Content is not enough.

• Thread starter Bo larsson
  • 49 comments
You know, the 'Mercedes-AMG VGT Racing Series' (the car), was added to GT6 in 2014. For 8 years I've been thinking, "they should probably add a one-make racing series for this car (and so many others, but especially every VGT since they have unique performance)" and they haven't. It also still lacks an interior and I'm not holding my breath for that.

The menu books offer a decent entrée for a GT7 main course campaign that I'm beginning to question the existence of. The waiter brought three good 30-minute races I've been chewing on for a month and some 1-hour missions that I found too bitter for my palate, unfortunately (or maybe I'm bitter about the time I waste not winning them and not getting paid).

It's pretty funny that they added Spa again, I'm kicking myself for not commenting "Spa?" in the update prediction thread. Spa24 does at least have a pit-entry cutscene that isn't just my crew scratching themselves for 25 seconds.

There's potential for an excellent game through significant updates, but there's also potential for a mediocre game that only grows in content by 15% each year for three years and never gets a decent campaign and is permanently bogged down by absurd gameplay decisions like lottery-exclusive engine swaps and Sport mode payouts being roughly the same as Sunday cup.

Here's hoping we're in the good timeline where this game gets several hundred more good events, and Midget II & LFA soon!

CBH
It's a shame because I thought GT7 would have shown a lot of potential this time, but it has failed to deliver.
I have been saying for a while now that GT7 just feels like a continuous of GT Sport, and I call the game GT Sport 2.
It has unrealistic things in the game that should never be in, like the performance points that effects the Suspension, LSD, Transmission, Aero and the Tires.

People who like the idea of having performance points that effects the suspension side of things in this racing game, are people with nothing between the ears. Performance points should have never have step into the suspension side of things a racing game because it is impractical to have it there.

This is a defiantly a GT Sport 2 game because GT Sport was kind of a lame game, and this game we got now is even more of a lame game. This game is nowhere near a numbered one from the series, because it has got so much rubbish that should not have ever been in a game.
You were generous! GT7 is basically GT Sport with another year of content updates, which coincides, in a way, with the ending of GT Sport's update.

It's been five years since the launch of GT Sport and maybe three years since the end of the GT Sport content updates, if I'm not mistaken! A minimum number of 15 circuits in addition to the GT Sport roster, including all layouts, as well as 200 new cars should appear at launch of GT7. But not! It's basically the same game! It's 80% the same game! If the PD named GT Sport Director's Cut, no one would find it strange.

Last edited:
Are you forgetting that people paid $70 for this game and expected more of it to be available when they bought it, not maybe in the future? Sometime. NOTHING is guaranteed in updates. Nothing.

Stop making excuses for them. You wouldn't do it for other products, would you? Would you buy a car and be happy to find the air con isn't installed, nor the CD player, and the top speed is only 120, not the 150 you were promised? You'd be happy if when you complained they said it was coming at an undetermined time in the future, maybe?

I don't remember PD promising anything. Unless I missed it? They said that there would be additional content as the game moves forward and that's been the case.

I'm really torn on this discussion. But that's nothing new for me because I'm about as ambivalent as a man can get.

I feel the game is missing so many events and the rewards from custom events are too low to compensate for the deficiency. i still feel I got good value out of the game but I could have enjoyed my time so much more if they had just taken the cars and tracks they already provided and made more events for them.

So yeah, I can't really recommend the game as it is to people despite not personally feeling any regret for buying it myself. I also understand the majority of complaints but still enjoy my time in the game each day.

The fact that we KNOW there is more content out there really twists the knife.

Yeah, chap I work with has ps5 and has played all the previous gt's.

I tell him its a good game, but mentioned economy issues, lack of content etc, but despite that it's still a good game.

He's decided to hold off for now, as doesn't feel premium price is worth it, due to its shortcomings.

Like you I'm enjoying it still, not bored, but would of course prefer more content. In fact I invested in a fanatec wheel a few weeks after launch. Maybe that's helping (forcing?) Me to remain engaged invested more.

I find it crazy that in content terms, Gran Turismo 3 was actually quite low in comparison (just rereleased events set with a harder difficulty when progressing through the leagues) but yet it managed to keep us playing for hours as the career mode was an actual career mode. Perhaps PD need to have another look at their older titles (mainly the first 4) and perhaps take some major inspiration from those in the near future or the game may end up falling very short of the mark.

I know some people are disappointed with the initial content of GT7 and trying to compare it with buying other products like a car.
I would liken it more to buying a PS5. If you buy it on launch day you know there are not many games out for it yet and some of your favourite games might not have a version out for months.
So you either buy it on launch day and enjoy what's there and the kudos for being one of the first, or you wait until it's got the content that you want.

GT7 is just the same.

I know some people are disappointed with the initial content of GT7 and trying to compare it with buying other products like a car.
I would liken it more to buying a PS5. If you buy it on launch day you know there are not many games out for it yet and some of your favourite games might not have a version out for months.
So you either buy it on launch day and enjoy what's there and the kudos for being one of the first, or you wait until it's got the content that you want.

