Content is not enough.

• Thread starter Bo larsson
  • 49 comments
Sweden
Sweden
SRT_Speedy
I had so much hope for GT7 but at this time it fails to deliver big time. Where are the diversity in the online races? There should be much more different kind off racing to offer online. Not just 3 variants, two race cars and one roadcar. Its not enough and it feels like just like GT sport and my asumtion was that they would deliver much more variation with GT7. Ive skipped out 70% off the weeks off daily races becouse off lack off intrest in the combos. And for those weeks I would liked the option to take challange off leaderboards challanges wich is shockingly none existence. Imagen to build and tune your preferred road car in different PP fixed classes an progress. I would have been fantastic. GT7 is almost shelved and my PS5 purchase feels like a vaste (luckily it holds the vallue when I sell it).
Will there be more variation? Will there be lederboards for tracks and classes ever?

Last edited:
I understand what you are saying as I find the Sport Mode bland, it is the same every week. The best thing to do is make your own series here or join one of the pre-existing Leagues. You will find most Sim Racing games can be bland online until you create events or join them.

I find most of the online lobbies in this game boring everything is 500pp and above or just silly things like "Drive left 60mph" or the endless "Nurburgring Trackdays" that have 15 people all just sat at the start revving their Hondas and Nissans.

I have a list of fun leagues I would like to make, it's just having the time to do so, one is enough for now.

1. Sambabys Nascar "Nasbus".
  2. Abarth 695 ’64 Championship.
  3. 750MC MX5 Cup by 5Club.
  4. Toyota MR2 Championship.

Is everybody forgetting we've only had one update so far, and that the game is barely two months old? If GT7's post-launch support ends up anything like GTS, we're gonna see tons of additional content.
No the things mentioned should be a core game design and is it not there now its most likely a deliberate choice
and will not be added later. I think GT5 lasted 3 years for me and it was so much fun online with loads off fun
lobbys. Now there are hardly any lobbys and you stuck with driving the atenza gr4 and a couple more racecars and
a Toyota Aygo 3 lap race at tsukuba.

Is everybody forgetting we've only had one update so far, and that the game is barely two months old? If GT7's post-launch support ends up anything like GTS, we're gonna see tons of additional content.
Are you forgetting that people paid $70 for this game and expected more of it to be available when they bought it, not maybe in the future? Sometime. NOTHING is guaranteed in updates. Nothing.

Stop making excuses for them. You wouldn't do it for other products, would you? Would you buy a car and be happy to find the air con isn't installed, nor the CD player, and the top speed is only 120, not the 150 you were promised? You'd be happy if when you complained they said it was coming at an undetermined time in the future, maybe?

Last edited:
Even though I play the game the way I want to play, it’s a big problem for many others.

I recall Kaz saying the way we played the past GT games, we could use a small amount of cars to complete/play the whole game. Now, he wants players to use the full breadth of the car list. Yet, we still didn’t get Gr.1 & Gr.2 racing at launch. Also, we still don’t need to use all the cars because of some glitches and bugs, that render it nearly useless to collect all cars.

Players/buyers shouldn’t have to wait two plus months to finally use all 427 cars in the game. Let alone, wait two months to acquire them all. Add the lack of Sport Mode events and you leave that Small community with nothing else to do or achieve.

Are you forgetting that people paid $70 for this game and expected more of it to be available when they bought it, not maybe in the future? Sometime. NOTHING is guaranteed in updates. Nothing.

Stop making excuses for them. You wouldn't do it for other products, would you? Would you buy a car and be happy to find the air con isn't installed, nor the CD player, and the top speed is only 120, not the 150 you were promised? You'd be happy if when you complained they said it was coming at an undetermined time in the future, maybe?
I’m not making excuses, as I think GT7 has a sizable amount of space for improvement. But I think that when you look back at GTS and how much it got in content updates, I feel like you and the OP are being premature.

You, on the other hand, are making assumptions.

I’m not making excuses, as I think GT7 has a sizable amount of space for improvement. But I think that when you look back at GTS and how much it got in content updates, I feel like you and the OP are being premature.
There’s nothing beneficial to doing things this way other than launching a half assed game. Most of the GTS updates were useless (Pickup Trucks for example).

They couldn’t even add a new track at launch, hard to be optimistic about that getting better.

You, on the other hand, are making assumptions.
You are making excuses though. You're excusing the lack of content at launch by believing they will add it later, despite not certainty of anything.

