Completion percentage - how to get to 100%??

United Kingdom
Druids Bend
Z4E_Midnight85
Hi all, I'm wondering if I'm missing something with the completion status on GTS. I'm now level 50, career mode complete aside from some of the endurance races which I'm slowly ticking off, and I've done all the circuit experience, challenges, single races, and almost all rewards except for a couple of the more difficult Sport Mode related ones. And my completion is only 70%... How do you get to 100% completion in this game? There's definitely not 30% worth of the game left for me to do...

Are you talking about Trophies?

List of everything you need to achieve...

On the PlayStation home screen, when you scroll onto the Gran Turismo icon you get a summary of your game progress. Mine is at 70%. I found that finishing off the Single Races in Arcade mode helped, but I'm still miles off finishing.

I'm wondering if you need to actually buy all cars or if winning them counts towards completion. I've got the vast majority of the trophies now, I think. Any way to check??

On the PlayStation home screen, when you scroll onto the Gran Turismo icon you get a summary of your game progress. Mine is at 70%. I found that finishing off the Single Races in Arcade mode helped, but I'm still miles off finishing.

I'm wondering if you need to actually buy all cars or if winning them counts towards completion. I've got the vast majority of the trophies now, I think. Any way to check??
That's trophies. If you go down and click on it you'll see the game's trophy list and what you're missing. The three Sport Mode related trophies are for finishing 322 races, winning 91 races and getting 65 pole positions.

The link I posted is what the trophies are, you can see what you've got by clicking that menu on the playstation home screen.

1640186645703.png

These are the sport mode ones... and according to Kudos Prime you're at; 18 victories, 199 races complete and 7 pole positions...

So yeah, you have a lot of work to do!

edit: Check out the list because there's some specific scapes photos you have to take to get the trophies.

Last edited:
That's trophies. If you go down and click on it you'll see the game's trophy list and what you're missing. The three Sport Mode related trophies are for finishing 322 races, winning 91 races and getting 65 pole positions.

The link I posted is what the trophies are, you can see what you've got by clicking that menu on the playstation home screen.

View attachment 1101076

These are the sport mode ones... and according to Kudos Prime you're at; 18 victories, 199 races complete and 7 pole positions...

So yeah, you have a lot of work to do!

edit: Check out the list because there's some specific scapes photos you have to take to get the trophies.
Thanks guys, I'll have a look at these tonight.

Interestingly, the percentage was definitely increasing when I finished off the single player races and by completing more of the Campaign races.

EDIT: looking through that list I'm pretty sure the only ones I haven't got yet are the top four on the list.

Last edited:
Is there a glitch with the King Of The Ovals trophy? I've done the BMB race in Professional league over 70 times. I've definitely hit the distance required.... ???

I'd thought I'd seen a thread on this recently, https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/bug-king-of-the-ovals-trophy.375165/

Quick glance at the most recent posts suggests there's a fix in there but you'll have to have a read mate.
Ahh brilliant, looks like this is the solution here:

I found what I hope would be a sure solution for anyone. It didn't disrupt my game progress at all.

Pretty much I copied my game save on an external hard drive and then shut off the system. I disconnected the ethernet cable and started the console again, this time deleting the game save and starting the game offline. I jumped into time trial at Northern Isle Speedway with the GT3 AMG and started hacking away at this task.
I eventually got sleepy and busted out the rubber bands. Left it running in 3rd gear while I went out on errands. Came back and the trophy popped when I quit out.
I closed the game and deleted the new save to reload the save from my hard drive. Connected the ethernet cable and my trophies synced. I got the trophy and the system and GT servers are none the wiser. Worked flawlessly and I'm so happy!

tl;dr - New save offline will get the trophy, then sync online with original save.

Update: I decided to try working towards the King Of The Ovals achievement by testing the distance on a brand new car and hitting Northern Isle. I did 50 laps (approx. 48km) in a Taycan, planning on doing at least 50 laps a night for a couple of weeks. Upon exiting the event I was awarded the King of the Ovals trophy! So maybe the solution is just to jump into a time trial on any of the oval circuits if you've done loads of distance in campaign mode!

That said, I'm still at 70% completion. So that figure being related solely to trophy collection can't be correct. I've only got 4 left to go and that's much less than 30% of the completion...

Update: I decided to try working towards the King Of The Ovals achievement by testing the distance on a brand new car and hitting Northern Isle. I did 50 laps (approx. 48km) in a Taycan, planning on doing at least 50 laps a night for a couple of weeks. Upon exiting the event I was awarded the King of the Ovals trophy! So maybe the solution is just to jump into a time trial on any of the oval circuits if you've done loads of distance in campaign mode!

That said, I'm still at 70% completion. So that figure being related solely to trophy collection can't be correct. I've only got 4 left to go and that's much less than 30% of the completion...
Have you completed all of the achievements? I think you have to complete those as well.

No, I've got the four at the top of the list yet. But how do they count for 30% of the game? 🤷
Ha ha, I don't really know. I've got 100%, but I did it ages ago and I can't remember specifically what triggered it. I've got 100% in driving school, mission challenge and circuit experience. I'm pretty sure you don't need to win every race in campaign mode, I think I did that after I got to 100%. I'm sure you need level 50. I'm not sure about the trophies. I do have them, but I can't remember if they were necessary.

The achevements are different to the trophies. You can view your achevements progress by selecting achievements in the bottom right of the initial screen when you launch GT Sport

Last edited by a moderator:
It's definitely trophies.

GT Sport has 40(+1) trophies, with 32 bronze, 4 silver, and 4 gold.

They are worth a total of 960 points; bronze is 15, silver is 30, gold is 90.

If you are missing the "top four", that's the three gold Sport Mode trophies and the Platinum - which is worth 300pt but not included in the percentage calculation because it is awarded for 100% completion.

That means you have 690 points: 32x15 + 4x40 + 3x90.

And 690/960 is... 72%

Also the tile you describe is the trophy completion tile:

On the PlayStation home screen, when you scroll onto the Gran Turismo icon you get a summary of your game progress. Mine is at 70%
... and GT Sport has no other metric for game completion because it launched without any game to complete.

There was Sport Mode, licences, circuit experience, and mission challenges. That was it.

Back