Connection problems...

  • Thread starter Thread starter keysershades
  • 11 comments
  • 1,745 views
Messages
10
Messages
konstantrock
When trying to join a certain PSN friend it says connection failed, problem with server host.. And my friends game is making the same error. But i can join all my other friends .. Any experience on this ?

Simon
 
Well, these are my tip:

1. Run wire, not wireless.
2. Clean system cache in gt5
3. Open ports on router and give ps3 static ip, http://portforward.com/
4. Make sure no other people abusing your network, like downloading "stuff".
5. Give this tip to your allies as well.

It also depends on your router, some brands works better than others. I have a 130 dollar router (provided by my network provider), but it performs worse than my 40 dollar one.....
 
Chance are one or both of you are NAT 3. I had the same problem with one of my friends back when we first got GT5. I went through all the suggestions of port forwarding, setting up DMZ, running wired instead of wireless, etc., etc.. Now I have no connection or lag problems unless my internet is completely down. I run 7 online races a week in 5 different series, two of wich are in Europe (I'm in USA). If you can get at least NAT2, on one of your system, prefferably both, it should solve your problem.

1. You need a good connection. Wired is ok, but no better than a PROPERLY SETUP wireless connection. All the people saying you need wired just don't know how to setup a decent wirless connection.

2. Get UPnP working. This eliminates the need for useless port fowarding or DMZ zones.

3. Clearing the cache before an online session may be a good idea. I do it, even though there is no proof it actually helps. (it doesn't hurt anything, so there is no sense not doing it; this will do nothing for the problem you are complaining about though)

4. Go to a networking forum for advice. (dslreports is great). This is a game forum and you have to sift through a lot of BS from the "experts".
 
Chance are one or both of you are NAT 3. I had the same problem with one of my friends back when we first got GT5. I went through all the suggestions of port forwarding, setting up DMZ, running wired instead of wireless, etc., etc.. Now I have no connection or lag problems unless my internet is completely down. I run 7 online races a week in 5 different series, two of wich are in Europe (I'm in USA). If you can get at least NAT2, on one of your system, prefferably both, it should solve your problem.

1. You need a good connection. Wired is ok, but no better than a PROPERLY SETUP wireless connection. All the people saying you need wired just don't know how to setup a decent wirless connection.

2. Get UPnP working. This eliminates the need for useless port fowarding or DMZ zones.

3. Clearing the cache before an online session may be a good idea. I do it, even though there is no proof it actually helps. (it doesn't hurt anything, so there is no sense not doing it; this will do nothing for the problem you are complaining about though)

4. Go to a networking forum for advice. (dslreports is great). This is a game forum and you have to sift through a lot of BS from the "experts".

Well...

1. Yes you need a good connection, but the wireless card in ps3 isnt that good. You get best performance thru wire, period.

2. On some routers you need to port forward manually, UPnP doesnt always solve the problems. I had to open ports manually to get NAT 2 even though UPnP was activated. Every router needs to be tweaked, there isnt a universal setting that suits all routers......

3. Clearing cache helps, i have done multiple tests trying to join lobbys, and then get wierd messages etc. I then clear the cache and i could join...

4. This is a game forum yes, and there are people knowing what they talking about. As said before it depends on your router. DMZ and port forwarding isnt useless, everyone should open ports and optimize their network settings.
 
See what I mean about going somewhere else for help. :rolleyes:
 
Mine is wired, 20mb Virgin cable, never had any issues till update 3.65 and 1.10, now every day I get "Disconnected from server" message then "You have been signed out of PSN" !?
 
See what I mean about going somewhere else for help. :rolleyes:

In case you were talking about me, I said that just because with a hardwired connection you don't have to worry about any of the mess! :)
 
Mine is wired, 20mb Virgin cable, never had any issues till update 3.65 and 1.10, now every day I get "Disconnected from server" message then "You have been signed out of PSN" !?
Yes, many people seem to have these problems after the updates, and its geting worse. 20bm, i think you mean 20mbit, thats a big differance :).

Second, have you given your ps3 a static ip, and open ports manually?

I also have these wierd problems some times, that i get disconnected 30 seconds after i enter the lobby, but just on some servers.
 
But i got the "NAT 2" and it says my bandwith is high. I get disconnected from my own servers and i can't join my own lounge! This is getting on my nerves! I hostet a race yesterday, we were 12 people about to race and then i get disconnected! The online experience was so smooth before (compared to Test Drive Unlimited 2 at least).. By the way, it's only GT5 thats giving me trouble online, GTA IV, Burnout, Skate and Red Dead Redemtion is working fine online. It must be the newest update.
 
But i got the "NAT 2" and it says my bandwith is high. I get disconnected from my own servers and i can't join my own lounge! This is getting on my nerves! I hostet a race yesterday, we were 12 people about to race and then i get disconnected! The online experience was so smooth before (compared to Test Drive Unlimited 2 at least).. By the way, it's only GT5 thats giving me trouble online, GTA IV, Burnout, Skate and Red Dead Redemtion is working fine online. It must be the newest update.
Gt5 online mode is flawed, i also get disconnections now and then, maybe its the other players causing problems? As far as i know, other peoples connections etc can cause you to lagg out of the server. Or it can be your router that is just "bad", have you folowed all tips that i wrote above? I dont think its the update, i have always had some discnnections etc from the very beginning.
 
But it used to work without any problems before the update...? And it's only GT5 that's giving me trouble. I Found other posts in this forum with similar problems... Still think it's the game
 
Back