*COMPLETED* SNAIL-Porsche GT3 SuperCup Challenge: Congrats to our Season 3 Champ, fruitloop31!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,140 comments

Who's open to moving this Series to ACC after this season in Sept. '22?

• I have a PS5 and a copy of ACC and am ready to race for next season.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have a PS5, and would purchase ACC to continue racing the Porsche Cup

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am getting PS5 soon and would purchase ACC to be ready to race in Sept. '22

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I plan to get the PS5, but won't have it by September.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I have no plans to get the PS5 in the short term.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
If you guys have any technical difficulties that prevent a start at 8:30, then there’s a good chance that I can make the first race (I don’t mind missing qualifying). I’m not desiring a ‘difficulties’ scenario, but I am realistically enthusiastic (EDIT: that things may not start until 8:40.
If something changes, I will post something an hour before race time.)

Last edited:
I did my only long run practice this morning. fwiw here is screenshot after 44min on track at race simulation pace. I was pushing but not trying to set FL every time. Tire wear appears minimal on the graphic and I did not notice any significant grip difference over the duration. Which is great for an already slippery car. My setup also does not appear to threaten fuel limits. ymmv

Tough to get full details because of the really helpful black banner inserted over the bottom of screenshots. Is there a way to get rid of that?

20221366-5C00-408E-9B18-B3F1C02F1EA1.jpeg

I did my only long run practice this morning. fwiw here is screenshot after 44min on track at race simulation pace. I was pushing but not trying to set FL every time. Tire wear appears minimal on the graphic and I did not notice any significant grip difference over the duration. Which is great for an already slippery car. My setup also does not appear to threaten fuel limits. ymmv

Tough to get full details because of the really helpful black banner inserted over the bottom of screenshots. Is there a way to get rid of that?

View attachment 1156988
I usually just park to the side and take the screenshot from the live screen rather than the paused screen. That usually gets it.

Apologies for last race curse words? Thought app was muted and speaker off.

Totally shocked my pace first race, drove little angry getting knocked off track from lag, now regretting not practicing more and getting better quali spot

Second race again lagged got big punt and got lucky with some drama guessing lag and got to second to chase down Roman and I should of settled for second,

Anyways was good to be back racing, one thing I notice there’s some drivers that tend to lag more then others so don’t want to blame the unstable rooms all on GT7.

Last edited:
Apologies for last race curse words? Thought app was muted and speaker off.

Totally shocked my pace first race, drove little angry getting knocked off track from lag, now regretting not practicing more and getting better quali spot

Second race again lagged got big punt and got lucky with some drama guessing lag and got to second to chase down Roman and I should of settled for second,

Anyways was good to be back racing, one thing I notice there’s some drivers that tend to lag more then others so don’t want to blame the unstable rooms all on GT7.
Moving forward, I'm leaning towards designating @Rob Brown our dedicated host on race nights. He is probably most centrally located, and the rooms always tend to be more stable when he is hosting. I'm still in the belief that it's more on GT7's side, but better to eliminate one more possibility.

Moving forward, I'm leaning towards designating @Rob Brown our dedicated host on race nights. He is probably most centrally located, and the rooms always tend to be more stable when he is hosting. I'm still in the belief that it's more on GT7's side, but better to eliminate one more possibility.
@Rob Brown when he sees this...sooo, no ABS for everyone...
1654368592711.png

Nuetty's rant was better...

Do you think the lobbies act more like a fixed host?

Do you think the lobbies act more like a fixed host?
Not sure really. Our last Michelin event, even with Rob hosting...one minute room was unstable with a ton of issues, next minute it stabilized and afforded a very clean lobby. Feels more like a crap shoot.

The Real Driving Simulator

I was closing on @Trickybrewer as we approached the chicane. I recognized he bobbled a bit and was going a bit slower and giving him space as he tried to stay in bounds thru the 2nd part of the chicane. I assumed he applied too much throttle and lost traction or spun. These are two consecutive frame-by-frame shots during slo-mo replay separated by 0.33 seconds in which tricky goes from 50 to 59mph. During replay I realized I forgot about the Kaz-field around my car. My apologies.

