**COMPLETED** SNAIL-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Season 2 Champion: Roman_GT23

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 999 comments
For those struggling with setups, I found Piriano's RH/SS tune with some tweaks to the sway bars really good around here. But for those with extra weight, you're going to feel it lol. I tested base vs my +3 and the quick switching directions consecutively (mainly chicanes) is where it's the most painful and the time lost. I knew I should have brought my PS5 with me and just used a controller and died lol.

Last edited:
I have reviewed the series details and would like to participate in this series as a reserve driver.
Hi aedenmaddok,
Glad to have you back. Is this for this Friday's race event for LeMans or for Season 3 in the Porsches, or both? Happy to have you either way. If both, I'll get you on the Reserve roster for next season, and if available for this Friday, you have a spot since we're at 3 absences so far. I'll send over the Reserve livery once confirmed you will be racing.:cheers: Hope to see younon track.👍

I'm a glutton for punishment and terrible handling. Count me in :gtpflag: (for season 3)
Couldn’t have said it better myself :D
I’m in.
164F327E-C0C4-4587-9DD3-53FF8295A508.jpeg

S2 Event 12 Porsche GT3 Cup Spotter png file.png

Pre-Race Drivers Briefing
Season 2 Finale
Event #12
at LeMans

Friday, June 11th, 2021
9pm est

Event #12...the Season Finale at LeMans. Last Season saw a short grid for the final race, but did not lack in battles and strategy. We have a light field confirmed so far, but I'm hoping we might get a few more primaries to confirm, and maybe a Reserve or 2 to jump in to round out a full grid for our finale.
Be mindful...a solid fuel strategy will be a factor for this event.
No specific areas of question.
2 wheels inside the white line on runoff areas, or on the curbing at all times.
**Fuel strategy will be a factor for this event...be mindful to adjust as needed.**

As a reminder to all drivers, please verify your weight, and apply any issued and required success ballast based on the chart HERE

Also, drivers are reminded that this series now implements a success ballast and class graduating structure. Be sure to secure as many points as you can, even if its towards the back side of the grid....They add up over the 2 races in the event night.
See Tab 2.3 in the first post if you haven't already for Success Ballast details.

Race Room opens for entry and warmup at 9pm est. Please verify you are on the correct tires and in the correct livery. All entries must be in before qualifying which is set to start at 9:15pm est.
(Primary Party Chat will be opened just before the room creation)

Event #12 Grid and Roster Status
A very light turnout confirmed so far at only 10 drivers....honestly a bit disappointing considering its the finale at LeMans. Hopefully another 24 hours might bring a few more drivers to the event.

Below is our grid so far for tomorrow night:
Season 2 Primary Roster
👍 @llNovall
@Rob Brown
@nmcp1
👍 @TEX36
👍 @Phlano099
👍 @Roman_GT23
@Noob01_lmdead
(X) @Bologna_Duc
👍 @GTR4MROD
👍 @Yugofan
👍 @GTP_Guido
👍 @MrDonovan
(X) @Harry Rowley
👍 @Stryker13
(X) @IceWarden
@Gouletzky

Season 2 Reserve Roster Pool
@Moby45
👍 @Deal24 (1st Reserve)
@Fudman420
@Rotary_Pilot
@Kermit_2142
@MikeGrove
@SAMHAIN85

Any additional Reserves available, please reply in case an spot opens last minute.
[/SPOILER]Lets have a clean and competitive race night typical our Snail standards, and good luck to everyone. See you all at around 9pm est.:cheers:

Last edited:
I believe I will be able to attend. (A strong tentative anyway).

I apologize for not responding yet as I’ve been preoccupied with trying to get my new monitor sorted out (fastened). I was swapping out monitors for a simple trial and dropped my Samsung 50” NU8000. Less than a year old and $500 heap now.

I believe I will be able to attend. (A strong tentative anyway).

I apologize for not responding yet as I’ve been preoccupied with trying to get my new monitor sorted out (fastened). I was swapping out monitors for a simple trial and dropped my Samsung 50” NU8000. Less than a year old and $500 heap now.
Glad you can make it, and ouch.:scared:

Hi aedenmaddok,
Glad to have you back. Is this for this Friday's race event for LeMans or for Season 3 in the Porsches, or both? Happy to have you either way. If both, I'll get you on the Reserve roster for next season, and if available for this Friday, you have a spot since we're at 3 absences so far. I'll send over the Reserve livery once confirmed you will be racing.:cheers: Hope to see younon track.👍
I'll be a reserve driver for both.

I'll be a reserve driver for both.
Your in for tonight. Haven't heard from Gouletzky before the cutoff, so this post is your confirmation and Priority for the spot tonight. You be using Gouletzky's Kelly-Moss R&R livery for tonight and you'll be teamed up with Yugofan.
https://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gts...arLivery/livery/1138839/1/9079327217667833872
9079327217667833872_23-1.jpg

Be sure to have a peek at the ballast sheet on the first page. I believe you were at a +2%point add for weight from your early season win. Good luck and see you at 9pm est.:cheers:

Wow, to all the Reserves that stepped up to make on the grid tonight...very glad to have you all. With your entries, we managed to pack a full 16 car field for the season finale at LeMans. To all the last minute arrivals, LeMans does present a required awareness of fuel consumption and strategy...short shifting (all race?, part of the race?, beginning?, end?...so many options. A pit is not necessary if you play it right. Thanks again to all of you, and good luck on tonight's event.:cheers:

8080101016741118480_0.jpg

Post Race Report
Event #12
at LeMans
June 11th, 2021
LeMans closed Season 2 in dramatic fashion. I had a awesome 1st race battling for placement in the top 5 with @MikeGrove and @Roman_GT23 in the final laps of Race 1. Race 2 was off to a strong start, and while battling for 2nd place, a technical difficulty (wheel blacked out) mid corner sent me off the track and towards the back of the pack. I managed to recover a few spots to finish 10th.
@Phlano099 was just simply untouchable in is most dominant showing of the season. No one had an answer to his outright pace and consistency. Great job:cheers:!!
On a final note, final season standing points ended much closer than anyone expected. With @GTR4MROD rounding out the top 3 overall for season standings, points were only seperated by 9 points, with @Yugofan closing the gap from 1st to 2nd to within 5 points.... very close considering 10 months of racing over 12 events. In the end, @Roman_GT23 hung on to the overall to take the Season Championship Title.....Congratulations to a great season from our top 3, and to everyone who raced with us for the Series :cheers:!!
I plan to catch up on broadcasts for the final 2 events over the next few weeks while we are on break along with a photo dump as well.
Finally, feel free to share and elaborate on any battles, and if anyone would like to try an attempt at the full length replay broadcasts feel free, and please share the link.
Great racing gentlemen. :cheers:
No incidents have been filed. A few were noticed during my brief review of the replays, though most if not all appeared to have been worked out on track. Great Sportsmanship Gentlemen. :cheers:

Congratulations to our Event #12 Winner
@Phlano099
:cheers:
and our top 3 overall:
1ST: @Phlano099
2ND: @GTR4MROD
3RD: @MikeGrove

Final Ballast adjustments have been posted to see where we all finished the Season. All drivers will start Season 3 fresh with no ballast in the same class they finished S2. Have a look at the Season 3 details for the updated Ballasting rules.

Screenshot_20210613-093426_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20210613-093444_Sheets.jpg

Screenshot_20210613-093517_Sheets.jpg
All drivers start fresh for Season 3. Ballast Charts will be posted in Season 3 thread.
In Processing
In porcessing
For Actual Replays, use in game search tag:
snailgt3cup

Roster Changes:
No notable changes

8224166726926894592_0.jpg

Congratulations to our Season 2 Snail-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Champion:
@Roman_GT23
Great Racing!!

And as always, Great Racing to all Drivers who attended the Event #12 Season 2 Finale and for making Season 2 another successful run.

Lastly, the Season 3 thread has been opened and all current Series drivers have been tagged and invited for early sign ups until July 1st. If you haven't already, see the link below for series details, and instructions for signing back up for another season. Hoping for another great roster, and another great Season of Snail Porsche Cup Racing.
See most of you in July for the MPCC 7/16 opener, and hopefully the rest of you for the Porsche opener on Friday, July 30th at Fuji.
Next Event:
Season 3 Opener
Event #1 at
Fuji F (w'chicane)
Condition: TBD
on Friday, July 30th, 9pm est.

Drivers are welcomed and encouraged to confirm attendance/availability anytime.
Race event details and confirmation reminder posts to come in the weeks leading up to raceday.

Have a great Summer Break, and see you all in a few weeks if I don't catch you on track elsewhere before then.
@Rob Brown /no1needs2perish (Platinum)
@llNovall /II-NOVA-II (Platinum)
@nmcp1 /nmcp1 (Platinum)
@TEX36 /TEX36 (Gold)
@Phlano099 /Phlano_099 (Gold)-absent
@Roman_GT23 /Roman_GT23 (Platinum)
@Noob01_lmdead / rauljimenez76 (Gold)
@Bologna_Duc /Bologna_Duc (Gold)
@GTR4MROD / GTR4MROD (Gold)
@Yugofan / Yugofan (Gold)
@GTP_Guido / GTP_Guido (Gold)
@MrDonovan / MrDonovan (Gold)
@Harry Rowley/Harry Rowley (Gold)
@Stryker13 / DrSpyderPig (Platinum)
@IceWarden / Ice_Warden (Gold)
@Gouletzky / VLX_Gouletzky (Platinum)

Reserve Drivers
(no specific priority order until confirmed available)

@Moby45 /Moby45 (Platinum)
@MikeGrove /PX7-Grove (Platinum)
@Missedapex420 /Missedapex420 (Gold)
@Granadier/TPC_Granadier (Platinum)
@Kermit_2142 / Kermit_2142 (Platinum)
@Fudman420 / Fudman420 (Gold)
@Deal24 / fullerbunch (Gold)
@aedenmaddok / aedonmaddok (Gold)

Last edited:
View attachment 1017296
Congratulations to our Season 2 Snail-Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge Champion:
@Roman_GT23
Great Racing!!

I'm honestly..............honored (if that's even a thing? :lol:). I joined SNAIL a little bit over a year ago to add some variety to my Gran Turismo racing other than my GBRC club and my usual friends in the FIA's. And although I joined mid season that year, my goal was to win one of these and I saw how competitive these can get. @Phlano099 gave me a tap on the shoulder and said we should be teammates, and honestly he's been a great teammate to have. I knew my main rival would be @llNovall , as no matter what happens on track we always seem to find each other and battle it out, but some of you guys kept me honest ALL SEASON. It started with Duc, then some flashes from my teammate, Nova, and MROD, but ultimately it came down to me and @Yugofan. But regardless who was nipping at my heels or just utterly destroying me while dragging around Nova's kids or grand pianos, you all have made me give it my all, there was no such thing as a free lunch (even at Laguna Seca) and I feel I have become a better driver because of it. So I wanted to thank you all for a great season. I've had some moments of brilliance (Laguna Seca as a whole, my impossible win at Lake Maggiore holding off the RM peepz) while I've also had some boneheaded moments, Nurburgring GP, my mental fart behind Grove at Le Mans), but I will treasure this one and looking forward to defending the crown next season! :gtpflag:

Back