*COMPLETED* SNAIL-Porsche GT3 SuperCup Challenge: Congrats to our Season 3 Champ, fruitloop31!!Finished 

• Thread starter llNovall
  • 1,140 comments

Who's open to moving this Series to ACC after this season in Sept. '22?

• I have a PS5 and a copy of ACC and am ready to race for next season.

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I have a PS5, and would purchase ACC to continue racing the Porsche Cup

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • I am getting PS5 soon and would purchase ACC to be ready to race in Sept. '22

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I plan to get the PS5, but won't have it by September.

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • I have no plans to get the PS5 in the short term.

Votes: 5 26.3%

• Total voters
I'll confirm as a reserve.
@ruggermole
You will be teamed up with me as our 1st Reserve covering MrDonovan. Below is the livery link.
Be sure to change the mirror bezels, Spoiler winglets, and winshield banner yellow, and change the number in the window banner to black. Lastly, change the "GT3" class Emblem on the rear to Yellow Box with black lettering.

@Phlano099 , next Reserve covers your absence.

@ruggermole
You will be teamed up with me as our 1st Reserve covering MrDonovan. Below is the livery link.
Be sure to change the mirror bezels, Spoiler winglets, and winshield banner yellow, and change the number in the window banner to black. Lastly, change the "GT3" class Emblem on the rear to Yellow Box with black lettering.

@Phlano099 , next Reserve covers your absence.
I sure do miss that Aussie that's always full of chocolate @MrDonovan 😢

Ran across quote below in a review of Halo series. Appears that PD is not alone in developers ignoring on line server based game glitches. Look forward to the race on Friday with zero confidence of a stable lobby without bouncing cars.

“Today's quote about resource allocation brings to mind at least one outstanding issue with Halo Infinite's free-to-play online versus modes: "melee desync," which causes players to see and experience different collisions and impacts than what registers on a live game's servers. After players clearly documented the issue, a 343 Industries staffer responded to a Reddit thread in June to say the issue would persist because "devs that would work on these fixes have been allocated to other Infinite work."”

so uh.............how much do we actually have for tomorrow night? My rough count has 11, 12 if Kermit decides to join us.
11 without Kermit, and @Harry Rowley and @JDMKING13 have yet to reply. The sad part is, I never thought I'd say I'm looking forward to getting this over with, but with how bad the lobby stability is, I truly am looking forward to getting this over with on GT7. The jittery lag is awful, and so inconsistent on the who and how much. Once Friday's Finale is done, GT7 is getting shelved until I see a formal announcement of lobbybstability improvements, or proven community reports that its performance is acceptable. So frustrating...especially after try the new physics update...cars do genuinely feel better. Done my Gt7 rant for the day. See ya Friday.

For those interested, I will have a ACC lobby opened post race at Silverstone.

Last edited:
11 without Kermit, and @Harry Rowley and @JDMKING13 have yet to reply. The sad part is, I never thought I'd say I'm looking forward to getting this over with, but with how bad the lobby stability is, I truly am looking forward to getting this over with on GT7. The jittery lag is awful, and so inconsistent on the who and how much. Once Friday's Finale is done, GT7 is getting shelved until I see a formal announcement of lobbybstability improvements, or proven community reports that its performance is acceptable. So frustrating...especially after try the new physics update...cars do genuinely feel better. Done my Gt7 rant for the day. See ya Friday.

Downer Man, Downer! Just don't bring that with you Friday, Please?

Late notice for me too, sorry. Wife reminded me of our plans Friday evening. All 2 hours practice tonight is down the drain.
Good riddens Gran Turismo. Reap what you’ve sown Kazunori. Expletive.

Sorry for the late notice, but I’m not going to make it tomorrow night.

Good luck.
Late notice for me too, sorry. Wife reminded me of our plans Friday evening. All 2 hours practice tonight is down the drain.
Good riddens Gran Turismo. Reap what you’ve sown Kazunori. Expletive.
Make that 9 drivers tonight for the Finale.
Oh No Racing GIF by Prema Team

Make that 9 drivers tonight for the Finale.
Oh No Racing GIF by Prema Team
I will try and make it. I’ve had a busier week than I had planned but I will try and nap on the sofa and set an alarm for a short practice before the first race.