I had so much hope for GT7 but at this time it fails to deliver big time. Where are the diversity in the online races? There should be much more different kind off racing to offer online. Not just 3 variants, two race cars and one roadcar. Its not enough and it feels like just like GT sport and my asumtion was that they would deliver much more variation with GT7. Ive skipped out 70% off the weeks off daily races becouse off lack off intrest in the combos. And for those weeks I would liked the option to take challange off leaderboards challanges wich is shockingly none existence. Imagen to build and tune your preferred road car in different PP fixed classes an progress. I would have been fantastic. GT7 is almost shelved and my PS5 purchase feels like a vaste (luckily it holds the vallue when I sell it).
Will there be more variation? Will there be lederboards for tracks and classes ever?
It's a shame because I thought GT7 would have shown a lot of potential this time, but it has failed to deliver.
I have been saying for a while now that GT7 just feels like a continuous of GT Sport, and I call the game GT Sport 2.
It has unrealistic things in the game that should never be in, like the performance points that effects the Suspension, LSD, Transmission, Aero and the Tires.

People who like the idea of having performance points that effects the suspension side of things in this racing game, are people with nothing between the ears. Performance points should have never have step into the suspension side of things a racing game because it is impractical to have it there.

This is a defiantly a GT Sport 2 game because GT Sport was kind of a lame game, and this game we got now is even more of a lame game. This game is nowhere near a numbered one from the series, because it has got so much rubbish that should not have ever been in a game.

So people shouldn't have complaints about the state of the game right now because of what might happen in the future?

I don't think you quite get how time works. "Now" is not "then". If stuff gets added in the future then great, but it doesn't change that it's not here now. People understand how this works when ordering food - waiting long periods of time for the rest of your meal is not acceptable even if the food is great. The cadence of how content is presented matters.

The argument that it will be better in the future isn't one that should be given to people who have already bought the game, they paid full price and deserve value for their purchase now. And it only tells anyone who hasn't already bought the game that they would be better off buying it in a year or two when it's cheaper and more complete.

Right. This is when comparing games makes sense. Memebrs here have asked, begged for a road map. It really wouldn’t hurt if Kaz… when someone from PD… posted a page for what’s to come in the next six months. Whatever licences they have ready:

April Update - Three cars and a track update for a current available circuit, Five new events

May update - Three cars and one Original circuit, Five new events

June update - One car and one new to the franchise circuit, Five new events

July update - Five cars and Five new events

August update - Three cars and one circuit

Kaz can still keep his silhouettes and players would know there is content pretty much guaranteed for those months. Some people couldn’t give an ass rats what gets added and some people have been pressing refresh since the last update and will continue to do so, until the next update.

Last edited:

Totally agree with you.I watched an episode of DF retro showing Gran Turismo 2 and compared to what this game offers its miles ahead in content.Ok the graphics pale but it is a PS1 title,but it had special events,a proper career mode,the list goes on.
I paid full price for this game to play now not further on down the line when more content is added,i play daily but dont really play it,if that makes sense!Hot lapping,a bit of tuning,hot lapping,ive done the menu books and the races,working my way through CE but not the 1 hour endurance as im not interested in 1 hr races.Some more 30 min races would be good though.👍

Don't normalize releasing unfinished games with minimal content.

Trickle fed "live service content" as they like to call it is no substitute for a proper career mode with a variety of events.

We only have the linear, zero creativity, monotone, menu books as far as a career mode goes.
What you say but what about the missions? Those are meant to be a quaint distraction, nothing more, not the meat of the game. They always were.

Last edited:
completely in the same boat. have done absolutely everything in the game, all events, missions, licenses, competed with friends lists on their times (can only see friends' times.. another loss from gt sport), got experimental with scapes, made themed custom liveries and racing suit, got A+ dr. and this morning find that it's yet another stupid no-stopper in sport mode. the "offline" career mode at the moment is repeating the same 3 tracks, sardegna / spa / le mans, and glitching a tomohawk in tokyo. absolutely abysmal and pathetic for a game with such a monumental budget. but not to worry the stars in the sky which I definitely pay attention to are accurate to real life (which is apparently the reason not all tracks have day / night cycles). embarrassed that I even encouraged my friend to get this game to do the shocking multiplayers lobbies and have fun with

edit: time-wise forgot to mention that I'm a dad to an 8 month old that requires lots more attention than the average baby, in the process of renovating a house and lots of other stuff. only bought a wheel half a year ago. so should be distinctly average and scratching the surface of a game like gt4. not having to "make my own fun", which admitedly I don't seem to be very good at

Last edited:
So people shouldn't have complaints about the state of the game right now because of what might happen in the future?

