[BUG] King of the Ovals trophy

• Thread starter Firehuntah
  • 130 comments

Did you get the King of the Ovals trophy after driving 500 miles / 806 kilometer on ovals?

• Total voters

Firehuntah

Premium
Netherlands
Netherlands
Firehuntah
Making a new thread for this to hopefully PD will notice, assuming they're reading these forums. No idea how else I can get them to see it, it was so much easier back in the beta. Anyway..

There's a bug with the King of the Ovals trophy where it just isn't unlocking while having more than enough miles/kilometers than needed for it. Just take a look at this picture I put together.

Z6NyoDs.jpg

Top left is the first attempt to try and get it. Or well, I'm sure I already had enough miles/km on ovals before that with campaign and online races but I wanted to try anyway. I switched between Northern Isle and Blue Moon Bay a few times and rubberbanded the Tomahawk X against the walls in time trial for a few hours which got me to around 4100 km I believe but trophy didn't unlock.

Then for my second attempt (top right) I only wanted to do sport races since I thought it might only unlock for online races. Used the Jaguar Gr3 and did 1071 km on Blue Moon Bay all in one day. You can see below the daily mileage for that day (1084 km). Guess what, trophy still didn't unlock.

Third and final attempt was again with the Tomahawk X rubberbanding on Northern Isle only for another ~1000 km. But this time I switched to miles in game just to be sure it wasn't only counting miles and not kilometers. But no luck, still no trophy.

So as you can see I tried pretty much everything to get this trophy but it just won't unlock! It's really annoying as I'm going for the platinum trophy. But without getting this King of the Ovals trophy it's impossible to get the platinum. I guess there is a way to get it by deleting your save file and starting over but that seems risky since I have no clue what is actually saved offline and online and if a backup of only the offline part works. I really don't want to lose any progress.

I've also added a poll to see how many people are actually having this problem, please only vote if you've done more than 500 miles / 806 kilometers on ovals. I know there's a lot more people than just me who can't get it but not enough people are talking about it so PD will never notice it. Hope we can change that with this thread so that they can fix this issue.

Not sure what the exact mileage value would have been, but mine dropped in while driving the oval in GT League. It wasn't all in one session and I've never rubber banded anything.

Can’t say what mileage exactly I got the trophy but it was recently whilst doing a daily on BB Raceway

I somehow got the trophy after taking the LM55 for a 15 lap TT around Blue Moon Bay at 19/01/2018 (at that point, i already completed the campaign, which i done it before the 1.10 maintenance)

I earned the trophy quite early.

According to my trophy list it popped on the 25th Oct.
Looking at my Life Log, that is also the date I completed Level 8 of Mission Challenges.
(Also the date I got 100% for Campaign)

But knowing that I didn't race any Arcade nor Sport Mode events until completing the Campaign, it suggests to me that I earned the trophy primarily through Stage 8 Event 6 in the Mission Challenges, which I had to repeat several times before getting the win.

So, early results suggest this isn't a widespread bug!

Yep, it seems like it. I remember in an older thread about this trophy more people were having issues with it and also while playing online I've seen people mention it. So the results are a bit of a surprise to me so far. Especially since it's a relatively easy trophy to get and it shows that only 4.2% got it (ultra rare). I guess it just shows that a lot of people are avoiding ovals, otherwise that percentage would surely be higher?

I really wonder what else I can do to try and get it, other than starting a new game save. Guess I could try the stage 8 event 6 mission challenge a few more times like @Tassie_tiger mentioned, but I remember doing that race a few times to get 1st place as well. So I'm not sure how much mileage I got in there. I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with the betas. Maybe if you've done over 500 miles on ovals already in the betas it wont count anymore in the actual game? Or well.. mainly the open beta then since part of the save file of that was actually used for the full game as well I believe.

Yep, it seems like it. I remember in an older thread about this trophy more people were having issues with it and also while playing online I've seen people mention it. So the results are a bit of a surprise to me so far. Especially since it's a relatively easy trophy to get and it shows that only 4.2% got it (ultra rare). I guess it just shows that a lot of people are avoiding ovals, otherwise that percentage would surely be higher?

I really wonder what else I can do to try and get it, other than starting a new game save. Guess I could try the stage 8 event 6 mission challenge a few more times like @Tassie_tiger mentioned, but I remember doing that race a few times to get 1st place as well. So I'm not sure how much mileage I got in there. I'm starting to wonder if it has something to do with the betas. Maybe if you've done over 500 miles on ovals already in the betas it wont count anymore in the actual game? Or well.. mainly the open beta then since part of the save file of that was actually used for the full game as well I believe.
For the purpose of extra info. I could add that I didn't participate in either the closed or open Beta.
Although I'm fairly certain, even though some goodies were carried over from the open Beta, that everyone started the full game with a mileage count of "0".

