connection issue

South Africa
South Africa
hi everyone

I've got a problem. when I do a daily race or races. the connection bars (greens,red,yellow bars) is just missing from everyone. At this point the timer is running out for the race to begin. I start the race but the other cars don't drive they just stand still. I complete the race and my total time will decide where I end up on the grid after the race. I don't like it as its not fun. I also have a issue when I do the connection test on the game. parameter 1 is a issue. I have LTE wifi on 10mbps. I also tried a Lan cable. same story.
And when I do race with other players( when it decides to work) I have 3 yellow bars.
Please help.

Try logging completely out of the game. Then try again. It's what I do when my connection gets a little wonky. Hope this helps.

Also, you may have to do this every few races.

Qyn
Try logging completely out of the game. Then try again. It's what I do when my connection gets a little wonky. Hope this helps.

Also, you may have to do this every few races.
Can you give me some guidence. Some steps to follow as I'm new to gt sport

Sure, 1st things 1st, Welcome to GTSport :cheers:. Now back to business. Basically you're just quitting the game all together. Go back to the Playstation home screen, and restart the game. This way you've disconnected completely from the PD servers. When you start the game again you reconnect to the servers with a stronger signal.

Every now and then at race start, my signal will go from 4 green bars, to yellow, to red within the 1st few laps of Sport Mode play. When this starts to happen, I know it's just a matter of time before I get disconnected .

so guys I did some research and I found out about Upnp. (universal plug and play) which is in the router settings. I just enabled it. im getting a more stable connection. but It still kicks me out before the race like 2 out of 5 attempts. even with fibre I still get one parameter that is a issue but the Download speed is more and upload and the game works fine. because im using LTE with a slower speed 10mbps and 2mbps upload.
Im also going to try a static connection. Can any help me with that??

can you help me with a static connection

Qyn
Sure, 1st things 1st, Welcome to GTSport :cheers:. Now back to business. Basically you're just quitting the game all together. Go back to the Playstation home screen, and restart the game. This way you've disconnected completely from the PD servers. When you start the game again you reconnect to the servers with a stronger signal.

Every now and then at race start, my signal will go from 4 green bars, to yellow, to red within the 1st few laps of Sport Mode play. When this starts to happen, I know it's just a matter of time before I get disconnected .
can you help me with a static connection?? I don't know much about routers submask ,ip, and all that

so guys I did some research and I found out about Upnp. (universal plug and play) which is in the router settings. I just enabled it. im getting a more stable connection. but It still kicks me out before the race like 2 out of 5 attempts. even with fibre I still get one parameter that is a issue but the Download speed is more and upload and the game works fine. because im using LTE with a slower speed 10mbps and 2mbps upload.
Im also going to try a static connection. Can any help me with that??
also, a lan cable is recommened

Last edited by a moderator:
A wired connection may also help. I used to run race events in GT5, & wrote some tips that helped many people out (link). I guess some of it will still apply to GT Sport.

Any solution to this one? I have been having this problem also since 3-4 months ago. :/
so ive managed to fix mine and honestly its nothing to do with the server or PD. I contacted my ISP and Explained my problem. I needed to set my APN to "unrestricted". I was allowed to view everything on the internet and send data to the server but when it came to sending data back from the server to my router my ISP would not allow that as I was on a restricted APN. that let to me racing alone everytime.

so ive managed to fix mine and honestly its nothing to do with the server or PD. I contacted my ISP and Explained my problem. I needed to set my APN to "unrestricted". I was allowed to view everything on the internet and send data to the server but when it came to sending data back from the server to my router my ISP would not allow that as I was on a restricted APN. that let to me racing alone everytime.
Since I am not using LTE WiFi connection (currently using FTTH connection), I won't be able to change the APN setting as suggested (because the setting/feature is missing) sadly :(. It's good that you got it fixed already as I have yet to find a solution for the same issue. FYI, already tried everything from port forwarding, DMZ, UPNP, using directly ethernet cable, etc. Thanks for all the suggestions though.

i have a good internet connection(fiber 1 gb),why on lobby race ii see cars lagging and stuttering? I have nat 1, ps5 with cable connected,all ports correctly open.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back