve that majority. So, no tuning for this season.

Back