Content Leak Reveals New Porsches for Project CARS 2

Proceed with caution. I thought there was an F1 file as well. SMS couldn't get the licence because Codemasters got it for a further 3 years.

Maybe we get a 944 race car, 356, 930T??

RSR you say? This is the one we need:

Porsche-911-Carrera-RSR-Turbo-2.1.jpg

Glad the 908 gets some love over the more popular racing Porsches. A 934, 993 GT2 Evo and an RS Spyder need to make the cut. Please SMS.

Last edited:
if this is really coming than I will buy the pack just for the carrera gt alone because I really want that car.

I completely agree. I haven't had access to this car since FM3, and I've been pining for it ever since!!!

PS. I moved away from Xbox after FM4, and I never bought the Porsche expansion for that one, so...yep.

I always heard people rave about the Porsches but in this game I'm not loving them so far compared to the Ferraris. Is there one I should try?

I always heard people rave about the Porsches but in this game I'm not loving them so far compared to the Ferraris. Is there one I should try?

The 911 GT3 with the Falken livery is my favourite, but the 935 series is quite the handful.

Well, yeah, great, but ... Don't get me wrong, I'm first and foremost a Porsche fan and happy for any new model, however completely disappointed and sad whenever I even think of this game, as it has no Subaru (any rumors about that?). Once they add it, 10/10. Until then, 7/10 and playing FM7 and GTS.

I completely agree. I haven't had access to this car since FM3, and I've been pining for it ever since!!!

PS. I moved away from Xbox after FM4, and I never bought the Porsche expansion for that one, so...yep.
And If I'm not mistaken, this is the first the time the Carrera GT makes it's debut in a actual sim game

Yeah the physics of Group 5. I'd probably recommend the 320 first. Then, step up to the Capri, 280ZX. Then, 935. The cars are so violent. Me likey.

In the previous game I loved the 320. It was one of my more stable cars. In PCars 2 you are correct, it along with some of the other cars in that group are very violent. I just can't remember what or if I did anything to the old 320 to tame it a little.

And when I test them I use Hockenheim since it's so flat. Don't have to worry about hills breaking traction.

In the previous game I loved the 320. It was one of my more stable cars. In PCars 2 you are correct, it along with some of the other cars in that group are very violent. I just can't remember what or if I did anything to the old 320 to tame it a little.

And when I test them I use Hockenheim since it's so flat. Don't have to worry about hills breaking traction.
I use the stock set up for all of them. I guess I don't mind the undulating circuits. Helps me control the throttle, weight transfer and brake pressure.

Great to see some love for the 961 GTX as It usually doesn't get much attention..

Just had a quick look and I'm quite happy to see the F355C and the 512bb LM in that list.

I had to Change my Pants after reading about the 512LM, to be honest. Cannot wait!

As I am a slave to the great days of Group C i spent days thinking about which Cars SMS could add to the game....apart from the 905 Peugeot and the Mazda 787B, your Avatar came to my mind. The chances are next to Zero, but my god would I love to bang that around the tracks. I mean the recipe is just too tempting.

Looks like the 961 is on it's own for class-based racing. Hopefully more Group B rally cars are included in the Fun pack or whatever that is.

961 can maybe race against a few cars. GT0 class, Grp. 5 and the BMW M1. The race categories always confuse me around this time. The mid 80's. But there was a B Class in Rallying and Le Mans. Le Mans B-class involved the GT cars. The Porsche 911 SC and the BMW M1 were some other entries. 961 raced in the GTX class in 1986 though because homologation wasn't completed yet. And 1987 Grp. B was replaced. Weird how it all coincides with the rallying. But anyway this isn't the rally car. The rally raid variant was still called a 959. But I'm defo up for some Grp. B rally cars, whether they're rallycrossers or normal spec.

On another note. Really glad to see the 917's. Especially the 917K and 917/10 Can Am. I'm not so bothered about the 935 (looks like moby dick again) and could replace that with an older 718 RSK or 550.

Edit: Thinking about it. Another car that could rival the 961 is the Ferrari GT0 Evoluzione. I'd love to have that in a game to.

Last edited:
Is it just me or @CarreraGT seems biased :D :D

wrt RSR I'd like teh new one because, it finally sounds like a race car and since it's mid engine it sure will drive differently from it's ancestors.

That engine placement always had made it special driving car though and (I read and hear) quite a bit special on the setup side as well.

So yeah, I like the old one but I was looking forward to the new.

I use the stock set up for all of them. I guess I don't mind the undulating circuits. Helps me control the throttle, weight transfer and brake pressure.

My first outing with the 320 was at Brands Hatch GP and after about 10 spinouts and no laps completed clean that's when I made the decision to test first somewhere flat before going to courses with elevation.

917K, 959, and 961 and I'd be happy. Throw in the 550A, 914-6, and 2000 911 Turbo and you'd sate my appetite for quite some time.

Is this the first time the 961 has even been considered for a racing game? I don't recall seeing it ever before in a racing game.

What happened to RUF though? I miss the yellowbird from Pcars 1.

Latest Posts

Back