The Friday night races with the TPC guys seem to have had good and bad weeks so far, but the regs are from all over the world so some lag is expected. Last week for them was more an issue with lobby bugs but the stability was improved. Their consensus is that racing without party chat or joining the party using your phone reduces lag quite a bit for those worse affected.

Room open

Gents,
I’m in the Netherlands right now, and not far from Zandvoort! If everything goes to plan, I hope to be back in time to join our last event with you lovely gentlemen. That will be of course with no practice….. The Monza lapped feeling will be with me again. If not, have a fantastic event boys…. 🇳🇱

@llNovall no rush on this, but have you got a spare style/livery I could borrow please as I won’t have time to make one for tonight.
Hey Kermit_2142,
You will be with Flying Lizard Motorsports and covering for @Phlano099 , and will be teamed up with @Roman_GT23 for tonight. Feel free to change the flag on the B Pillar to your home country if you ha e the time. Otherwise, you're all set. See ya tonight.👍

Just spent 5 hours on the freeway for a 2 hour drive
Don’t have time for the race

Seems there’s little motivation for GT7 I don’t blame u all

Thanks for the races, that was a lot of fun.
I felt quite bad as I went past for the lead on the last lap after @Bologna_Duc had run a perfect race. Then all of a sudden my tank was empty and I was diving out of peoples way to save an accident…The lord works in mysterious ways :lol:.

Look forward to racing with you guys again in the future :cheers::gtplanet:

I felt quite bad as I went past for the lead on the last lap after @Bologna_Duc had run a perfect race. Then all of a sudden my tank was empty and I was diving out of peoples way to save an accident…The lord works in mysterious ways :lol:.

Hey Kermit, great having you on the grid last night...you always seem to pop up when the grid needed the drivers. And nice job at the end to duck to the side to avoid any incident. If/when PD get the lobbies in better form, I'll certainly tag you in hopes we get back on track down the road. Great racing.

You and @Xradkins were closing in the final laps. I put in a few max fuel laps to try and maintain the gap. You closed up anyway and caught me at Porsche curves on the last lap. I had 0.3 fuel left and worried I wouldn’t make it to the end. Turned down my fuel significantly hoping to save second as @llNovall closed rapidly.

Fun race. Thanks again for the good times all drivers. Appreciate the perseverance of our race organizer in spite of the developer abandoning us all in the wilderness.

Cheers.

Post Race and
End of Season Report

Well Gentlemen, Season 3 of the Porsche GT3 Cup Series is in the books. Overall, we had a competitive Season, despite the troubled transition to GT7. However, I do have to thank every single driver who stuck it thru to the end, as even I was struggling to keep motivation and focus on GT7. Attendance did trail off near the end of this season, but for those that did stick around, the points closed and shuffled to end up quite interesting.
Congratulations first to our overall Event #12 winner by tiebreaker: @Xradkins . Nice job on the strong end of season finish.:cheers:

Now for the final Championship Winner:
@fruitloop31 is our Season 3 Champion, again by tiebreaker over @Noob01_lmdead (Rauljimenez76). They tied in overall points for the season, however, fruitloop31 takes the top spot with 5 overall event wins on the season. Congratulations, and great racing, especially with the ever mounting challenges that were presented against you.:cheers: I know you are away and taking a break from sim racing for awhile, but I do hope we get you back on a grid with us again soon.

And lastly, Congratulations to @Roman_GT23 and @Phlano099 of the Flying Lizard Motorsports team for taking the team Championship. :cheers:

Final Event Scores, and End of Season Standings:
Screenshot_20220905_155827.jpg
Screenshot_20220905_155839.jpg

Screenshot_20220905_155853.jpg

With this, our Snail Friday Night Racing has come to a close on GT7 for the foreseeable future. I do have hope that PD will be able to find answers to the stability issues currently plaguing GT7 Lobbies.
As many of you know, I have moved our Friday Night Racing onto the Assetto Corsa Competizione platform for PS5 where we will run a bi weekly series from September to January over 10 events. At that time, we will assess where GT7 has evolved to, and decide if the time is right to move back to GT7, completely, or partially by splitting time as we did with the Porsche and Michelin series. But for now, it's the ACC/PS5 Pirelli Porsche GT3 SuperCup, starting on Friday, September 16th, 9pm est at Silverstone. Event details will be posted in that series thread early this week for those already signed up. If anyone else is interested in joining us, see the link in my signature for details and instructions to join. See manybof you over on ACC, and the rest later on down the road.

