• Thread starter nasanu
  • 51 comments

nasanu

(Banned)
Japan
Australia
nasanu
nasanu
For many years now I have had the idea of creating a site for all console racers to gather and share their best setups. Last year I started creating it. But then I moved to a different country... Now a year down the track it is not finished and I have a do to list a mile long, but I am at a stage that I am willing to present my work:

ConsoleRacer.com

The site has many functions. Its first mission is to be a setups database where you can search for a tune to suit your needs. You can do a quick search from any page or use the search page for a more detailed setup search.

Once registered it gets more interesting. When you have searched and found a setup you you can rate it. And of course you can add your own setups for your own records or for others to discover. Your setups can be private if you wish. Very soon you will be able to add a setup created by another user to your favourites, which you can access via the mySetups page along with all of your own setups. No more searching through bookmarks or scribbled down bits of paper, all your setups and favourite setups in one place.

For the dedicated tuners that frequent these forums, there is the tuner page. This page displays all of your non private tunes and is customisable. At present you can rename the page and add some text about your tunes and tuning style. In future you will have much more control over your page to customise it to your wishes. I want it to be your tuning home on the web :)

For a quick example Paulie of The Lions Den has kindly allowed me to add his tuning shop. See the link below for The Lions Den on ConsoleRacer.com.
http://consoleracer.com/tuner.aspx?tunerID=5

Currently you can add setups for GT5P, and as soon as I finish adding 800 PSP cars you will be able to add setups for that too. The aim is to have all features complete by the launch of GT5, but I will support any game that warrants it.

Note to mods: I know this smells of an ad, but please be aware that I have been a part of the GT community since the beginning and I am doing this out of my own back pocket in the hope of creating something of use to us all.

Last edited:
The site is looking good nasanu, and I'm sure many will find it of great use. In fact, it could be so useful it may even warrant a sticky thread linking to this site when GT5 comes out.;) But seriously, great job.👍:)

(Don't take it too personally if this particular thread here doesn't get much traffic, not many come to these forums any more.)

Yeah I realise its a dead time for GT, prologue is old and GT5 is near. But its good in a way, gives me time to squash bugs and add features before the torrents of people come.

Nice resource nasnau, really good work 👍
I hope this will work for GT5 and you'll be able to get some of the tuners on board.

My tuning partner Dragonistic brought up the point to me that you may need to sub-divide the vehicle search by manufacturer, then cars. Otherwise you'd have to scroll through a list of 900-1,000 cars when searching.;)

My tuning partner Dragonistic brought up the point to me that you may need to sub-divide the vehicle search by manufacturer, then cars. Otherwise you'd have to scroll through a list of 900-1,000 cars when searching.;)

Good point. That will be easy to do, I'll get on it soon.

Gah... Got to reduce bandwidth. 10 views of a setup = 1MB in bandwidth. Once GT5 hits I'll smash through my quota at that rate. Fixes and tweaks ahoy.

I took some time off from this but now an update on this project:

I have been doing a few things to optimise the site, nothing you guys will be able to notice. Stuff you will be able to notice is that I finally have all the cars into the database so adding of PSP GT tunes is now possible. I will soon be making changes to the site to allow searches to be more specific, ie you will be able to search for a FF or FR tune, or cars from the 80's only. But first I have to tidy up the car data a little more. I have to go through manually and input the drivetrain data for 800 cars because I could not find a car list with this information in it.

The work continues...

Nice work nasanu, you should also post this in the GT PSP section too if you haven't already.:)

Nice work nasanu, you should also post this in the GT PSP section too if you haven't already.:)

Thanks just done that. Also I have split the cars up via make as requested. Now off to do more tinkering.

Updates:

The search page is now a little more powerful allowing for searching of setups of any car and track combination, also within that you can now search by drive train.

I have been in contact with a site called the Tuners Pit. In response to their needs and because it will make a cool feature I am adding the ability to create teams. Now for example the Lions Den has 'Lion's Den Performance Racing'. Using the Lions Den account paulie could create a team on ConsoleRacer.com which other members could apply to be a part of. The Lions Den could then create setups and mark them as team setups. These setups would then be accessible only to Lion's Den Performance Racing members, while still being fully searchable using ConsoleRacer.com's search engine.