IMG_2349.JPGIMG_2348.JPG

Then there is this video clip of @socalnatv and I side by side with what ought to be incidental contact.

This happens in real life too right?

Hmm, ok, maybe not. I’m fairly certain if these situations were replicated in GT7 lobbies at least one if not all three cars would be in the grass or gravel.

And then the lobby lag.

Clearly the leading car was lag bumped off track. Right PD? Riiiiiight. But this is a “long-term project”. Like the Great Wall or the Pyramids. Maybe next year.

I don’t recall this during our Gr4 race but that was pre-1.15 I believe? Rules of engagement for me are clear:
  1. rubbing is not racing, rubbing is crashing in GT7 lobbies
  2. stay at least one car length behind the car in front of me
  3. stay at least 1/2 a body length away from the car beside me
  4. don’t try passing in corners
I’ll be an easy target at Blue Moon Bay. Blow me Kaz.

Last edited:
The Real Driving Simulator

I was closing on @Trickybrewer as we approached the chicane. I recognized he bobbled a bit and was going a bit slower and giving him space as he tried to stay in bounds thru the 2nd part of the chicane. I assumed he applied too much throttle and lost traction or spun. These are two consecutive frame-by-frame shots during slo-mo replay separated by 0.33 seconds in which tricky goes from 50 to 59mph. During replay I realized I forgot about the Kaz-field around my car. My apologies.

View attachment 1158662View attachment 1158663

Then there is this video clip of @socalnatv and I side by side with what ought to be incidental contact.

This happens in real life too right?

Hmm, ok, maybe not. I’m fairly certain if these situations were replicated in GT7 lobbies at least one if not all three cars would be in the grass or gravel.

And then the lobby lag.

Clearly the leading car was lag bumped off track. Right PD? Riiiiiight. But this is a “long-term project”. Like the Great Wall or the Pyramids. Maybe next year.

I don’t recall this during our Gr4 race but that was pre-1.15 I believe? Rules of engagement for me are clear:
  1. rubbing is not racing, rubbing is crashing in GT7 lobbies
  2. stay at least one car length behind the car in front of me
  3. stay at least 1/2 a body length away from the car beside me
  4. don’t try passing in corners
I’ll be an easy target at Blue Moon Bay. Blow me Kaz.

Very much appreciate the vent, as I too have been left frustrated with the state of this title and especially the lobbies as well. To the point that some of the wind of enthusiasm as been knocked out of my sails lately. I've always looked forward to our race nights and the preparation that goes into them leading up to a race event, but lately, it's been harder and harder to maintain the enthusiasm knowing and experiencing so many of the issues that sucks the life out of the racing experiences we enjoy. From lobby stability issues, to lag, and most of all the utter lack of options....has me to a point of complete frustration....almost to the point of issuing a stay on both series or a summer break, if you will, to afford time for them to get their $#!+ together. Then again, who knows how long we'd have to wait....so the other part of me says to just forge on.
Once again, here's me hoping PD has some fixes and good updates in the near future.

I want to thank the couple of you fellas who stuck around post race to chat and reinforce the overall commitment for these series. While they are challenging and gt7 has presented challenges, the commitment from everyone in these series shows how strong the interest is for this type of racing. I personally have seen my interest on a low the last few weeks with the state of lobbies and their on/off stability, and with family and work soaking up more time windows, it's been harder to "force" myself to practice and be more prepared for these series. And, what bits if time I do have, I have been setting it aside to organize and keep the wheels behind the scenes moving.

So on that note, I am initiating a small Summer Break in the racing action to get my interest and head back into the racing, and to hopefully allow PD some time to get these lobbies better suited for our needs. Scoring for our most recent events will be out in the next week or so along with post race reports. From there, we will resume racing on July 8th for Event #10 of the Porsche series at Monza, and then July 22nd for Event #3 of the Michelin Pilot series at Trial Mountain.

For a change of scenery, I will probably run a few "for fun" track day events on the original Assetto Corsa on Friday nights that I have available during the break from official racing. For anyone interested, AC Ultimate Edition which includes all downloadable content is available for around $7.99 (I think)[EDIT: At the moment it is priced at $39.99...still worth the price, but even better when they have it on sale again]. Catch some of you then, and the rest of you in July.