Mine only popped recently when farming the premium lounge race in GT League.

Pretty sure I've driven more than the amount required on ovals as I've had the game since release and do drive northern isle and blue moon quite regularly...

Pretty sure I've driven more than the amount required on ovals as I've had the game since release and do drive northern isle and blue moon quite regularly...

Ok, that's good to know it can pop on that race too. I actually started doing that race since yesterday for credits and exp so who knows, it might just unlock after a few races. I think the worst with this trophy is that you can't see progress anywhere.

I did managed to get the trophy by doing daily Sport events on Ovals (which i was doing for the 3 Sport mode trophies) and through the GT mode.

It took me a while tho.

So finally some more people that can't get the trophy. :P Not that we should be happy about that though. But it does seem that many people who did get the trophy had to do a lot more miles/kilometers than needed which is interesting. I really wonder how the game counts oval miles/kilometers since it isn't shown anywhere. I'd really like to know what mileage it's currently at for me since it has to be far above the required 500 miles / 806 km already. Think I'm going to try rubberband on my other PSN account and see if I get it there after the 500 miles.

I got mine in Sport mode back when daily races were the same for a week, doing Blue Moon Bay reverse in an Atenza. So that was way back at launch.

I have the same problem with this trophy. From what I have read its totally random when and where it will pop so I will keep farming xp in premium sports lounge race 1 and if I don't get it I will start a new game when I hit level 50.

Last edited:
So I tried on my other PSN account today, guess what. It pops right away after I had done 661 miles on Blue Moon Bay rubberbanding in time trial. Wasn't there when it hit 500 exactly but I'm sure it would've popped at 500 or 501 already.

Pe1JHr0.jpg

I also tested starting a new game with that account and placing a backup of my old offline save file on USB stick. After getting the trophy in the new game you can just place the backup back again and keep your progress of the old save. It does take a few minutes for your online profile to update again though but it's all still there. You only lose everything that you didn't share online (scapes/replays etc.). Liveries still seem to be available though and you can still edit them, at least with the one livery that I tried. So yeah.. at least there's a workaround to getting the trophy but it shouldn't be necessary. Still no idea why the trophy isn't popping for my main account right now but I guess I'll just do the backup and new game after I get to lvl 50 to be safe.

I got it on my main account when doing an Arcade Mode/Time Trial at Northern Isle.

I've just gone to check on my backup account. I didn't have the trophy, but achieved it literally just this minute after running a 500-mile run in Arcade Mode/Time Trial at Blue Moon Bay.

Thanks for all the votes and comments in this thread so far. :) I've sent the link of this thread to Kaz and the official GT twitter accounts, maybe they'll read it. :P Looks like about 10% are not able to get the trophy with the result we have so far. That isn't really a big number but obviously still is very annoying for that 10% who can't get the platinum trophy because of it. Unless ofcourse you start a new game to get that trophy but that shouldn't be necessary..

Added my vote. Its been frustrating me too. I've done loads of gt league and arcade races on ovals in addition to campaign and online races but no trophy. I must have done somewhere between 2500-5000 on ovals!

Probably lots of other lurkers too and others not interested in trophy. Only 4% attainment for trophy seems way too low.

Been driving the Corvette on Blue Moon Bay on GT League to grind some credits, and I'm pretty sure I've been driving this car exclusively on this event - my odometer is at 850 KM and haven't got the trophy yet...

Good to see some more people having issues with it, or well not good at all really. :lol: But for the results of the poll it at least shows we're a bigger number now. Hope PD will take this seriously and try to implement a fix for the people who are stuck on this trophy without us having to find a solution ourselves. Like backing up our saves and having to start a new game which I still think is a bit risky with the online saves and all, even though I already tested that it could work.. It would just suck if it didn't work as well for some people and you end up losing some or even all progress just to get a bugged trophy.

Ive won that race 30+ times and still no trophy. That doesnt even count all the times I ran 13 laps around it in the Tomohawk just to get my daily mileage in 6 mins haha

I've just checked my trophies and it says I don't have this one! I'm sure I saw a pop up for it! Is there a way to check your oval mileage?

Haven't read the thread... I just looked at the pictures, BLUE MOON BAY IS NOT AN OVAL

You need to do 500 miles on that OVAL track. Blue Moon is a triangle.

Edit - ah, I should have read before posting.

I've noticed when I do my daily mileage in PSVR it doesn't trigger the workout prize screen, I have to go into a lobby or sport race menu and backout for the workout prize screen to appear. Maybe this is a similar thing.

If you really want the trophy just create a online lobby and leave your car on auto drive?

Back