Work will start on this feature soon.

That's different. Keep up the good work. By the time GT5 hits people should find this very handy.:cool:

Just found a bug that allows people to view private setups quite easily.. Good thing I have all this time to test :)

Interestingly though I have done zero search engine optimisation the site has good visibility in google (appearing before this site in setup searches :0 ). People are already hitting the tunes via google even though there are only a handful. Good signs.

Major update to the site coming soon.

I honestly think the GT by Citreon is the best car in the whole game by far, wut u guyz think?

Note from Moderator:

No slang words that promote laziness, ie; “r”, “u”, “plz”, etc. will be tolerated. Decent grammar is expected, including proper usage of capital letters.

https://www.gtplanet.net/aup/

Last edited by a moderator:
lol.

Anyway I have a major update coming to the site soon. Teams will be functioning and a little more customisation is now possible to the tuner page and new teams page. After that I will go for implementing the favourite system, then do all the hundreds of little tweaks I want to make.

Things like view count I will be adding in future (what will be cool is that you will be able to see how many people have favourited your tunes :) ), but for now I am working to get all the main features done. I have just updated and added the teams support and some other changes, I'll post back with an example of the teams system.

Big Update:

First thing to notice once logged in is that 'edit profile' button is now called 'race control'. Use this link to customise your own tuner page and create your own team.

The Lions Den's page has been customised with its own graphics appearing in place of the sites regular main graphic.
http://consoleracer.com/tuner.aspx?tunerID=5

To do the same for your own page you can go to the race control page and download the graphic template. Using that as a guide you can add your own logos or whatever you want, then return to the page and upload it.

Teams
http://consoleracer.com/team.aspx?teamID=1

Above is a link to a demo team I created using the race control page. Members can apply to join on the teams page and when they do I will be notified when I visit the myGarage page. I can accept or reject their membership and they will in turn be notified of the outcome on their myGarage page. Once they are a member they will have access to all the tunes available to the team. Tunes become team tunes when a member creates a tune and sets it as a team tune.

Also as a team owner I can update the teams news which will appear to all team members in the myGarage page under the myTeam section.

Teams as with all sections of the site is still in development and lacking some key features. Updates will be flowing over the next few weeks. As a side note it is now possible to delete a tune which was not possible before.

There are bound to be bugs, if you find any please let me know.

Last edited:
So say I want a general page both Dragonistic and I can post on, and others can only view, do I share my password with Dragonistic and just use the same account, or do we create a team then let members join and set something so only Dragonistic and I can post there?

LDP also has a new logo now.;)

So say I want a general page both Dragonistic and I can post on, and others can only view, do I share my password with Dragonistic and just use the same account, or do we create a team then let members join and set something so only Dragonistic and I can post there?

Hmm I dont know.. :P

I guess you'd have to use the same account and update the tuner text section with any new info you have. Or you could do the same with a team. I am thinking about some form of team chat but that is a long way down on my to do list atm.

UPDATES....

I took a little big break off to play GT and other things but I am back working on this now. Updates have been made just tonight to the teams and search pages allowing for searching through team tunes. If you are a member of consoleracer.com and a team member just login and search.

Some other small bugs fixes are coming then after that a major overhaul of the myGarage page is on the way.

Now if some people would post public tunes and not just private ones :P....

Very impressive dude, I love how simple it is, it reminds me of Gttimes.com..ahh memories :) Lookin' forward to getting some good tunes from there in the future.

Jerome

Just letting everyone know I am still working away at consoleracer.com. Been doing a lot of work on background things, like improving code, moving the site to new servers and some search engine optimisation. There are a few visible changes here and there though (added the top 5 rated tunes to the front page about 5 mins ago ), if you have not seen the site in a while I encourage you to take a look.

I am working on a quite large redesign of a few sections of the site, as it is the site offers more features than any other tunes database. After I complete this stage of work nothing will come close.

I'll keep you guys posted and I appreciate the support :)

Back