GT7 is just the same.
I 100% disagree. You buy a PS5 knowing exactly what is available and exactly what benefits it will bring to PS4 content. There is no valuable comparison at all.

I 100% disagree. You buy a PS5 knowing exactly what is available and exactly what benefits it will bring to PS4 content. There is no valuable comparison at all.
But you assume a new version of Gran Turismo, Fifa or COD will come out for it. Even though it's not there on launch day. There will be updates to the list of titles available. Same as there will be updates to the lists of events available in GT7.

But you assume a new version of Gran Turismo, Fifa or COD will come out for it. Even though it's not there on launch day. There will be updates to the list of titles available. Same as there will be updates to the lists of events available in GT7.
I think I better understand your point but it's kinda horrific that you are ok with this. GT7 is not a platform. It does not derive value from the works of others it should be a product in its own right.

To boil it down:
I assume CoD will get released for a platform. / I expect a race for Gr1 cars will be in a product (not coming later).

Expectations should be higher that you are getting the full value of something if it is a product Vs a platform.

Last edited:
You know, the 'Mercedes-AMG VGT Racing Series' (the car), was added to GT6 in 2014. For 8 years I've been thinking, "they should probably add a one-make racing series for this car (and so many others, but especially every VGT since they have unique performance)" and they haven't.
Since the launch of the BMW VGT I've wanted a one make series for it. The problem with doing it with the Custom race creator, is the liveries all being the two standard ones.

Where did I say PD promised anything in that post?

Well you were giving an example of buying a car and finding out it only did 120mph rather than 150mph and ended the sentence by saying "as was promised" So, where did PD categorically state that such and such features would be available at launch?

You must be playing a different game then :confused:
Depend on region and time of day I suppose, because there are a lot of people who agree that the lobbies are a shadow of what they once were.

But the OP point is valid. If you compare GT7 to GTS, there isn't much difference, and GTS is considered pretty paired back compared to GT6. I agree that there should be more PD created multiplayer events. It should not be left to the community.

Last edited:
I think the content is a little bit lacking. I will finish menu book 39 soon and I might try the missions and the circuit experience but I don't enjoy those so I probably use the Tomahawk glitch and do the other 3 races Spa/Le Mans/can't spell the other one:dunce: to buy soome cars I want and probably start doing custom races until they come out with more content

kjb
I think the content is a little bit lacking. I will finish menu book 39 soon and I might try the missions and the circuit experience but I don't enjoy those so I probably use the Tomahawk glitch and do the other 3 races Spa/Le Mans/can't spell the other one:dunce: to buy soome cars I want and probably start doing custom races until they come out with more content

Pretty much what I do. Dip into missions, circuit experience once a week, but prefer races (where I choose the car I drive).

There's a lot of lobbies.

I do a weekly race. And during the break in between races while the host is setting up, we all read the names of the other lobbies we see. And there are pages and pages of them. There's always few that make us all laugh. And those are only the public ones. It's become tradition now. :lol:

My biggest complaint is the lack of understanding of the player base that PD had when they were developing GT7. In this day and age it is so easy to collect feedback and input from current users to determine (1) what improvements GT7 should have, (2) what would be emphasized and improved from GT Sport, (3) what could be dropped or minimized from GT Sport, etc.

In all I read in the forums on GT Sport I would never imagined PD would think that there would be a huge cry to have a "road car" focus, and a "collector" focus, a "tuning" focus, and a real push that this game some how also become some sort of digital database for collecting and enjoying tuning and making liveries for cars.

I wanted it to be a racing game. I really thought there would be improved graphics, a few more tracks, more focus on Gr4 and Gr3 Sports mode races and lobbies, some other online modes, and a decent career mode. Heck, they did not even plan or work with Kudo (or somewhere else) to make a seamless transition to a comprehensive database for online racers. They HAD to know this was important. It was impossible not to. IMO they did an excellent job on the creation of GT7. I am just unsure how they every thought it would please the GT Sport market AND broaden it. In short, they made what they wanted, it seems, and they should not be confused as to why we are not happy.

You were generous! GT7 is basically GT Sport with another year of content updates, which coincides, in a way, with the ending of GT Sport's update.

It's been five years since the launch of GT Sport and maybe three years since the end of the GT Sport content updates, if I'm not mistaken! A minimum of 15 circuits in addition to the GT Sport roster, including all layouts, plus 200 new cars should appear at launch. It's basically the same game. It's 80% the same game. If PD name it GT Sport Director's Cut no one would find it weird.
I call it GT Sport 2 and them blunderheads at PD call the game GT7, and this game definitely not a numbered one from the series. If members on this forum and say yes GT7 definitely a numbered game, well they got rocks in their heads.
If this was a GT7 game it should have had the same amount of cars like GT5 & GT6, so players can drive their favourite cars.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back