controler gitch

  • Thread starter Thread starter m1mnight
  • 16 comments
  • 1,171 views
Messages
15
United States
wi
Messages
m1mnight
i found when you change from the default setting to the one that let's you change the brake,atm and tc using the pad in car and when you use L1 to steer the motor loses power the more you push left or right
 
I.... what..? L1 to steer?

Do you mean your car is losing power as you turn around the corner? because that's called inertia and friction. Physics tend to do that..

And what do you mean by "The one that lets you change the brake"? do you mean when you turn ABS off..? please elaborate because at the moment it's impossible for me to understand what you're talking about
 
i mean if you go to the options for the controler and change the pad buttons to beable to raise and lower the level of braking,traction while you are on the track, you may lose power from the engine using the L1 stick to steer
 
That's still gibberish. Have another go, but this time remember the AUP to which you agreed when you joined up:
AUP
You will post all messages in English.
You will not use “textspeak” (“r”, “u”, “plz”, etc.) in your messages. Decent grammar is expected at all times, including proper usage of capital letters.
This, of course, is exactly why we have those rules - had you gone for plain English with decent grammar the first time, chances are your message would at least be recognisable rather than vague.
 
i mean if you go to the options for the controler and change the pad buttons to beable to raise and lower the level of braking,traction while you are on the track, you may lose power from the engine using the L1 stick to steer

Ohhhhhh, that's called the L3 stick or more commonly "Left stick". The L1 button is the small shoulder button at the top.
Visual aid the one marked "1"
I still don't quite understand though, I fail to see how mapping that menu to your PS3 controller would cause any kind of impact on the games physics, are you sure you haven't accidentally turned your TCS up? because that's what it sounds like
 
sorry for the misunderstanding on which button it is but the problem is when you try to steer around a corner the engine stops when you m ove L3 1/4 from center left or right.and no tc was all the way off
 
Yeah I'm with Jvale and Byegad, it does sound like ASM.

I only used it once when I was really struggling with the Civic Seasonal so I'm not exactly an expert on its effect but it would be worth checking.
Especially since it's one of the options in the menu you could have very easily accidentally activated it.

And no worries :) I was just confused, at first I was thinking "Who in their right mind would map steering to the L1/R1 buttons"
 
Sorry no.I never use asm.I nominally run nascar at daytona and was trying the time trails on the snow track and on the part there some people cut the course.I was going the right way and notice my engine cutting out I though it was my tranny setup.I adjusted some and got a message to meet at daytona for racing.I got on the track at daytona and noticed it again.I went back to the options for the controler and changed it back to default and now it works.
 
Last edited:
UrieHusky
Yeah I'm with Jvale and Byegad, it does sound like ASM.

I only used it once when I was really struggling with the Civic Seasonal so I'm not exactly an expert on its effect but it would be worth checking.
Especially since it's one of the options in the menu you could have very easily accidentally activated it.

And no worries :) I was just confused, at first I was thinking "Who in their right mind would map steering to the L1/R1 buttons"

I might try and map steering to those buttons see how it feels.
 
Steering can't be assigned to other buttons than left/right d-pad and L/R analog stick. So it's not the steering mapping that's causing it, I think.
 
sorry no i never use asm i nominally run nascar at daytona and was trying the time trails on the snow track and on the part there some people cut the course i was going the right way and notice my engine cutting out i though it was my tranny setup i adjusted some and got a message to meet at daytona for racing i got on the track at daytona and noticed it again so i went back to the options for the controler and changed it back to default and now it works

Like I said. "Accidentally"

I wasn't implying anything about your driving preferences, I was just saying that the ASM function is changable via that menu, so it would be rather easy to accidentally activate it.

There's just no way that changing your button layout would effect the game in that way, you must of turned an aid on at some point

I might try and map steering to those buttons see how it feels.

Y'know. I honestly kinda do too now XD

It's not the steering mapping that's causing it.

I wasn't saying it was a problem with what the steering was mapped to, nor was anyone else lol
 
Check that you've not mapped L3 down as brake (accelerate up) as well as steering (left and right movement of L3). If you have and you are not accurate in your horizontal movement, you will end up braking as well as turning.
 
Check that you've not mapped L3 down as brake (accelerate up) as well as steering (left and right movement of L3). If you have and you are not accurate in your horizontal movement, you will end up braking as well as turning.

This is the most likely cause of such an issue, if you're sure you have not accidentally enabled ASM. Just changing the mapping to enable the RA menu shouldn't change anything about how the car performs.

The only issue I've seen with using the RA menu is that since I use a wheel and have the menu controls on the controller, occasionally when I press the button to bring up the menu I will bump the controller's brake button while doing so and it will stick on while the menu is open. But that's immediate and not tied to steering.

If there's not an odd button mapped to gas or brake, and ASM is not turned on(or maybe very high TC? ), and it doesn't happen immediately on opening the menu, I'm not sure what else it could be other than a bad controller or extra input from another controller.


And just to help clear things up for anyone unsure, there is no number associated with either analog stick. In most if not all official descriptions of the controller layout in game help and manuals that I've seen, the sticks are simply referred to as the left or right stick. "L3" and "R3" only refers to the buttons that you use by clicking the sticks in, to activate the horn or wipers by default in GT5 I think (I replaced R3 with the RA menu activation).
 
Please close thread I have reset the controler to the default setting and works in fact i have beaten the gold min by 3 seconds thank you for your help.
 
sorry no i never use asm i nominally run nascar at daytona and was trying the time trails on the snow track and on the part there some people cut the course i was going the right way and notice my engine cutting out i though it was my tranny setup i adjusted some and got a message to meet at daytona for racing i got on the track at daytona and noticed it again so i went back to the options for the controler and changed it back to default and now it works

Have you ever heard of periods and commas?
 
Back