ConsoleRacer.com ::>> 1st Birthday :)

• Thread starter nasanu
  • 51 comments
I hope people are able to use this to its full potential in GT5.đź‘Ť

Problems...

Today I checked consoleracer.com and found the site down with some sort of error. I could not figure out what it was or affect it in any way. After a while it fixed itself. But then I noticed that the database was an older version. My hosting company has done *something* to my site, I've no idea what. The result is that unfortunately around 15 user accounts and some tunes have been lost (temporarily). Now I do have a recent backup of the database which I am trying to restore now. In the mean time I ask that no one register or upload a tune until I post here giving the all clear.

I really have to find a new host :(. Its really annoying because its hard work building a site so complex and in the early stages of community building I really don't need issues like this.

Arrh. Got to love tech support. I email them saying what happened and that my site is running on an old backup of the database and user accounts have been lost. They email me back saying that the site seems to be working fine and ask what the problem is...

Update:

I have fixed the problems that were caused by my web host. There are about 15 or so users who may find that they can not login. This is due to corrupt password data. I have added code that allows you to request a new password. Just attempt to login 3 times and you will be given the option of resetting your password. A new password will be generated and sent to the email account that you provided when you registered. You should be able to login fine with that new password.

Tonight I will be adding a section to the site in the race control page that will allow people to edit their profile details. This will allow uses who have had their passwords reset to change their password at will.

I've also taken direct control of backups to the site after I realised how disastrous my web hosts backup plan was. If anything happens to the site in future no more than 24hrs worth of data can be lost.

As always if you have any comments or suggestions about the site feel free to contact me either here or by email: kidshibuya@gmail.com.

Just popping in for an update.

I am working away on quite a large update to the site. Teams will soon be far better incorporated into the site. Finding and joining a team will be easier as will be managing your own team. I am also finally going to be adding view counts to everything so you will be able to see how many people are viewing your tunes on the site. However the counter will start at zero, I have not been tracking exact data (though I do know that the Lions Den Corvette zo6 tune is quite popular, current no1 tune).

The updates will roll-in in stages. First the setups (mostly unchanged) and teams sections will go online (in the next week sometime). After that favourites and the mail system will go live. Then I will get around to things like view counts and other touch ups.

Everything is looking good for the launch of GT5. By the time it comes around ConsoleRacer will be a very comprehensive setup site. :)

Another update in the bag. Major changes to the garage page. All teams are listed, team owners can invite and expel members. You can be a member of as many teams as you like.

Plus a few other things here and there. I am ware of a few bugs, havent had time to sort them out yet.

thanks for making the time to make this site nasanu, it's gonna be very useful to me and many many others when GT5 comes out:tup:

As many have noticed, this site has been down for a few days now. This is because my web host is incompetent. There is nothing I can do about it. However I have purchased new hosting and I am working on getting the site running on the new server tonight.

Hopefully the days of my site being down more and it is up are over for good.

Do people use this much for the other games out yet?

Well its got 200 members at the moment and.. cant remember how many tunes, something like 290. Most of the activity has been in private teams. I think it is doing quite well since the GTP servers are very quiet (plus the huge amount of server downtime really hurts a site). PSP usage is very low, but I expect that since searching for tunes is very dependant on a thriving online racing scene and GT PSP does not really have one.

I am quite pleased with the progress so far. Plus I am totally redoing the way tunes are added and displayed for GT5, it will be much slicker. All in all I am very optimistic :)

That's excellent, I'd have hated to hear you were paying money while nobody was using it before GT5.

edit: site all fixed

Site can be accessed via the above URL for now. Much faster :) Within 72hrs the usual consoleracer.com URL should be working again.

Last edited:
Hello nasanu everytime I click the view setup link I get a error and it never opens up the tune. Using internet explorer.

And it is fixed :)

That is the last time I let visual studio make code suggestions.

EDIT: AHH no its not, i just removed all security.. Gah. Ok working more.

EDIT2: Ok all should be working normally now. This is why I have to stop working on the site tired.

Last edited:
It has been a long time since I started this thread (wow it is exactly 1 year!). The site has come along way too.

I have just finished adding a mail system to the site allowing users to send PM's to each other. It is a little limited at this stage but like every feature it will be expanded.

Now I have the backbone of every major feature in I really want to get on top of any bugs (squashed sooo many so far, there are bound to be more). If you are on the site and a page crashes or something does not seem to work right let me know either on here or at kidshibuya@gmail.com

Now to get to the small task of fully supporting GT5... Two days to code it. This will be fun :P

edit: doh wrong thread!

Wow I haven't updated this in a while.

I just updated to add code supporting PP (PP search is go) and ballast (engine power option soon). Also there is some tightening of the input rules requiring more accurate setups to be entered.

One major addition is the ability to 'quick tune', selecting say 'fully modded /turbo' will select all engine and body mods with a stage 3 turbo. Saves clicking all those boxes.

There is a news page which is not really meant to be there yet, that will develop over time.

Oh and 1000+ members, woot!

Last edited:
Back