Last edited:
I want to thank the couple of you fellas who stuck around post race to chat and reinforce the overall commitment for these series. While they are challenging and gt7 has presented challenges, the commitment from everyone in these series shows how strong the interest is for this type of racing. I personally have seen my interest on a low the last few weeks with the state of lobbies and their on/off stability, and with family and work soaking up more time windows, it's been harder to "force" myself to practice and be more prepared for these series. And, what bits if time I do have, I have been setting it aside to organize and keep the wheels behind the scenes moving.

So on that note, I am initiating a small Summer Break in the racing action to get my interest and head back into the racing, and to hopefully allow PD some time to get these lobbies better suited for our needs. Scoring for our most recent events will be out in the next week or so along with post race reports. From there, we will resume racing on July 8th for Event #10 of the Porsche series at Monza, and then July 22nd for Event #3 of the Michelin Pilot series at Trial Mountain.

For a change of scenery, I will probably run a few "for fun" track day events on the original Assetto Corsa on Friday nights that I have available during the break from official racing. For anyone interested, AC Ultimate Edition which includes all downloadable content is available for around $7.99 (I think). Catch some of you then, and the rest of you in July.
Guess I have a new purchase to make?! Woop woop….

Update... @Noob01_lmdead is the one... 1:45.995 🔥🔥🔥
I'm still scratching my head as to how these times are so variable. Guessing the chicanes are the make or breaks. I can't navigate any chicane or tight corners in this car anymore without spinning out or unsettling the car. Anyone willing to share the magic tune???....I'm open to anything at this point. Sat down to GT7 for the first time since last Friday, and ran some laps online and long enough to decide on conditions. Frustration level went right back up after trying unsuccessfully to navigate the chicanes without fuss or incident, and the desire to play just hasn't been there for me. Really hoping a significant update improvement comes soon...especially for the lobbies and a bit more tweeking to the physics. Ive been bouncing between AC and ACC the last few days just messing around, and the feel factor has me on the hook. GT7 is so close...maybe not as much detail, but still well enough to know what the car is doing. For me, the low speed corner/chicane physics are still way off. Wish PD could emulate the feel of a car rotating the corner while giving the sensation of the rear tire scrub and edging up to the limit of rear tire grip without it causing a ton of understeer. If they find that, they will have nailed it imo.

Anyway, the formal Event Details Post will be out sometime next week for our Event #10 at Monza on July 8th, but here are the conditions we'll be running for those wanting to turn some laps:
Monza (with chicane)
preset, late morning, S11

See you fellas around.

I'm still scratching my head as to how these times are so variable. Guessing the chicanes are the make or breaks. I can't navigate any chicane or tight corners in this car anymore without spinning out or unsettling the car. Anyone willing to share the magic tune???....I'm open to anything at this point. Sat down to GT7 for the first time since last Friday, and ran some laps online and long enough to decide on conditions. Frustration level went right back up after trying unsuccessfully to navigate the chicanes without fuss or incident, and the desire to play just hasn't been there for me. Really hoping a significant update improvement comes soon...especially for the lobbies and a bit more tweeking to the physics. Ive been bouncing between AC and ACC the last few days just messing around, and the feel factor has me on the hook. GT7 is so close...maybe not as much detail, but still well enough to know what the car is doing. For me, the low speed corner/chicane physics are still way off. Wish PD could emulate the feel of a car rotating the corner while giving the sensation of the rear tire scrub and edging up to the limit of rear tire grip without it causing a ton of understeer. If they find that, they will have nailed it imo.

Anyway, the formal Event Details Post will be out sometime next week for our Event #10 at Monza on July 8th, but here are the conditions we'll be running for those wanting to turn some laps:
Monza (with chicane)
preset, late morning, S11

See you fellas around.
July 8th not June 24th?

First chicane, entry and exit of speed 43 MPH or less or you lose the rear end.

Second chicane, 65 MPH, try not to clip the curbs, I try to straddle them.

Final chicane, 85 MPH entry speed do not clip the curb, it unsettles the car, same with the exit.

I can send you mine on PSN later today.

I have ballast at -5.

Back