I don't think you quite get how time works. "Now" is not "then". If stuff gets added in the future then great, but it doesn't change that it's not here now. People understand how this works when ordering food - waiting long periods of time for the rest of your meal is not acceptable even if the food is great. The cadence of how content is presented matters.

The argument that it will be better in the future isn't one that should be given to people who have already bought the game, they paid full price and deserve value for their purchase now. And it only tells anyone who hasn't already bought the game that they would be better off buying it in a year or two when it's cheaper and more complete.
That’s fair, but I personally feel like it’s very hard to judge a game that’s confirmed to be getting more content in the future. As it stands now, I’d probably give GT7 a 7.5/10 at best, but I could see future updates increasing my personal score, especially if they do more than give us more cars/tracks. For example, more interesting regulations for Sport Mode events, more options in lobbies, and so on.

Personally, I’d totally be down for the return of some stuff I missed since I didn’t get GT6, like the Goodwood Hillclimb or the Sierra Time Rally. But I digress.

Last edited:
completely in the same boat. have done absolutely everything in the game, all events, missions, licenses, competed with friends lists on their times (can only see friends' times.. another loss from gt sport), got experimental with scapes, made themed custom liveries and racing suit, got A+ dr. and this morning find that it's yet another stupid no-stopper in sport mode. the "offline" career mode at the moment is repeating the same 3 tracks, sardegna / spa / le mans, and glitching a tomohawk in tokyo. absolutely abysmal and pathetic for a game with such a monumental budget. but not to worry the stars in the sky which I definitely pay attention to are accurate to real life (which is apparently the reason not all tracks have day / night cycles). embarrassed that I even encouraged my friend to get this game to do the shocking multiplayers lobbies and have fun with
you could always not use the tomahawk at Tokyo for some variety! I’m pretty much in the same boat with a few CE still outstanding and that maggiore endurance mission. I don’t feel hard done by though, with the hours I’ve played versus the money spent it’s and acceptable trade in my opinion, I’d like more content, more frequently of course but I’m not reaching for the pitch fork just yet.

For example, more interesting regulations for Sport Mode events, more options in lobbies, and so on.
unfortunately people have been asking for this from gt sport for years and years now. and the lobby mode is a regression from sport. genuinely it has the potential to be an incredible game, but it's so far from that

unfortunately people have been asking for this from gt sport for years and years now. and the lobby mode is a regression from sport. genuinely it has the potential to be an incredible game, but it's so far from that
I don’t disagree, but I think we need to stay at least somewhat hopeful. I think that for the most part, PD is still doing testing as far as Sport Mode races go, especially after 1.13 and the respective changes to PP and handling. Heck, the GTWS is still undergoing testing itself.

In the absolute worst-case scenario for me personally, I’d give it until GT7 turns one year old, as I’m hoping we’ll have the first formal GTWS starting around then. But hopefully the online modes - both Sport Mode and lobbies - will be a lot better much sooner than then.

But yeah, I do agree with some of you that GT7 has a lot of room for improvement on some things - things that’ll take more than just adding cars and tracks, as much as I welcome them otherwise.

Last edited:
Pretty damn shocking, that aside from like a few extra hours post-launch (the 2 updates), the offline part of this game has been down to you making your own fun. And when you consider that a lot of people are not good at it or simply want the company to make the events for you to challenge youself (like me), this is a huge upset.

Is it too much to ask for a few more missions? 1-Lap magic? Overtaking? Fuel management? Slipstream missions?
At least a couple of championships for Gr.2 and Gr.1 cars and more events for the 20 million cars to have some use other than just cruising with them aimlessly around a track?

I'm really torn on this discussion. But that's nothing new for me because I'm about as ambivalent as a man can get.

I feel the game is missing so many events and the rewards from custom events are too low to compensate for the deficiency. i still feel I got good value out of the game but I could have enjoyed my time so much more if they had just taken the cars and tracks they already provided and made more events for them.

So yeah, I can't really recommend the game as it is to people despite not personally feeling any regret for buying it myself. I also understand the majority of complaints but still enjoy my time in the game each day.

The fact that we KNOW there is more content out there really twists the knife.

Latest Posts

Back