Last edited:
Post Race and
End of Season Report

Well Gentlemen, Season 3 of the Porsche GT3 Cup Series is in the books. Overall, we had a competitive Season, despite the troubled transition to GT7. However, I do have to thank every single driver who stuck it thru to the end, as even I was struggling to keep motivation and focus on GT7. Attendance did trail off near the end of this season, but for those that did stick around, the points closed and shuffled to end up quite interesting.
Congratulations first to our overall Event #12 winner by tiebreaker: @Xradkins . Nice job on the strong end of season finish.:cheers:

Now for the final Championship Winner:
@fruitloop31 is our Season 3 Champion, again by tiebreaker over @Noob01_lmdead (Rauljimenez76). They tied in overall points for the season, however, fruitloop31 takes the top spot with 5 overall event wins on the season. Congratulations, and great racing, especially with the ever mounting challenges that were presented against you.:cheers: I know you are away and taking a break from sim racing for awhile, but I do hope we get you back on a grid with us again soon.

And lastly, Congratulations to @Roman_GT23 and @Phlano099 of the Flying Lizard Motorsports team for taking the team Championship. :cheers:

Final Event Scores, and End of Season Standings:
View attachment 1190422View attachment 1190423
View attachment 1190424
With this, our Snail Friday Night Racing has come to a close on GT7 for the foreseeable future. I do have hope that PD will be able to find answers to the stability issues currently plaguing GT7 Lobbies.
As many of you know, I have moved our Friday Night Racing onto the Assetto Corsa Competizione platform for PS5 where we will run a bi weekly series from September to January over 10 events. At that time, we will assess where GT7 has evolved to, and decide if the time is right to move back to GT7, completely, or partially by splitting time as we did with the Porsche and Michelin series. But for now, it's the ACC/PS5 Pirelli Porsche GT3 SuperCup, starting on Friday, September 16th, 9pm est at Silverstone. Event details will be posted in that series thread early this week for those already signed up. If anyone else is interested in joining us, see the link in my signature for details and instructions to join. See manybof you over on ACC, and the rest later on down the road.
Bye!
1662479092334.png

Dam down to 7th, and @Harry Rowley sat in the pits for the 2nd race. I hope that fish was worth it @Phlano099 :sly:

But well done teammate on retaining the crown. They don't know about that Thug Lyfe! :cheers:

Lastly thanks @llNovall for holding the series and putting up with the shenanigans of GT7. I know it wasn't easy but I'm sure ACC will be sweeter.

But very lastly I wish I could have done your livery justice this season. I think if I didn't sandbag at Kyoto to drop the weight and self-destruct in Laguna Seca, I might have had a chance at @Noob01_lmdead, but @fruitloop31 (assuming of course he was partaking in the last race) was in a league of his own and took my consistency and pace trait to a higher level. He fully deserves to be the champ.

Last edited:
Dam down to 7th, and @Harry Rowley sat in the pits for the 2nd race. I hope that fish was worth it @Phlano099 :sly:

But well done teammate on retaining the crown. They don't know about that Thug Lyfe! :cheers:

Lastly thanks @llNovall for holding the series and putting up with the shenanigans of GT7. I know it wasn't easy but I'm sure ACC will be sweeter.

But very lastly I wish I could have done your livery justice this season. I think if I didn't sandbag at Kyoto to drop the weight and self-destruct in Laguna Seca, I might have had a chance at @Noob01_lmdead, but

Six Bluefin to 60 lbs, one 45 lb Yellowfin and two Mahi Mahi was a very good trip
@fruitloop31 (assuming of course he was partaking in the last race) was in a league of his own and took my consistency and pace trait to a higher level. He fully deserves to be the champ.

Back